who's the better healer, that Robot or Quinn?

Crawfishies

The robot is a more effective healer when geared but it's difficult to find gear for him. No vendors sell basic gear for droids and it's rare to find it on the market. You have to rely on quest rewards and drops. Or get the crewskills necessary to make it yourself.

The robot is a more effective healer when geared but it's difficult to find gear for him. No vendors sell basic gear for droids and it's rare to find it on the market. You have to rely on quest rewards and drops. Or get the crewskills necessary to make it yourself.

Who makes it - cybertech?

I've been hearing some people actually use the robot (although he's annoying as hell).

When Quinn's AI decides to just dps instead of healing you, mobs die faster and you may live. When the droid's AI bugs out the same way, you end up soloing because it can't hit for crap.

Cybertech makes most parts, droids can also wear implants and earpieces like everyone else. Commendation vendors usually sell some parts too.

Make sure you are not ranging Quinn with Force Leap, I have had that happen several times and he will stand there, out of healing range and just shoot at targets and never heal me. A quick click on passive will make him run or warp in and click attack and the healing starts. Also, you can turn off most of his combat abilities if you find him dpsing too much.

Or just click on passive mode briefly so he runs up to you, then deselect it.

I've never ever seen Quinn actually 'bug out' and stop healing me. I've only ever had problems with him when I'm too far for him to heal but he is still within blaster range of a mob, so he stands in place shooting.

I'm very skeptical whether there is actually a bug or not, and as such I don't think the droid would ever be deadweight. Then again, my experiences might be different to others'.