Installed SWTOR on new comp, keeps changing Resolution to no valid input

Dmasterman

So I put the game on a new comp, but I can't change the resolution setting from in game because everytime it launches it's in fullscreen and at a resolution that I can't play at. I can't even alt enter or alt out. I am forced to reset my entire computer

So I searched around on google only to find some help stating you can alter the settings in my appdata/swtor file

I've done this, I've changed the resolution in the settings and set it to non fullscreen (Windowed mode) but the game STILL does not acknowledge this. It starts in fullscreen at an unkonwn resolution.

Any tips would be great

try going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient

and change fullscreen= true to fullscreen=false in the client_defaults ini

only change this setting in the client_defaults,

the changes in the app data client_settings for Native height, native width , height , width and refresh rate shouldnt be done in the client_defaults just the change of fullscreen

Try a different monitor ?

Edited by OwenBrooks

Oh no it's not the graphics card. It's the forced resolution that this game has that's not compatible with the screen. I remember I had this happen with my original computer but there was in fact a method to get around it by changing the a settings.ini which you can change from full screen to non fullscreen. And the resolution.