Since it's not in patch notes, this stealth patch in today's patch has destroyed...

-Me-

What I find amusing about this is if you look at the games, like those produced by NC Soft for example, they leave very little to the imagination of the player. Female toon's breast jiggle, n.ipple shapes are clearly seen through the gear, and you can see everything except for their private parts if you outfit them properly. I forget which game it was, but there's a Bone Bikini outfit that is almost X-rated. What we have here is pretty tame in comparison. Hopefully, this is just a glitch. But with this group of devs, you never know. Edited by Ghost_Spectre

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this should just be a bug and not a censorship issue. The game is rated T for teen and even says : "sexual themes" on the case cover next to the rating. There's no nudity and the revealingness of the dancers bottoms were tastefull as they were ( no g-string) If people want to run around in what is basicly a bikini, then they should be able to.

I checked this out on my Mara, you can see there is more to this bug than just the butt area. If you look at the legs of my char they are miss colored. This reminds me quite a bit of the Relaxed Vestment's bug. If its the same type of issue good luck ever seeing this fixed.

http://i.imgur.com/lPTa6kW.jpg

I checked this out on my Mara, you can see there is more to this bug than just the butt area. If you look at the legs of my char they are miss colored. This reminds me quite a bit of the Relaxed Vestment's bug. If its the same type of issue good luck ever seeing this fixed.

Someone identified the problem. The colors on the legs of the female toons are reversed so the knee is on the rear of the legs and the hip rip is caused by the fact that it is the front side we see from the rear.

So yes it is a bug, I just fear it will take 6 months for them to get around to fix it.

I have not seen at all whatever is going on in your screenie but I'm skeptical that this is just a bug. The rear of the bikini is larger than it was, the cloth goes higher up the back than it did before. Before, it was low enough you can actually see the beginning of....what's the medical term?...anyway, before the cloth stopped just just below the beginning of the butt crack. Now it does not as now it goes higher up the back. Looks like a failed photoshop job to me so now the question is did they break the models beyond repair now?

This little whatever it is has messed me up in game LOL. My toon has a back flap of sorts covering the rear but it's not long enough to completely cover the discoloration. It actually looks like there's a light shining down the inside of the back flap and that's as good at having neon flashing arrows pointing at my butt constantly. And then, and then there are those up-skirt camera angles in cutscenes that actually zoom in on the effected area.

Wish we can get some kind of official statement on this. It's taken me off stride in game. When I start a character I want to finish that character, not simply go play a different one. I'm having a problem playing this character with flashing neon arrows pointing at its butt.

Racing Stripes!

lol@maxipad

I spent 3 million credits decking out my shadow with the bottoms that have cloth hanging down in front and in back and it has so thoroughly ruined the character for me, I cannot stand to continue levelling her. As I had decided to main her in pvp, I bought every legacy xp perk, maxed out mail and repair, bought a skill statue and went full retard with level milestone purple mods (20, 30, 40, 50, 55) with my cybertech who's cost I didn't even factor in.

There was no notification or warning of this. If this bug (if you can even call it that) that arose from absolutely no where from a patch that had nothing to do with female models or their clothing isn't resolved in short order, I more than likely walk away from swtor (again).

Any game company that's willing to **** with its player base like this doesn't deserve my money or my time.

If this was unintentional, fine. Lets get a hotfix out for it because this won't just go away. If this stealth.....destruction WAS intentional, **** you bioware, **** you ea, **** you lucasarts and **** whatever dev decided this was an acceptable "fix".

Seriously, if this was on purpose, quit being *****es and take some responsibility. This is just pathetic.

Edited by Sabain

This only really affect 1 of my 12 characters. A Sith Assassin I made recently, I ended stopping playing that character today its just bugging me so much. The legs look like half squeezed tubes of toothpaste poking out from under the skirt, its really distracting and looks pretty shoddy.

Messing up half your player models is a pretty big faux pa in an MMO, when people can spend a lot of time and credits getting there characters to look just right.

Plus I had to sit through a cut scene with what looked like Jabba the Hutts backside waggling away in the background :eek:

Ugh, thsi problem is so big? i thought it is my client bug but wow..

well thsi thing is less noticable on bright skin but my sithgirl is really strange as there is a bright line of red on her legs - really bright one.. and yea - this odd thing on the rear..

Please, fix that! =(

My character's look. This is far worse then whatever you was trying to fix Bioware. far far worse.

I'm trying to think of a proper PR and maybe PG way to explain this but there really is only one way. This patch has given my character a rather large feminine hygiene product. My character is wearing dancer bottoms and now poking out of the sides in the rear is a huge square distorted in color from the normal skin color. What else can it be but a ... you know?

Who's the lunatic that complained about dancer bottoms and why have you tried "fixing" it only to destroy it? There was nothing wrong with the way it was, there was no nudity at all.

I don't spend my time starting at cartoon derrieres but I noticed this the very 1st cutscene since your cutscenes do like to zoom in on derrieres. Given that fact, why haven't you changed the cutscene angles too? Seems just as bad as whatever you was trying to fix here.

Anyway, the look of my character is now ruined, it was my look, i don't care if anyone else likes it or not and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it but you Bioware had to listen to some nun or someone and as a result has ruined my character's look. That is something you just don't do in a MMO. I got so disgusted I just logged out, came here to rant and I guess I'll go log into somewhere else that does not distort things that honestly do not need distorting.

Can i get some sort of explanation please? What good are patch notes when you leave things out? That seems a common occurrence I've noticed with many things in this game.

Screen shot: http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/1413477/pics/original/2328858.jpg

Just alt-tab'd out of game

Yes, my characters are affected by this as well. Looks terrible , and needs to be fixed asap........

I know it's a bad time with Christmas and all but it's also bad business practice to have not seen any official statement on this issue a week after it occurred. When there are paying customers having an issue with the product it requires a prompt immediate response from the provider. It matters far less if the issue has to wait for a correction than it does to at the very least acknowledge and plan of action. On this issue among many others the silence is deafening.

However trivial to anyone it may seem, this bug/censorship is a tipping point. I live more on principles than trivials. My subscription comes due this week so I just pulled my payment method. If ignoring paying customers mean more than communicating with them, then I'm out and no, you can't have my stuffs. It's all bound anyway :p

-Merry Christmas

Edited by -Me-

I know it's a bad time with Christmas and all but it's also bad business practice to have not seen any official statement on this issue a week after it occurred. When there are paying customers having an issue with the product it requires a prompt immediate response from the provider. It matters far less if the issue has to wait for a correction than it does to at the very least acknowledge and plan of action. On this issue among many others the silence is deafening.

However trivial to anyone it may seem, this bug/censorship is a tipping point. I live more on principles than trivials. My subscription comes due this week so I just pulled my payment method. If ignoring paying customers mean more than communicating with them, then I'm out and no, you can't have my stuffs. It's all bound anyway :p

-Merry Christmas

A much more eloquent way to say what I meant.

**** you bioware.

Yep. This problem is terrible. Please fix it, BioWare. It worked perfectly before the 17th of December.

I'm not sure who broke what, but this is literally the worst bug.

I don't know if you've ever run around with your feminine hygiene pad showing, but it's not something most ladies are into.

OH MY GOD THEY RUINED THEM.... Seriously this annoys me BIG TIME. There was NO reason to do this change, so if it's not a bug, it needs to be changed back and if it is a bug... it needs to be FIXED.

Here is a screenshot of it on my character, I can noticaeably tell it's straight down and not.. well, hugging her but like it did before. I mean seriously, there was nothing wrong with it before so if it's not just a bug, that's even more reason to fix it...

http://absolutegroundzero.com/Images/Screenshot_2014-01-09_16_57_03_015346.jpg

:mad:

EDIT: Hope it's not dangerous to do so that they will extend this to the others, but the older ones like the Elegant Loungewear Bottoms have not recived this bug/change... so that means I am very much hoping it's a bug.. please fix this Bioware!!!

EDIT 2: **** Just read the post about them being on BACKWARDS and you are right... :facepalm Seriously Bioware, ***... fix this ASAP this is seriously stupid.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Yea, same here - not fixed.. and this... mess is even on men's asses! =o

as the new outfit, Jori Daragon has loincloth - actually close to longewear bottoms and other stuff like that - and it can be weared even by men - so, same thing - lines on inner thigns, reversed textures and ugly things on the rear - has my male agent then i tried that on him...

That can't be enything else then a bug - please FIX IT!!!! as we look on our chars from behind that really really ruin the mood then you see that... ew...