Greatest Force User of All Time

DarthSublimitas

The quote by Lucas was from 1988 and in it he says the Palpatine wanted to replace Vader with Luke because Luke was more powerful.

1988 is not today, it was before most of the novels and games that make up the EU AND it was only his reason why Palpatine wanted him at the TIME in the MOVIE. Vader was OLD and mostly machine by then.

Looks like there is something to debate, namely why you must take things out of context to attempt to sound correct...

Name one besides Abeloth that would stand a chance against Luke.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm? Plageuis could do that but he has no impressive feats besides being super smart.

Luke has... created a blackhole, absorbed AT-AT fire, is the best duelist, can teleport objects, can do lightning and so much more, He is canonically the most powerful Force User ever.

The problem here is people dont seem to know what the word POWER means.

Dueling with a lightsaber has nothing to do with power, that is skill.

Absorbing blaster fire is a SKILL.

Lightning is a SKILL and many NON powerful force users could do it.

Cutting a person off from the force like Nomi Sunrider...that is a power.

There is no greater power than the power to CREATE LIFE OUT OF NOTHING!

Anakin Skywalker was created out of nothing and the only person that could do that is the person that trained the most powerful Sith there has ever been.

Anakin and Thus Luke gained their abilities by the most powerful force user in history, Hego Damask. They are HIS creation.

Its simple.

1 man is responsible for not only the single most power sith in history but also the entire Skywalker line of force users who could only do what they could do because of the one that created them.

Deal with it.

Oh and to those that want to keep bringing up George Lucas quotes as proof Luke is the most powerful...

"But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story." ~ George Lucas

According to Lucas, nothing that happens after Return of the Jedi in the novels means a thing. There is no story, thus Luke never becomes powerful in any real way. Anakin is THE CHOSEN one, he is the most powerful Jedi ever...and he, according to Lucas, was created by another force user.

George says it,

Deal...with...it.

Comparitive to how quickly Luke learns all these abilities after ROTJ, comparitive to lets say Yoda who lived centuries..... does any of it seems like reasonable margins they would become so powerful in such short of a time? And having them do unreasonable things while it seems unlikely their film counterparts were anywhere near that level? And with all the adventures they're having in the novels.... when did Luke find the time to train while he was creating the New Jedi Order? When did Sidious ever show a desire to train Darth Vader in the OT being a half cyborg disappointment he always had the intention of replacing...? And would we really put emphasis on words spoken by a man who is constantly changing events to worse and even worse? A man who had admitted in interviews he's not a good director, nor a good writer?.... >_> eh..... whatever Edited by Darth_Malevolent

Canon wise , it will always be Sidious

None Canon , Luke

Luke is a child to Sidious and Vadar in the movies and if Vadar hated his son for being a wimp and tossed his butt into the endless pit like a redheaded stepchild , we would not be having this Debat.

What a twist it would have been if he though that was Padme and Obi-wan's love child...LMAO

Canon wise , it will always be Sidious

None Canon , Luke

Luke is a child to Sidious and Vadar in the movies and if Vadar hated his son for being a wimp and tossed his butt into the endless pit like a redheaded stepchild , we would not be having this Debat.

What a twist it would have been if he though that was Padme and Obi-wan's love child...LMAO

Luke is far more powerful than Sidious and Vader combined Post-ROTJ.

Luke is far more powerful than Sidious and Vader combined Post-ROTJ.

You always like arguing with me but Lucas already stated that Luke was not anywhere as powerful as Anakin and according to Lucas Vadar was 80% of Palpitines power . So Canon Luke is nothing sorry :/

After all, nothing before or after the movies happened and SW ended when Vadar died.

Luke only beat Vadar because Vadar could not use his hate and rage on him , this is Canon

Vadar died killing Palpitine , due to the Force Lighting ............again Canon

Luke just was there and by being there was able to change history by changing his father . Sorry :/

You always like arguing with me but Lucas already stated that Luke was not anywhere as powerful as Anakin and according to Lucas Vadar was 80% of Palpitines power . So Canon Luke is nothing sorry :/

No... Lucas stated Anakin had the potential to become the most powerful Force User Ever. Hence, the chosen One. But Lucas also stated Luke is Anakin's potential realized, meaning he basically became the Chosen One. See?

Anakin is 200% of Sidious at full potential(*Which he never reached).

If Vader is 80% of Sidious.

And Luke becomes Anakin's potential realized, do the math.

After all, nothing before or after the movies happened and SW ended when Vadar died.

Luke only beat Vadar because Vadar could not use his hate and rage on him , this is Canon

Vadar died killing Palpitine , due to the Force Lighting ............again Canon

Luke just was there and by being there was able to change history by changing his father . Sorry :/

If you don't cout anything post-ROTJ as canon then so be it. Lucas has stated the EU is a separate Universe not that it doesn't exist.

If you don't cout anything post-ROTJ as canon then so be it. Lucas has stated the EU is a separate Universe not that it doesn't exist.

I can you just do not want to lose so Imma lay it out for you

1 Luke only beat VADAR because Vadar loved his son , the whole reason Vadar was turned to the darkside was his love for Padme, he had no clue about the kids .

2 If Vadar could not live past Palpitine's Force Lightning you really think Luke could ? No way !

3 Crash Course in anything is still a crash course and that is all Luke knew . Anakin/ Vadar had years of Jedi Training and some Sith training and died to a old man who could barely walk .

Lucas stated , Star Wars is about the Movies and Vadar, after Vadar Dies the story ends. That lucas commenting on EU and taht says everything !

I am a fan of EU and think it should be canon , and in that Luke is the most powerful yes !

Actully your all wrong lol must not of read any of the later books. Lukes nephew anikin named after his grand father was the most powerful force user to live. He was born able to speak and mastered the force by age 4.

I believe the Solo kids were considered to be more powerful , but alot of people think Leia was more powerful than Luke .

I myself haven't read too much on the Solo stories so I am limited in that Debat.

I

Lucas stated , Star Wars is about the Movies and Vadar, after Vadar Dies the story ends. That lucas commenting on EU and taht says everything !

I am a fan of EU and think it should be canon , and in that Luke is the most powerful yes !

actually Lucas said the story HE wanted to tell was the one about Vader and that is why he only ever made the 6 movies and plans no more... and Lucasfilm Ltd. which actually owns the SW franchise and in turn is owned by Lucas himself have stated the EU is canon tho it is subordinate to film canon

but none of that matters since Luke wins in the films, GL has stated flatly Luke was the most powerful and the EU also shows Luke as the most powerful (as he always wins)... so it doesn't really matter which source you go by they all pretty much agree

Actully your all wrong lol must not of read any of the later books. Lukes nephew anikin named after his grand father was the most powerful force user to live. He was born able to speak and mastered the force by age 4.

Uh actually Anakin Solo himself and numerous others have flatly stated in many novels the Jacen Solo was more powerful than he was... and that Luke could crush Jacen even at his height of power

also Anakin Solo didn't "master" the force by any means at age 4.. read the Young Jedi Knights series.... and he could not speak when he was born ... go check out the Dark Forces series in which they show him being born... I don't even know where you got that one from

in fact the most powerful thing he ever did in the force was achieve Oneness on the Myrkr mission ... a feat which was also done by Luke Skywalker, Jacen Solo, Anakin Skywalker, Ganner Rhysode, Barriss Offee, and Jax Pavan so not that impressive

Edited by Liquidacid

Again if we go by Movies, Luke was on the ground being dealt a death at the hands of the Emperor to be SAVED by Vadar who died for doing so.

LuKe was no match for the Emperor in the Movies , nothing you can show otherwise .

Movie > anything you want to say

If we go EU , yes after the movies Luke > Emperors Clones and teh Rest of the EU world

So as I stated before

Sidious if we go by Movies

Luke if we go by EU

Anyone can pick up ROTJ and see luke on the ground getting pwned by the emperor only to be saved by Vadar in which Vadar dies for doing so !

Edited by mefit

Again if we go by Movies, Luke was on the ground being dealt a death at the hands of the Emperor to be SAVED by Vadar who died for doing so.

LuKe was no match for the Emperor in the Movies , nothing you can show otherwise .

Movie > anything you want to say

If we go EU , yes after the movies Luke > Emperors Clones and teh Rest of the EU world

So as I stated before

Sidious if we go by Movies

Luke if we go by EU

Anyone can pick up ROTJ and see luke on the ground getting pwned by the emperor only to be saved by Vadar in which Vadar dies for doing so !

you are making the assumption that Luke would not have rallied and won if Vader had not interceded... after all Vader WAS winning against Luke till he rallied at the end with a burst and beat him... now if he could rally and beat Vader and Vader could and did beat Palpatine than logic dictates Luke could have eventually rallied the strength to beat the emperor... we will never know because Vader interceded for the sake of the plot...

so I will go with the most basic idea that anyone who has ever heard a story and has an IQ over room temperature will understand... Luke was the good guy thus he would always win in the end and as such was more powerful by default.. it may seem silly but that's what happens when you try and debate about a fictional universe :p

in the end it doesn't matter if you can juggle solar systems with your mind and I can't... if I still win in the end I'm more powerful because all your "power" didn't mean jack

Edited by Liquidacid

It is isn't made clear in the movies, if that's all you know about Star Wars, about just how powerful the greatest force users really were. I guess there just wasn't the budget or time enough in a movie to really show how bad *** these guys were. You really have to get into the novels, which get into more detail. (like Luke making the fleet appear, rebuild/destroy the fortress etc.)

Having said that there is no debate about #1. Lucas himself has said it and also just read the books. It's Luke and that's final lol. #2 I'd definitely go with Sidious(Palpatine). The dude drained the life force of entire planets by HIMSELF. No rituals, no help, just his bad self. There on out it's kinda less clear. To me it's between Vader or Yoda, and I'd lean towards Vader(who absolutely was just botched and made to look like a goon/emo crybaby in the movies). As cool as he looked and the james earl jones voice etc. he just wasn't portrayed as being nearly as tough as he was in the books. (except maybe force choking mr. scrubby admiral who "came out of light speed too quickly" from another ship)

I love these threads.

Mr. Lucas has stated that Luke is the most powerful and accomplished Force user and lightsaber duelist. Sidious is the most powerful Sith and probably 2nd to only Luke overall.

For those of you proposing the SWTOR Emperor and using his planet draining event as proof, last time I checked it wasn't him that did that. It was him leading 1000 Sith lords in that effort.

Anyone that says Revan, Tulak Horde, Markos Rangnos, etc etc you are all wrong since they are not even the most powerful Jedi/Sith.

The thing that just kills me is when people disagree with a fact but want you to somehow accept their opinion.

Luke is the most powerful, whether you like that or not, it really doesn't matter. It is what it is.

No... Lucas stated Anakin had the potential to become the most powerful Force User Ever. Hence, the chosen One. But Lucas also stated Luke is Anakin's potential realized, meaning he basically became the Chosen One. See?.

WRONG

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chosen_One

"George Lucas himself has stated that Anakin is the Chosen One and that the prophecy is true, although Luke indirectly served as the catalyst that allowed Anakin to fulfill the prophecy"

Luke only served as the catalyst to HELP Anakin to fulfill the prophecy...he still did it, was still the chosen one.

Luke was just there to be the whipping boy and cry to get daddy to help him.

"Which brings us up to the films 4, 5, and 6, in which Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe..."

Luke was just a ponse nancy git..."From a certain point of view?" Derp! im in my twenties and I dont know what that means dup dup ditty day!

WRONG

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chosen_One

"George Lucas himself has stated that Anakin is the Chosen One and that the prophecy is true, although Luke indirectly served as the catalyst that allowed Anakin to fulfill the prophecy"

Luke only served as the catalyst to HELP Anakin to fulfill the prophecy...he still did it, was still the chosen one.

Luke was just there to be the whipping boy and cry to get daddy to help him.

"Which brings us up to the films 4, 5, and 6, in which Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe..."

Luke was just a ponse nancy git..."From a certain point of view?" Derp! im in my twenties and I dont know what that means dup dup ditty day!

The Luke Fanboys heads are imploding from this reply , they could not take it knowing that Luke was nothing more than a wakeup call to the REAL DEAL Anakin .