Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR dying?

Conveit
02.27.2012 , 11:24 PM | #491
Quote: Originally Posted by longgrassgrows View Post
Already tried it awhile ago and it did help somewhat I did get up in fps a little but overall it didn't help. The fact that the community is the one coming up with the fixes and not BW is sad. BW should have been on top of this a like a ****** on a 2 dollar bill honestly.

I'll repeat it again:

FIX THE FPS ISSUE
AND THE GAME WOULD BE WORTH IT!

lytlbyt
02.27.2012 , 11:25 PM | #492
Quote: Originally Posted by dschlan View Post
I'm pretty sure that yes it's hyped but it actually deserves it. Eh, do what you will, just saying that it's an MMO that's actually different from WoW, has the qualities you talked about and has got insanely good reviews so far

We agree on something! I want something entirely fresh. Gamers do. The genre will die soon without it. I hope you are right btw. But I still promise you that there will still be huge complainers on these same points. It's just the state of the gamers. I hope they are a success.

dschlan
02.27.2012 , 11:27 PM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by lytlbyt View Post
We agree on something! I want something entirely fresh. Gamers do. The genre will die soon without it. I hope you are right btw. But I still promise you that there will still be huge complainers on these same points. It's just the state of the gamers. I hope they are a success.
Of course people will cry, but then they'll realize that 1. the game isn't about rushing to the end (although there will be a decent amount of end game) and 2. they can go back and get scaled down to do the fun stuff they missed in the crazy grind

Xippin
02.27.2012 , 11:42 PM | #494
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
Thank you captain obvious. We all know that basing a game's population on who uses xfire is an accurate data collection method......similar in nature to those who log on and collect data via /who in fleet. I'm sorry I didn't initially explain that line of thought for you.....
Actually, it is, not the /who in the fleet...but xfire.

To get a rough average you need a large sum of data. That data could range from 100 (very rough) to 1,000,000 (very accurate) as long as it isn't all collected from one geographic location.

Xfire is not restricted to a singular geographic location, ethnicity or financial class, and while it may not be 100% accurate, using the data obtained from xfire is valid. It's the same as polling 1000 people from 50 states breaking each state into 10 sections and polling 100 people from each of the 10 sections. His data doesn't include everyone, but it gives you a rather rough, but valid idea of what is happening to SWTOR.
Xippin - BH: Powertech; Shield Tech / Smuggler: Scoundrel; Scrapper

Noctournys
02.27.2012 , 11:43 PM | #495
Quote: Originally Posted by Conveit View Post
FIX THE FPS ISSUE
AND THE GAME WOULD BE WORTH IT!
You might notice the floods of framerate threads have....

stop flooding.

Because for most people where it was a software issue, it's been fixed for weeks.

Fix your machine.

Phenom or Phenom II? Problem is your machine

first-run Core i-series? Problem is your machine
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Also, 'cause im tired of talking about it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...222960&page=11

SirRobin
02.27.2012 , 11:58 PM | #496
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux
I will explain what SWTOR has at date FEB 27 2012,

1. Warzones

2. Open World PvP

3. Raiding

4. Guilds

5. Community

6. Fans

7. Content and Lore

8. Crafting

9. Space combat

10. A bright future
LOL

Thank you Caeliux, I needed a laugh and that induced some snickering.

Seriously though, we shouldn't compare TOR to the WoW we have today or what came out in 2004. TOR doesn't hold up very well against either. Nah... this line is too mean. Especially when you consider how much more time, talent, and treasure BioWare spent making it. Basically TOR is a more accessible version of WoW, itself a more accessible version of EQ, and in this case TOR may have actually been made too accessible.

Conveit
02.28.2012 , 12:02 AM | #497
Quote: Originally Posted by Noctournys View Post

stop flooding.

Because for most people where it was a software issue, it's been fixed for weeks.

Fix your machine.

Oh man you are so right how could I have not seen that:

i7, 8gb Ram, and Radeon HD 7970 3GB are the problem sorry my mistake.

Noctournys
02.28.2012 , 12:22 AM | #498

generic stat posting makes it better.

i have a hexacore i7 myself (@3.06 Ghz) and I had framerate problems till i updated my EFI bootloader.

The CPU was throttling because the motherboard chipset is set, by default, to throttle the CPU at a stupidly low voltage and heat load.

updated my EFI and i havent dropped below 60fps (with Vsync enabled) once, since, even on Illum. (and im not running a stupidly overpriced 7970, either - just a middle of the road 5870)

Posting random specs doesnt even tell 10% of the story of whats going on in your computer.

Try being a little less ignorant. Itll do wonders for your quality of life.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Also, 'cause im tired of talking about it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...222960&page=11

longgrassgrows
02.28.2012 , 12:49 AM | #499

my machine is not anywhere near that, but can run SWTOR like a dream...wonder what is causing the issue
My beats your

RobNightfall
02.28.2012 , 12:56 AM | #500
Quote: Originally Posted by Noctournys View Post

stop flooding.

Fix your machine.

Except that by their own specs and requirements the problem shouldn't be the machine, especially for hex-core phenom II's. That makes it BW's problem, not mine. Especially since I'm the one paying for the game and they're the ones who want my money. But hey, defend BW's f**kups until you're one of the few left playing if you want to. The game is in trouble, and they're running out of time to fix it before they end up losing money on it.
Edited because the devs appear to have fixed at least 80% of the crap that was pissing me off.