Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone else really miss standard Flashpoints?

DarthMurdek
09.02.2019 , 05:59 AM | #1
Just came back to the game after a long Hiatus (left before final SoR operation) and I find myself almost wanting to quit again due to the changes to how flash-points and other non-op content works.

So they added story more flashpoints, thats good, gives new players a chance to run the important flashpoints without people spamming SPACE BAR in the chat the entire time.

They added those tactical flashpoints before, which were a neat change of pace, I liked doing Kuat Drive Yards when that came out.

But now Im looking at the group finder and the only thing I can see is Role Neutral Content.

There is seriously no content pre-70 that has any role requirements? Did Bioware just decide that balancing these missions was too hard so they just made them all piss easy dps fests?

I leveled lots of toons just doing flashpoints, I spent hundreds of hours running new players through the early flashppoints and teaching them how to play there roles as intended.

I had no idea this wasnt even an MMO anymore, how are new players even supposed to learn how to play the game now? Does anyone even run OPS anymore? Am I wasting my time playing SWTOR as an MMO, im here to run OPS and other group content but if its 90% role neutral I dont see the point.

Im so incredibly disappointed in this change.
Sounds like a good opportunity for violence.

DarthMurdek
09.02.2019 , 06:39 AM | #2
Just came back to the game after a long Hiatus (left before final SoR operation) and I find myself almost wanting to quit again due to the changes to how flash-points and other non-op content works.

So they added story more flashpoints, thats good, gives new players a chance to run the important flashpoints without people spamming SPACE BAR in the chat the entire time.

They added those tactical flashpoints before, which were a neat change of pace, I liked doing Kuat Drive Yards when that came out.

But now Im looking at the group finder and the only thing I can see is Role Neutral Content.

There is seriously no content pre-70 that has any role requirements? Did Bioware just decide that balancing these missions was too hard so they just made them all piss easy dps fests?

I leveled lots of toons just doing flashpoints, I spent hundreds of hours running new players through the early flashppoints and teaching them how to play there roles as intended.

I had no idea this wasnt even an MMO anymore, how are new players even supposed to learn how to play the game now? Does anyone even run OPS anymore? Am I wasting my time playing SWTOR as an MMO, im here to run OPS and other group content but if its 90% role neutral I dont see the point.

Sounds like a good opportunity for violence.

Equeliber
09.02.2019 , 06:53 AM | #3
All ops (SM/VM/MM) and Master Mode flashpoints still require a "classic" role setup in the group. In some SM ops you can get away with just one tank as Story Mode doesn't really have many fights where 2 tanks are a must. You could also get away with just one healer if that healer is above average. Other than that, there is still plenty of content for a "classic" group.

The problem with having tank/heal/2 dps flashpoints on lower levels is that they will just never pop. The population isn't as big as before, and, more importantly, leveling is much quicker nowadays. Most people play at lvl70. Another thing is that a very small amount of people play heal/dps at all while leveling. Playing DPS is much more efficient. You would be waiting for a lvl15-19 Hammer station pop for over an hour, if it ever pops at all.

You might be happy to learn that developers are currently planning to scale all pre-75 content down to it's original levels in 6.0 expansion. So, when your group is inside, let's say, EV, all of you will be scaled down to lvl50 and so on.

Equeliber
09.02.2019 , 07:01 AM | #4
No need to post it twice in different forum sections

I guess I will copy my answer here as well.

All ops (SM/VM/MM), Master Mode flashpoints and Master Uprisings still require a "classic" role setup in the group. In some SM ops you can get away with just one tank as Story Mode doesn't really have many fights where 2 tanks are a must. You could also get away with just one healer if that healer is above average. Other than that, there is still plenty of content for a "classic" group.

The problem with having tank/heal/2 dps flashpoints on lower levels is that they will just never pop. The population isn't as big as before, and, more importantly, leveling is much quicker nowadays. Most people play at lvl70. Another thing is that a very small amount of people play heal/dps at all while leveling. Playing DPS is much more efficient. You would be waiting for a lvl15-19 Hammer station pop for over an hour, if it ever pops at all.

You might be happy to learn that developers are currently planning to scale all pre-75 content down to it's original levels in 6.0 expansion. So, when your group is inside, let's say, EV, all of you will be scaled down to lvl50 and so on.

Kirameki
09.02.2019 , 07:02 AM | #5
Group content is still there. Select Master Mode groups. OPS also is still group content. It's just the Heroic Quests on planets, Veteran and Story mode FP that are made easy.
"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!"
Referral linkfor you to get goodies and me my army of droids.
TwitterInstagram

Kraysk
09.02.2019 , 07:09 AM | #6
Yes, nobody does OPs anymore, and there are no groups forming at the fleet every 5 minutes every evening.
Yes, there is no such thing as MM FPs.
Yes, it's not worth returning, game is dead.

P.S. I understand that people are lazy and prefer to ask strange questions on forums instead of searching information on their own, but this is way too much apparently.
There is no passion…there is solely obsession.
There is no knowledge. There is solely conviction.
There is no purpose. There is solely will.
There is nothing… Only me. - Darth Ruin

alexzk
09.02.2019 , 07:24 AM | #7
Get to 70 ASAP (couple hours on naar-shadaa killing opposite side guards (pvp mode) during xp bonus).
Then u can start "classic" by rising hardness above normal, for FP it is master mode. However ...252+ geared tank can solo "old" MMs which were designed for levels prior 50 and some 50s as well, for example I could solo false emperor on illum (no bonus boss though).
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

LD_Little_Dragon
09.02.2019 , 09:01 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post

Don't get your hopes up there. I've been playing around on the pts and the level scaling has so far made the vet flashpoints even easier than they are on live.

Think of level syncing on the planets. A level 70 on coruscant has their endurance/mastery/power capped but everything else remains the same.

If you want actual role-specific flashpoints you have to do master mode. Best to find a large guild or some friends to run them with, since pugging is a hit or miss, and players don't learn any strategies in vet mode flashpoints anymore (for example: dps love to pull the boss, makes tanking and healing pug flashpoints a pita)
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

Phazonfreak
09.02.2019 , 09:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMurdek View Post
There are seriously master mode flashpoints and story mode operations that have role requirements and unlock in your group finder once you hit level 50. BioWare decided to make all the veteran flashpoints role neutral as to decrease the waiting times before a queue group pops for them. They are supposed to be quick leveling runs without the need for a coordinated group.

Quote:
You can still do that with veteran flashpoints if you intend to do so. There is no one stopping you from creating a balanced low level group yourself and run them.

Quote:

You had no idea, you don't see the point and you are incredibly disappointed because the things you complain about are very trivial and SWTOR remains an MMO even with the change of how veteran mode flashpoints work before lvl 50, because endgame content has rightfully been placed where it belongs, to the end. And you seem to underestimate the fact that there are quite a lot of players in SWTOR who don't like/want to do any group content at all.

Ardrossan
09.02.2019 , 11:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by alexzk View Post
Get to 70 ASAP (couple hours on naar-shadaa killing opposite side guards (pvp mode) during xp bonus).
Then u can start "classic" by rising hardness above normal, for FP it is master mode. However ...252+ geared tank can solo "old" MMs which were designed for levels prior 50 and some 50s as well, for example I could solo false emperor on illum (no bonus boss though).
Actually, that's been nerfed.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.