Armormech and Synthweaving should make Armoring

routesman

Before all the cyber people jump down my throat saying I'm trying to 'steal' their market, hear me out on this.

As an Armormech, I'm really frustrated by the fact that my crew skill is garbage once someone has a full set of orange armor. At level 31, I have 2 sets of orange armor (chest and leggings) and 1 orange helm (which I never show). For the smaller armor units I'm still using some of my self-made stuff; but, eventually I'll have orange armor across the board (and my companions will too). And I will have to depend on someone else to make my armor. That just doesn't sound right.

So, what I think Bioware should do is to have Armormech make cunning and aim related armoring and Synthweaving make willpower and strength related armoring. Cyber keeps the ability to make both, along with their implants and ship related parts. Granted, I do think armormech should be able to make ship armor; but, that's a WHOLE other topic. And one that is a much smaller issue than personal armor.

Now, I also want you to note I said 'armoring'. Not mods and enhancements. Those are things that from an immersion and balance point of view that Armor and synth don't really need. To me it just makes sense. I see armoring as the armored plates you slip into the frame of body armor depending on your needs. Why can't my character, someone whose crew is trained in making armor, make the internal plates of armor?

I haven't used self made gear from synthweaving since i was lvl 12, im 44 now..

I really hope that synthweaving has some good armor in the end or else i'm gonna be mad :(

Also, i believe bioware said or the codex (i dont remember) that Synthweaving is best for force users. or something :confused: