Lightning Sorc, Khem vs Xalek.

Hell_Kaiser_Fett

I just now got my Sorc up to lv48 and just now got the last companion, Xalek. I've been using Khem mostly, as for me being a lightning Sorc, a tank (Khem) works better than a dps or healer comp. However, Xalek is also a melee tank like Khem, which brings up the question, who is a better tank, Khem or Xalek?

I really love my big Dashade monster, and hearing him talk about Tulak Hord is awesome. He will die seldomly, but when he does, either everything else is dead or literally one "shock" away from death. I have yet to really use Xalek and so don't really know how well he does. Does anyone have any experience comparing and using the two as tank?

Who cares? Just pick a companion you like. They both tank just fine. Everywhere that you can bring a companion or would have to choose one or the other... it just doesn't matter. Questing isn't hard no matter which companion you bring. Just pick one and stop asking asinine questions on the forums.

Khem Is fun! But sociopathic Xalek is fun too. So politely obedient and yet so murderous. He's an awesome SIth apprentice, right down to the part where I think Ishould be nervous he may be plotting to kill me, LOL. What really decided me, though, was that Xalek could use my hand-me-down gear (one the one hand), and I wanted Khem to missions because of his bonusses (on the other).

Ultimately, rude guy above may be right though. I don't think your choice of companion makes a huge difference, though I know there are some bosses that are supposed to be easier to solo with your healer.

I never understand, why people have such problems with DPS comps. I use Ashara all the time and I even soloed every champion on Oricon with her.

Well... since the question is Khem or Xalek, then:

For pure tanking capabilities, Khem is the better choice due to his heavy armor. Xalek's 43% armor buff in his tank stance brings him only to a medium armor level and he takes significantly more damage.

Edited by Sindariel

Khem Is fun! But sociopathic Xalek is fun too. So politely obedient and yet so murderous. He's an awesome SIth apprentice, right down to the part where I think Ishould be nervous he may be plotting to kill me, LOL. What really decided me, though, was that Xalek could use my hand-me-down gear (one the one hand), and I wanted Khem to missions because of his bonusses (on the other).

Ultimately, rude guy above may be right though. I don't think your choice of companion makes a huge difference, though I know there are some bosses that are supposed to be easier to solo with your healer.

The thing is though, why do you get two melee tanks? I never had two comps with the same role on my main, so I don't understand why I do on my Sorc. Why bother giving us two melee tanks? Whats the point? Whats the difference? Khem has more armor, thats really it, so why give us a squishier tank?

I never understand, why people have such problems with DPS comps. I use Ashara all the time and I even soloed every champion on Oricon with her.

Well... since the question is Khem or Xalek, then:

For pure tanking capabilities, Khem is the better choice due to his heavy armor. Xalek's 43% armor buff in his tank stance brings him only to a medium armor level and he takes significantly more damage.

I don't have a problem with dps comps, I just figured a tank would work better for a dps sorc.

The thing is though, why do you get two melee tanks? I never had two comps with the same role on my main, so I don't understand why I do on my Sorc. Why bother giving us two melee tanks? Whats the point? Whats the difference? Khem has more armor, thats really it, so why give us a squishier tank?

Does nobody else play the game for story, concept, and theme purposes...or am I the only one?

I thought the idea was that Xalek was shaving supposed to do a bit more damage to compensate for having a bit less armor but I don't think I ever actually checked if that were true.

Xalek has 5% more defense baseline that inq gets too.

I find he is a bit like assassins. Sometimes he takes the beating like a boss, other times he goes as if he was a paper towel being hammered by an hyrdrolic powered weight.

Depends what kind of damage you are facing. Found xalek relatively better against those suppressive fire mobs for exemple.

As on now, I'm using Xalek for small mobs and Khem for gold stars.

Bit of a pain to keep both geared tough.

Mostly tough as soon as their defensive cooldown end at end game they go down rather fast.

I use ashara with lightning sorc tbh. More killing, less waiting and solo pve stuff dies before reaching me. If not I have a knock back, force slow and force speed, altough I mostly just use the bubble stun and the quick self-heal.

Sorc's squishy, but whatever thrash there is you oneshot.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Synthweaver on my Sorc so I was able to keep Khem in blues while leveling from 1-50 (I just returned to the game), so the choice was easy. As I started getting PVP gear upgrades back In the day, I would give them to Xalek So I decided to use him now that I came back. He seems to do an okay job until you want to solo a Heroic 2 then I break out Khem.

Never used the others

Recopense

• 2 weeks later...