Can we program our NPCs, companions, followers etc?

Macetheace

I just hate to see them just standing there on my ship or in my stronghold routed into one position,

isn't there a way BW can make it easy for users to input a sequence of emotes, actions, a path to walk, responses they can say when they see you, that match their personality (if they have one), etc

would be so cool especially on strongholds, not only do you place decorations you can also make your stronghold really feel alive.

Decoration hooks can access certain emotes for NPCs, like a bar can initiate a sequence of pouring drinks and drinking as Pcs sit down etc.. let players spend the time determining what theses are dong, you just need to make it possible for them to program.

I just hate to see them just standing there on my ship or in my stronghold routed into one position,

isn't there a way BW can make it easy for users to input a sequence of emotes, actions, a path to walk, responses they can say when they see you, that match their personality (if they have one), etc

would be so cool especially on strongholds, not only do you place decorations you can also make your stronghold really feel alive.

Decoration hooks can access certain emotes for NPCs, like a bar can initiate a sequence of pouring drinks and drinking as Pcs sit down etc.. let players spend the time determining what theses are dong, you just need to make it possible for them to program.

Would you mind eleborating on what you mean by programing? If you are asking for our companions to do idle tasks like you are describing, then yes I would be all for it. If however you are asking for more of a role in say OPS then I am going to have decline that.

But otherwise, nice idea.

ESO has implemented this in player housing. You can basically set up multiple movements, pauses for pets/mounts and house guests and the banker/merchant comps (like companions but they are only decos in your house that talk when you talk to them or you can bank/sell with them).

Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by programming? If you are asking for our companions to do idle tasks like you are describing, then yes I would be all for it. If however you are asking for more of a role in say OPS then I am going to have decline that.

But otherwise, nice idea.

I mean idle tasks. So they seem more lively.

ESO has implemented this in player housing. You can basically set up multiple movements, pauses for pets/mounts and house guests and the banker/merchant comps (like companions but they are only decos in your house that talk when you talk to them or you can bank/sell with them).

Yeh.. something like that. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this is a good idea, had no idea ESO implemented something like this..

If Kira could at least put her clothes on I'd be happy. Tired of seeing her standing there is her underwear...