SIS Intel Report: Key locations overview of the planet Makeb

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF the travel on this planet is as much a time consuming Nightmare as Belsavis or Corellia then you can count me ticked off. I am utterly sick of waiting for taxi's and elevators.

Please give us a Legacy perk for instant travel!!!!! Not just a cooldown Fast Travel.

If the empire and republic can only land small strike forces due to the atmosphere how did the Hutts land such a large army so as to be able to take the planet?

I would imagine it would take time... and the report said that one of the leaders (I forgot her name, but it said she was paid off for a while)...probably used her influence and money to gain a foothold, while taking Hutt money to build a staging area to where small forces were gathered over a long period of time.

If the empire and republic can only land small strike forces due to the atmosphere how did the Hutts land such a large army so as to be able to take the planet?

The Empire and republic most likely can only land small forces because of the Hutt Cartel's army / influence, not because Makeb has such a harsh wildlife.

Edited by Augustus

Looks really amazing but as another player stated I wish my toons were transfer from Dalborra to Harbinger because I want to be able to enjoy it like everyone else and not be stuck on MakeA the Alpha version with no players.

Having Early Access with no players is going to be a real pain

I honestly appreciate BW's work and efforts in bringing us TOR and Makeb. I'm quite disappointed by the architecture though. I'm sure there are time and resource constraints but it's still an important aspect of the game. I'm not suggesting that there shouldn't be places that are... essentially simple or 'old fashioned' (not quite the words I'm trying to find).

Even just a casual perusal of architecture (any, not just modern, let-alone sci-fi) makes Makeb (and some other places in TOR) seem seriously uninspired. The fountain's nice of course, but on the whole it looks like 12th century France and absolutely not StarWars.

The lean-to's do add a touch of realism which is somewhat interesting and certainly underscores the idea that the setting is resource constrained but it might be taking the idea a little too far... current 3rd world countries use things like that and this world is supposed to be among the wealthiest, it's certainly written up as supposedly being a very wealthy world due almost entirely to one particular resource - not unlike say, Saudi Arabia.

Corellia in particular really comes to mind as well in this regard - the hub of wealthy living in the galaxy and it's choc full of enormous cubes of beige on beige with brown and grey hilights... that old horse though... well, it's not getting up again is it.

Theed on Naboo is an old city in Italy. Tatooine homesteds are actual places in Tunesia. etc. most of the sturcutres in SW more or less match up with real life architexture.

Makebs rulers paid mercs as their army. Huts came along and paid them more.

Nice report Theron! Really enjoy in universe updates :)

Looks beautiful, all the planets do, but wont we be stood on the fleet waiting for WZ's to pop within a week? I'd love to spend time on the actual planets, but will we have a reason to, and will anyone else join us?