Is there any way to block whispers?

Khevar

Gold farming spam in gen chat I can handle (turn off gen chat).

I keep getting Gold Farming spam whispered to me while leveling on various planets. Driving me crazy.

Would love to be able check off a box or something, "Only allow private whispers from friends list"

Possible?

• Like 1

It would be nice.....

I hated how in WoW the gold spammers got clever and they'd start off a tell by first saying "Hi, are you there?" so I'd think it was actually a real person and respond. THEN I'd get the gold spam. And I was like, GRRRRRR So after a while I had to do a /who and see if it was a level 1 person in Orgrimmar and then ignore them before they could do it.

It would be nice.....

I hated how in WoW the gold spammers got clever and they'd start off a tell by first saying "Hi, are you there?" so I'd think it was actually a real person and respond. THEN I'd get the gold spam. And I was like, GRRRRRR So after a while I had to do a /who and see if it was a level 1 person in Orgrimmar and then ignore them before they could do it.

Didn't bliz put a "right click" option to flag a whisper as spam? Does SWTOR have a similar option? I will have to log into both games tonight and check. :cool:

Unfortunately, as I've been leveling my sniper, I've had private whispers from 5 different accounts on different planets while I level.

I don't know exactly why, but for some reason when I get a private whisper with spam, it hits my personal "insane rage" button and I want to climb through my internet connection and light the other person on fire.

Come to think of it, this would be a great way to make me lose at PvP. (Don't tell anyone)

I always do /ignore them, but as their old accounts get burned, they make new ones.

Edited by Khevar

Didn't bliz put a "right click" option to flag a whisper as spam? Does SWTOR have a similar option? I will have to log into both games tonight and check. :cool:

Yes, and yes....the only difference though is that with WoW, flagging for spam also automatically ignores while in SWTOR you have to report than ignore separately.

Yes, and yes....the only difference though is that with WoW, flagging for spam also automatically ignores while in SWTOR you have to report than ignore separately.

Thanks for the clarification. Single step process in WoW. Dual step process in SWTOR.