Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mufutiz
01.18.2012 , 06:48 PM | #2771
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
Why faction balance failed.

There was no penalty for it. In other games you suffer a penalty of long queue times for warzones. If Empire couldn't play empire in huttball? Many would have rerolled.
Well, they realized that now . So at least they announced new same-faction WZ's (plural) for the future. No wait...that doesn't make sense.

Exponentially
01.18.2012 , 06:48 PM | #2772
Though I'm not in Ilum yet, I thought I'd post some ideas in here instead of raging.

1) Cap the number of players able to be in the open PVP portion of the zone. Have the cap equal the lowest faction's players in the zone.

2) Diminishing returns on valor for killing the same player.

3) No valor earned near an enemy's spawn area.

I hope the issue is fixed to everyone's satisfaction soon. I really love this game and want it to do well. I don't agree withe people who say that it's dying, because everyone had issues at launch, some worse and some way more minor than this, and some of them are still around. Look at Anarchy Online, for example. Let the people complain, but the level headed among us know that this will be properly fixed, and we will be compensated. Just be patient for a response. It IS coming.

dipstik
01.18.2012 , 06:48 PM | #2773
I'm not sure if it's just today or this week, but changing from downing walkers and turrets to killing the other faction and gatgering armaments has ignored the fact that healers do not get credit for kills their ops group make. Also, when solo in the zone a healer needs a companion, which have been disabled.

As of right now pvp on ilum is unplayable for healers.

ActionAce
01.18.2012 , 06:48 PM | #2774
What is irritating me most about this is that if it were the republic benefiting from this exploit there would be constant Facebook updates and probably a real time stream on YouTube about what is being done to rectify the situation, CNN type coverage.
Quote of the month:
wileycoyote -If there were no "soloers" oohing and ahhing, the "raiders" would look pretty silly just standing around in front of the bank with no audience

skiaforos
01.18.2012 , 06:48 PM | #2775
They showed a disturbing lack of foresight in allowing these changes to go live. They may be in over their heads in trying to balance a game system as large and complex as an MMO. Their total lack of communication over the course of the day is also really troubling. This is a bad day for all of us.

SonnyMarrow
01.18.2012 , 06:49 PM | #2776
Just unsubbed. They are letting this get too out of hand. Being Republic was bad enough, with the animation differences (I play a Sage) and population imbalance, but this is too much.

Another thing I realized today is how poorly optimized the game is. I have a 2600k at 4.4 GHz, GTX570, and 8gb of 7-8-7 1600MHz RAM. When the battle started happening on Ilum, I had to turn my graphics to low to get above 8 FPS. This was before 100 Imps were there, it was maybe 15 vs 30 at the time and the game just had a meltdown. Too much lightning I suppose.

Duryan
01.18.2012 , 06:49 PM | #2777
Account is Canceled.. If they do not reset the Valor from today will not be back. Its sad worked hard to get 65, and this is such a great game. Would hate to see one patch kill it. There are better ways to do Ilum but main thing right now is valor has to be reset. Being Able to get to 70 in no time like some people have on sith side?? thats insane..Good Luck to you Bioware hope you fix it because i would really love to keep playing. If not looks like Diablo 3 going to have alot of people to play with.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side"

Niktok
01.18.2012 , 06:49 PM | #2778
Quote: Originally Posted by zombieinferno View Post
ugh. if it wasnt the valor farming, the lag alone is enough to make it unbearable. i love playing a game where i get 1 - 3 fps because there are over 50 ppl on my screen even with all my graphics settings set to low. This is countered to usually having 60-80fps with all graphics settings set to high (or whatever they really are.)

A middle ground is needed. Bring back Ilum v1.0 and just add a small number of kills on top of helping the war effort. Nerf the valor rewards completely so its on par to the same amount of time spent in a warzone.

oh and roll back all valor to server start after patch.
*snicker* until server start? someone is a little delusional.

DarthBloodloss
01.18.2012 , 06:50 PM | #2779
Quote: Originally Posted by SonnyMarrow View Post
Just unsubbed. They are letting this get too out of hand. Being Republic was bad enough, with the animation differences (I play a Sage) and population imbalance, but this is too much.

Another thing I realized today is how poorly optimized the game is. I have a 2600k at 4.4 GHz, GTX570, and 8gb of 7-8-7 1600MHz RAM. When the battle started happening on Ilum, I had to turn my graphics to low to get above 8 FPS. This was before 100 Imps were there, it was maybe 15 vs 30 at the time and the game just had a meltdown. Too much lightning I suppose.
Gotta turn off name plates
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Seattlite
01.18.2012 , 06:50 PM | #2780
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post

As of right now pvp on ilum is unplayable for healers.

To be fair, it's unplayable for pretty much everyone. I have yet to see a gameplay vid of 1.1 Ilum that is running at any better than 5-7 FPS, with 5-10 seconds of ability lag to boot.