Thank You Gold Spammers

HuaRya

You have effectively created a sub-culture of players who now right click "report spam" for practically anything under the sun. From all those newer or rebuilding guilds we thank you for eliminating the only tool we have to keep our guilds afloat. Sure we may have 200-800 members but since guild membership isn't legacy based and people can create up to 75 alts it's a constant job of finding new recruits.

Hey SWTOR Millenial devs working in Austin if you are reading this perhaps you might want to create a legacy wide based guild membership like ESO has that lets people join up to three guilds on their account. That way guilds don't have to manually invite each alt a player has and they can create new characters that are instantly in a guild. Pretty simple stuff.

And for all you right click "REPORT SPAM" out there. It's much much much easier to turn off all the communication channels e.g. Say, General, Trade, Whisper, etc. than to spend your day right clicking anything someone types that you don't like. That way you can enjoy your isolated Anti-MMO experience you are really looking for.

Why should we turn of general just so we don't have to listen to you spam the **** out of chat with your damn guild adds? Or were you reported for adding people all over the place without actually asking them. If you spam invite , or just spam ad in general, you'll get reported, but if you are a decent recruiter and don';t annoy the crap out of people, you won't get muted or banned

You have effectively created a sub-culture of players who now right click "report spam" for practically anything under the sun. From all those newer or rebuilding guilds we thank you for eliminating the only tool we have to keep our guilds afloat. Sure we may have 200-800 members but since guild membership isn't legacy based and people can create up to 75 alts it's a constant job of finding new recruits.

Hey SWTOR Millenial devs working in Austin if you are reading this perhaps you might want to create a legacy wide based guild membership like ESO has that lets people join up to three guilds on their account. That way guilds don't have to manually invite each alt a player has and they can create new characters that are instantly in a guild. Pretty simple stuff.

And for all you right click "REPORT SPAM" out there. It's much much much easier to turn off all the communication channels e.g. Say, General, Trade, Whisper, etc. than to spend your day right clicking anything someone types that you don't like. That way you can enjoy your isolated Anti-MMO experience you are really looking for.

If you're whispering me with guild invites, you can bet you're getting spam reported.

If you stick to general, I have no problem with it, especially if you leave space for other messages.

I don't like trade chat, so I don't have much opinion on that, but it's not really the place for guild ads either.

If you post the same message too often in too short a period of time the game will automatically squelch you without a single player having to report you. Furthermore, as someone who constantly reports spam, I have never once in my nearly 6 years of playing ever reported a guild recruitment message. If they become obnoxious in whisper, I place them on ignore, but I do not report them. I take exception to your mischaracterization of players who use the report feature as it is intended as having an "isolated Anti-MMO experience you are really looking for." If the attitude you display in your post here on the forums is reflective of the attitude you display in-game, I may make an exception to my rule of not reporting guild recruitment messages, just for you.

If you post the same message too often in too short a period of time the game will automatically squelch you without a single player having to report you. Furthermore, as someone who constantly reports spam, I have never once in my nearly 6 years of playing ever reported a guild recruitment message. If they become obnoxious in whisper, I place them on ignore, but I do not report them. I take exception to your mischaracterization of players who use the report feature as it is intended as having an "isolated Anti-MMO experience you are really looking for." If the attitude you display in your post here on the forums is reflective of the attitude you display in-game, I may make an exception to my rule of not reporting guild recruitment messages, just for you.

Agreed. I suspect they've fallen foul of the auto squelch. I've been /w plenty of times with guild invites; almost all have been really polite requests which I've always replied to with a thanks but no thanks message. Like you if the /w invite is obnoxious, I don't even reply; I just ignore but have never reported.

I'm pretty sure the Devs will take issue with their insulting post and shake the forum ban stick in their direction.