Gear requirement for Kp Normal mode

A couple hours ago i tryed to join a KP run on normal mode with half champ, 1/4 columi,

1/4 battlemaster gear and he told me no my gear wasnt good enough (vanguard dps

btw) ive ran it before with no problems. Is my gear really to low or was he just being a

D**k. thanks

A couple hours ago i tryed to join a KP run on normal mode with half champ, 1/4 columi,

1/4 battlemaster gear and he told me no my gear wasnt good enough (vanguard dps

btw) ive ran it before with no problems. Is my gear really to low or was he just being a

D**k. thanks

well kp is PVE and most gear u are wearing is PVP so he is not beeing a dick just beeing realistic

PvP gear isn't really all that good...but.

It was KP normal??? You can do that in blues and greens...and battlemaster PvP is about equivalent to Columi gear (not really, but basically PvP gear is somewhat close to PvE gear of one tier down...so Champion is around Tionese).

I'd say he was a moron probably....most/all normal mode fights can be 4 manned, you do not need people with good gear, you just need people who are actually paying attention.

I would not dare try to take out the Fabricator in blues and greens, lol. That fight's a major pain in the ***.

hmm...in normal mode? didn't they nerf that recently? I remember reading that people were complaining about him having to much health in normal mode...but I'm pretty sure they reduced his HP a few patches back.

idk, I haven't done normal KP in a long long time...but there's people who have posted vids of 4 manning normal mode EV and I think KP as well.

With a 3 new 50s (alts in blues & greens...including the tank & 1 of the healers) my guild ended up 7 manning normal mode EV a few weeks ago. Other than the tank having to learn how to position Soa in phase 3, we had no problems. The new healer even stopped healing and just did DPS for a few fights and our geared healer solo healed.

As long as people aren't stupid, normal modes aren't that difficult.

I do not see any issue with your gear for a normal mode operations. Those are on par with hard mode flash points, and your gear is suitable for those.

The main concern would be your hit points to survive some of the boss abilities. However, with heavy armor and your gear I am assuming you are 16K plus and should have had no issue.

In short the guy was being a douche. Its a normal mode.

hmm...in normal mode? didn't they nerf that recently? I remember reading that people were complaining about him having to much health in normal mode...but I'm pretty sure they reduced his HP a few patches back.

idk, I haven't done normal KP in a long long time...but there's people who have posted vids of 4 manning normal mode EV and I think KP as well.

With a 3 new 50s (alts in blues & greens...including the tank & 1 of the healers) my guild ended up 7 manning normal mode EV a few weeks ago. Other than the tank having to learn how to position Soa in phase 3, we had no problems. The new healer even stopped healing and just did DPS for a few fights and our geared healer solo healed.

Oh no, they definitely didn't nerf him. We tried doing it normal mode yesterday and wiped at the Fabricator several times after blowing through EV and the rest of KP with no problems. Half our group runs HM OPs mostly, and they were saying the Fabricator is at least twice as difficult on normal than HM. He has like 300k more health on normal, and the funnels only drop lava instead of doing the different things they do on HM. We were all shocked at how difficult this guy was.

Oh no, they definitely didn't nerf him. We tried doing it normal mode yesterday and wiped at the Fabricator several times after blowing through EV and the rest of KP with no problems. Half our group runs HM OPs mostly, and they were saying the Fabricator is at least twice as difficult on normal than HM. He has like 300k more health on normal, and the funnels only drop lava instead of doing the different things they do on HM. We were all shocked at how difficult this guy was.

They did nerf him at one point (dropped his HP in normal mode).

It still stands that hard mode version is probably easier than the normal version. It was just even more out of whack before.

Edited by JLapp

I would not dare try to take out the Fabricator in blues and greens, lol. That fight's a major pain in the ***.

Fabricator droid is the easiest boss in KP.

@OP: The raid leader wasn't very smart. Your gear is more than good enough to do normal mode.

Kp normal? pvp tier 1 if you don't have a dps to carry you. If its a full group of fresh 50s bonetrasher would be decently challenging , but not impossible. The rest of kp is a joke that you can probably do half naked.

Fabricator is probably the easiest boss to beat when you lack gear. Put 3 people on the buttons full time and let them dps only during the fire. You will kill him with just mass fire spam that will make up for bad dps. Its what we did on our alt raid when we had almost all fresh 50s.

Edited by Nessirin

only lava is a good thing...lava makes him take 3x damage....

that's why he has more health in normal, because you make him vulnerable to damage more often.

This.

However, I didn't just quote this because he is right.

I am actually more interested in who the hell this Omega guy is.

Edited by Dacce

This.

However, I didn't just quote this because he is right.

I am actually more interested in who the hell this Omega guy is.

lol, he was a guy who wanted BiS gear for doing nothing (literally nothing, he didn't want a challenge or anything....he wanted the gear to be just given to him as soon as he hit 50 in the mail or from a vendor for very cheap...he also said he wasn't interested in doing anything WITH the gear, so I couldn't figure out wth he wanted it in the first place.)

He made the claims that I have in my sig, and I asked him to provide more information. I'm a physicist myself, so I asked some physics questions about his education/research/etc as I doubt he was even out of high school....he reported me for asking questions, so I added his claims to my sig :)

The first operation I rank on my juggernaut as the main tank I ran in full champ gear.

I had absolutely no issues with it whatsoever.

Even in our hardmode raids we still have people that come in mostly PvP gear (not BM gear) and never hit enrage timers, and never have issues of people dying (unless they are being idiots, which can happen even with full rakata).

I find that for normal EV, you need atleast 13k HP, and for normal KP you need atleast 15k hp (bonethrasher's swipe hits for about 8k ish). When you step it up to hardmode, you need about 15k hp to run EV HM, and 16k minimum for KP HM.

For the most part, people who know the fights and are competent can run on a character with lower HP because their skill/knowledge makes up for the lack of gear.