Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Guildmaster Needs Help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
New Guildmaster Needs Help

SteveTheCynic
08.27.2019 , 12:56 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Buellzebubba View Post
Thank you all for the answers so far. Here's some more questions:

1) How do you send messages to the guild? The officers?
2) I've renamed all the ranks to better suit the guild. Is everyone above the lowest rank considered an officer? If not, how is that determined?
3) Is there a guide for all the cool little things you can do? I managed to invite someone into my group, but couldn't disband the group. I found the option of kicking the other player out, but that seemed kind of rude. Is that the way it's done? Also, other players salute and do all sorts of cool stuff. Where can I learn about that aspect of the game? It seems like tribal knowledge. Is that the case?
If the group is just you and the other player, and you don't want to be rude by kicking him, leave the group instead.

The salutes and stuff are "emotes", commands you type into chat, prefixed with a slash. Examples:
* /dance = Your character dances
* /clap = Your character claps
* /yes = Your character says "Yes"
* /inquisitor = Your character shows his inquisitorial nature (available on all your characters if one has completed the Inquisitor class story)

In some cases, your character actually says the things out loud, which is only slightly annoying for people around you.

To see a full list of all the emotes, click the small "waving guy" icon in the top-left of the chat window to see a menu of menus full of emotes, although initially you won't have many of them available.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

JediQuaker
08.27.2019 , 03:31 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
To see a full list of all the emotes, click the small "waving guy" icon in the top-left of the chat window to see a menu of menus full of emotes, although initially you won't have many of them available.
You can also use them directly from that menu, without needing to type anything.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

The_Wulff
08.27.2019 , 04:51 PM | #13
1) How do you send messages to the guild? The officers?

It depends on what you intend to do. There is the message of the day option from the main guild window that is good for things like letting people know about upcoming events or telling them what to focus on for conquest etc. You can send guild wide mail from your mail terminal now if you have a longer static message you need to get out. If you haven't found it yet there is a guild chat option in game from the chat dropdown or by using /g to swap to it instead of regular chat and there is /o I think for officers but I honestly never use officer chat so I don't know off the top of my head.

2) I've renamed all the ranks to better suit the guild. Is everyone above the lowest rank considered an officer? If not, how is that determined?

What determines if a rank is considered an officer are the permissions you grant when setting up each rank. One of the options is access to the officer chat option. Also whatever the lowest rank on the list is, that is what people are set to by default (just make sure you don't give too much bank access to this rank or you will learn quickly how many people join guilds just to rob the bank).

3) Is there a guide for all the cool little things you can do? I managed to invite someone into my group, but couldn't disband the group. I found the option of kicking the other player out, but that seemed kind of rude. Is that the way it's done? Also, other players salute and do all sorts of cool stuff. Where can I learn about that aspect of the game? It seems like tribal knowledge. Is that the case?

There is no guide that I am aware of but as Steve and Quaker both already said there is a list of emotes available for you to see what you can do also if you right click your picture when grouped it gives some options and if you click the group members picture it shows you options for them. A few commands you should know are :
/ginvite Name = Invites a person to your guild (you don't need to be grouped or even on the same planet)
/gkick Name = Kicks someone out of your guild (if it is for bad reasons you may want to use the ban option so they can't get back in)
/whisper Name: = to whisper a person anywhere in the game (they don't need to be near you and yes this one needs the colon)
/say = anybody within 30 meters of you can see the message even across factions
/yell = same as say only 60? meters (I'm not sure about the distance on this one)
Right clicking names in the chat window will also give you options of how to interact with people.

I hope some of this helps