Upcoming Community Livestream - December 16

DanielSteed

Hello everyone,

Next Monday, December 16th, we will be doing another community livestream on Twitch! With 2020 right around the corner, we'll be talking about what players can expect to see coming soon. If you keep an eye out, a hint can already be found on the Fleets… :rak_03:

Hint, look in the Strongholds and Crew Skill Section :)

I am always looking forward to new content, (I LOVE Star Wars and love new content and lore.) but could bug fixes be a priority as well as new content?

Even if new stuff is added, if the foundation is broken or bugged, the new content doesn't matter.

Thanks in advance and see you on Twitch!

Would love to see the BUGS FIXED that drops the incorrect gear for your spec. Ie off hand generator for mercs, tank specific set bonus for dps and healing specific set bonus for dps. (I don’t mean the internals, I mean the actual set bonus gear specific for a spec, not the generic stuff)

I really do hope Bug fixes are at the top of your to do list. All the new stuff is worthless if you can’t enjoy the game due to these sorts of bugs.

When will they reduce the credit sinks to take the pressure off the regular players

When will they add proper credit sinks that target those with the most wealth in the game?

Lastly, when will they reply or act on feed back they specially ask players to give them and then do the complete opposite

Sorry, feeling a bit jaded since 6.0 released and only getting worse with ever week the gearing isn’t fixed or we are ignored by Eric.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

With 2020 right around the corner, we'll be talking about what players can expect to see coming soon. If you keep an eye out, a hint can already be found on the Fleets… :rak_03:

And what if I don't give a damn about Strongholds? Is there anything I should expect then?

And what if I don't give a damn about Strongholds? Is there anything I should expect then?

Get a piece of paper, divide it into several columns and rows, fill in the boxes with weasel words / marketing spin like 'soon', 'we hear you', 'we are excited', and 'more to come', listen to stream and mark boxes when they say the word or phrase, after you connect a row or column of boxes, scream 'BINGO' and post in stream comments.

Edited by DawnAskham

Get a piece of paper, divide it into several columns and rows, fill in the boxes with weasel words / marketing spin like 'soon', 'we hear you', 'we are excited', and 'more to come', listen to stream and mark boxes when they say the word or phrase, after you connect a row or column of boxes, scream 'BINGO' and post in stream comments.

Don’t forget Swedish fish references ;)

When will they reduce the credit sinks to take the pressure off the regular players

When will they add proper credit sinks that target those with the most wealth in the game?

Lastly, when will they reply or act on feed back they specially ask players to give them and then do the complete opposite

Sorry, feeling a bit jaded since 6.0 released and only getting worse with ever week the gearing isn’t fixed or we are ignored by Eric.

I agree 100% with this. Its very annoying in regular things keep going up in price (repairs, ripping out mods, travel, crew skills) and the credit payout for missions is either lowered or not changed at all. Can't save up at all for SHs or other items, let alone gear now requires creds. I mean if it was 500k per piece, then I could deal with it (imo, just tech frags should be the currency) but 1 mil per is too high. Not every player just has 500 million to 2 billion just laying around they spend without a care. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. ie: the economy is in ruins.

Will you also talk about changing the drops from content that does not have that good rewards compared to FPs and Ops?

I liked that you added drops from world bosses (and even saw groups forming for them regularly, at least for the easy ones). And I also know that droplist changes are tedious and boring and must be thought out to not create imbalance. However gearing now is heavily in favor of running FPs and Opses only. There is lot of content that is underwhelming or even ommited. It would be great if every small patch - or every other patch - could bring rewards to one of following content places, which would enable people to do more activities without burning out on repeated running of the same content:

- Uprisings. Now they drop reward only from one (last) boss and the reward is comparable maybe to one FP boss kill. While it might be ok for Fractured, where is actually only one boss and just trash along the way, it is not ok for places like Inferno, Trial and Error or actually any that has several boss fights. It would be nice to have drops from each boss (not from waves of adds), similar to FPs, with same rewards as in FPs (story UR = solo FP, veteran UR = veteran FP, master UR = master FP) and with 1 / 2 / 3 gear boxes for story / vet / master weekly. I know UR should be technically faster than FPs, but if I compare HS/RR with 3 bosses to any 3 boss uprising, the FPs are both faster and easier at that difficulty.

- Weeklies. Before we ran them for a huge CXP reward, now the Renown reward is not so great. Since they are doable only once per week, it would be nice if they all gave one gear box (maybe two for Iokath and Dantooine, as those cannot be done in single day) similar to the gear box from FPs (so no guaranteed set piece, but guaranteed several items on your item level). Doing weekly takes longer than killing one boss in FP, who drops about same amount of pieces as the crate.

- Star Fortress. Both solo and H2 are technically a sort of solo flashpoints based on where they are listed in activity finder, but are special. Star Fortresses (apart from having broken droplist on veteran mode with no decorations and no bracers drops) should drop both the decorations and shells and gear pieces (like most new FPs do). On solo mode drops should come from EPHERMIS, while on H2 they should come from both Paladins and Exarch.

- Eternal Championship. For Eternal Championship it would be nice to have gear boxes tied to the weekly for killing 5th, 7th and 10th boss, with 5th and 7th giving normal gear crate while 10th would give a crate with random set/tactical item (or maybe just the same Weekly crate that light/dark vendors have, I think it does exactly that). I consider the EC to be a great way for players to improve themselves and their understanding of class and mechanics, which greatly helps when such players run group content.

- Heroic missions do not need any gear rewards added, but it would be nice if a daily for completing x heroics on a planet would have a chance to give a holocron decoration - the decorations do not drop from mobs for higher level players, only for players until lvl 50, so this would be a way to get them again.

- KDY FP has only one (last) boss that drops gear, which makes it undesirable, as time spent vs reward ratio is worst and people do not want to run this FP at all. Please add drops to the bonus bosses (there is one optional champion in 1st and 2nd stage) so the reward would be comparable to other FPs.

- Token gear vendors from places with special currency - like Ziost, Eternal Championship - that sell sets that no longer are even close to end game gear could be updated to sell either gear boxes, or the new recipes that currently come from Kai Zyken randomly - they could be expensive in credits and tokens (I would be fine with anything like 2.5-5M and tokens for 5-10 weekly runs), so people would really have to put work in obtaining them, and it would make Kai feel like discount vendor. But it would enable people to work towards obtaining the recipe for a set or tactical item they want to craft.

I understand it is not possible to do all those changes at once, but it would be nice to add some with each patch. People in game want to be rewarded, and if one content provides large rewards while other content does not, the unrewarding content will not be done and become obsolete. However now there is just too much of content that has low or no rewards and it narrows the game too much.

Edited by Sandrosw

Will you also talk about changing the drops from content that does not have that good rewards compared to FPs and Ops?

I liked that you added drops from world bosses (and even saw groups forming for them regularly, at least for the easy ones). And I also know that droplist changes are tedious and boring and must be thought out to not create imbalance. However gearing now is heavily in favor of running FPs and Opses only. There is lot of content that is underwhelming or even ommited. It would be great if every small patch - or every other patch - could bring rewards to one of following content places, which would enable people to do more activities without burning out on repeated running of the same content:

- Uprisings. Now they drop reward only from one (last) boss and the reward is comparable maybe to one FP boss kill. While it might be ok for Fractured, where is actually only one boss and just trash along the way, it is not ok for places like Inferno, Trial and Error or actually any that has several boss fights. It would be nice to have drops from each boss (not from waves of adds), similar to FPs, with same rewards as in FPs (story UR = solo FP, veteran UR = veteran FP, master UR = master FP) and with 1 / 2 / 3 gear boxes for story / vet / master weekly. I know UR should be technically faster than FPs, but if I compare HS/RR with 3 bosses to any 3 boss uprising, the FPs are both faster and easier at that difficulty.

- Weeklies. Before we ran them for a huge CXP reward, now the Renown reward is not so great. Since they are doable only once per week, it would be nice if they all gave one gear box (maybe two for Iokath and Dantooine, as those cannot be done in single day) similar to the gear box from FPs (so no guaranteed set piece, but guaranteed several items on your item level). Doing weekly takes longer than killing one boss in FP, who drops about same amount of pieces as the crate.

- Star Fortress. Both solo and H2 are technically a sort of solo flashpoints based on where they are listed in activity finder, but are special. Star Fortresses (apart from having broken droplist on veteran mode with no decorations and no bracers drops) should drop both the decorations and shells and gear pieces (like most new FPs do). On solo mode drops should come from EPHERMIS, while on H2 they should come from both Paladins and Exarch.

- Eternal Championship. For Eternal Championship it would be nice to have gear boxes tied to the weekly for killing 5th, 7th and 10th boss, with 5th and 7th giving normal gear crate while 10th would give a crate with random set/tactical item (or maybe just the same Weekly crate that light/dark vendors have, I think it does exactly that). I consider the EC to be a great way for players to improve themselves and their understanding of class and mechanics, which greatly helps when such players run group content.

- Heroic missions do not need any gear rewards added, but it would be nice if a daily for completing x heroics on a planet would have a chance to give a holocron decoration - the decorations do not drop from mobs for higher level players, only for players until lvl 50, so this would be a way to get them again.

- KDY FP has only one (last) boss that drops gear, which makes it undesirable, as time spent vs reward ratio is worst and people do not want to run this FP at all. Please add drops to the bonus bosses (there is one optional champion in 1st and 2nd stage) so the reward would be comparable to other FPs.

- Token gear vendors from places with special currency - like Ziost, Eternal Championship - that sell sets that no longer are even close to end game gear could be updated to sell either gear boxes, or the new recipes that currently come from Kai Zyken randomly - they could be expensive in credits and tokens (I would be fine with anything like 2.5-5M and tokens for 5-10 weekly runs), so people would really have to put work in obtaining them, and it would make Kai feel like discount vendor. But it would enable people to work towards obtaining the recipe for a set or tactical item they want to craft.

I understand it is not possible to do all those changes at once, but it would be nice to add some with each patch. People in game want to be rewarded, and if one content provides large rewards while other content does not, the unrewarding content will not be done and become obsolete. However now there is just too much of content that has low or no rewards and it narrows the game too much.

^ Agreed with and seconded.