Madness rotation?

sebakonkol

I am trying to make *perfect* rotation for this spec - by this I mean not missing any CD and not overusing DoTs

I found one rotation on Vulkk guide, but he said himself that this is imperfect

I tried to do it like IO rotation - basing abillity usage on my DoTs durations, but it seems impossible

Both main DoTs lasts for 12 GCDs, Demolish lasts for 6 GCDs and has cooldown of 10GCDs, Death Field has cooldown on 10GCDs, and Force Leech has cooldown of 8 GCDs (not sure about that). Also, there is Force Lightning that has channel which has werid time, lasts somewhere between 1 and 2 GCDs

So, I think, that moving main DoTs reapply by 2 GCDs every rotation round is solution.. but I`m not good enough to remember 12GCDs during fight without any training of it

So, my question is

Have anyone made perfect Madness rotation already? I doubt I will be able to find one myself

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to make myself rotation on paper few times already (to use everything on CD and have 100% DoT uptime), but, problem is that I have no idea if count Force Lighting as one or 2 GCDS

When I counted it as 2 GCDs, rotation wasn`t working

When I counted it as 1 GCD, it had some short phases I had to wait for next abillty to get off CD

Without alac its channel time is 2.01 s

Demolish and Death Field cooldown are 15 seconds

Crippling Terror and Affliction lasts 18 seconds

Force Leech has 12 seconds cooldown and activation time of 1.50 seconds (1 GCD)

Pls help

Before I suggest this, I will say that Madness isn't my most played spec, I pay little attention to GCD timing, and I'm likely going to get shut down by NiM raiders with their own massively optimized math and strategy, a group which I am not part of.

I split my rotation into two parts only, the dot application + heavy hitter abilities and then a lightning based filler in the meantime for the time that the dots deal damage that I have my own timing and ability choice for. Open with Demolish, apply your CT + Affliction, Death Field and Leech Main Target, then Polarity Shift + start your Wrath proccing, lightning charge to 4 stacks then empty it out immediately for Demolish or Strike depending on whether Demolish is off CD or not. I do Wrath proccing 3 times before repeating dot application, though after your 2nd lightning cycle I would check the dot timers on the target in case you lost track, as is likely in many fights. It's possible some do this for 4 cycles as well, or empty their volt rush instead of a Wrath proc if their force is stable. Use other temporary buffs/adrenals as makes sense to you, but as long as I never waste a stack of Recklessness on Force Lightning it's as close to perfection as I feel I can get given all sorts of distractions and the flow of battle.

Going to link the guide done by Endonae on Vulkk's site. All credit goes to Endonae, it is not my work.

https://vulkk.com/2020/01/11/swtor-6-0-madness-sorcerer-pve-guide-by-endonae/

In it you will find a rotation if you do not want a rotation that involves clipping your dots. I believe the author does state that not clipping your dots will lead to delaying some abilites in a single target setting, but the choice is yours.

The AOE rotation very specifically states to not clip your dots because Death Field does not refresh dots.

Anyways feel free to have a look and decide for yourself. I enjoyed reading Endonae's work and use the rotations listed within myself with success.