Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR dying?

LifeBeforeDeath
02.27.2012 , 08:15 PM | #401
Im on the same server and Ive noticed the same problem
-.. . .- - .... / .. ... / .-.. .. ..-. . ... / --- -. .-.. -.-- / -.-. ..- .-. . .-.-.-

dschlan
02.27.2012 , 08:19 PM | #402
Quote: Originally Posted by lytlbyt View Post
I love the game personally. However, I am not rushing to 50 and I am trying out all of the different play styles. I found out long ago that the leveling in an MMO is the most enjoyables aspect to me because "end game content" is not at all the place where you spend your most time. It "runs out" quickly. Why rush to the end? I never have figured that out.

But, this guy is correct. Due to the little patience of the "l33t" masses, BW better focus on some of the things they decided to delay very quickly. I LOVE THE GAME AND HOPE THEY CAN DO SOMETHING TO BRING BACK the impatient players as well. I want to see it succeed. I love where it's going right now.
Why rush to the end? Cause that's where the ONLY fun stuff is in the WoW archetype of MMOs. You're in the minority if you think the level grind is enjoyable. Any WoW style MMO has to have quality end game or it will tank. SWTOR's end game is far from quality, PvE or PvP. You love where it's going and yet you haven't experienced anything but leveling? Um...what? You've experienced what is meant to be the smallest, quickest part of an MMO. You have obviously not experienced the direction it's going.

lytlbyt
02.27.2012 , 08:20 PM | #403
Quote: Originally Posted by cschwartzy View Post
It boggles my mind that people don't play for fun. My server and ques are good, almost an instant warzone pop and I never have to wait more than a few minutes. To the above guy with 4 level 50s. This game has been out for what, 2 and a half months and you've leveled 4 50's? And you wonder why you have issues.

I don't see the game dying. I am still having fun along with my friends and people on my server.

Qft. Srsly

dschlan
02.27.2012 , 08:23 PM | #404
Quote: Originally Posted by cschwartzy View Post
It boggles my mind that people don't play for fun. My server and ques are good, almost an instant warzone pop and I never have to wait more than a few minutes. To the above guy with 4 level 50s. This game has been out for what, 2 and a half months and you've leveled 4 50's? And you wonder why you have issues.

I don't see the game dying. I am still having fun along with my friends and people on my server.
Why don't you see it dying? Because you're a casual player and you're only using your own server as "proof". As has been stated multiple times, simply saying "my carebear server is decent so the game is obviously ok" is not a logical argument.

Jigerix
02.27.2012 , 08:30 PM | #405
I love the game personally. However, I am not rushing to 50 and I am trying out all of the different play styles. I found out long ago that the leveling in an MMO is the most enjoyables aspect to me because "end game content" is not at all the place where you spend your most time. It "runs out" quickly. Why rush to the end? I never have figured that out.

But, this guy is correct. Due to the little patience of the "l33t" masses, BW better focus on some of the things they decided to delay very quickly. I LOVE THE GAME AND HOPE THEY CAN DO SOMETHING TO BRING BACK the impatient players as well. I want to see it succeed. I love where it's going right now.
i didnt really rush to the end, i leveld 2 characters to 50 via personal story line, heroic quests and PvP. I did heroics because they offered great loot, crapload of exp i was mostly levling up wiht a friend so it was easy to do 2mans, and we could usualy pick up 1-2 more for the 4mans.

Leveling wasnt too bad, like i said, i skipped grindy quets, heroics pvp and personal story line only. What ruined the game for me was Ilum post 1.1 (it was tolerable prior to 1.1), and the broken WZs that followed with ubergeared imp BMs facerolling to the point where i would win MAYBE 10% of my matches.

I did try pve, raided hard modes...felt JUST LIKE normal once all the dps had the right gear cause all of the fights come down to dps race. If you beat enrage you 99% win.

Anyways, my friends stopped loggin in, i was winning less and less WZs untill i couldnt complete my dailies or weeklies...at which point i tossed in the towel.

Why am i still here? cause i have sub untill april, i bought 3mo...oh well. I did not want this game to fail, i wanted it to be great...alas it is what it is. TORTANIC =/

lytlbyt
02.27.2012 , 08:31 PM | #406
Quote: Originally Posted by dschlan View Post
Why rush to the end? Cause that's where the ONLY fun stuff is in the WoW archetype of MMOs. You're in the minority if you think the level grind is enjoyable. Any WoW style MMO has to have quality end game or it will tank. SWTOR's end game is far from quality, PvE or PvP. You love where it's going and yet you haven't experienced anything but leveling? Um...what? You've experienced what is meant to be the smallest, quickest part of an MMO. You have obviously not experienced the direction it's going.
I will take your "smallest, quickest part of the game" comment in a few months or so. But not 2 months after launch.

But yet I am having a blast and playing many different chars and not complaining about "no end game" after 2.5 months of an MMO? Sure, may come later. But, ya see, it takes time to develop, test, and continue to create the next set of content. I see no need to rush toward it.

Again, just a different perspective and way of thinking. Most of these people blame the game and not their impatience or style of play. Yes, I see many of the things that are complained about. I just know that a lot of it comes from the "elitist gotta rush through content and then complain" people. Everyone is entitled to do it. I am just hoping the BW can do something quickly to keep some of them since MMOs have to have those people too.

Again, I play for the fun and taking in the storylines, not just rushing to get my purples and "first" to finish content. Fun first......

dschlan
02.27.2012 , 08:32 PM | #407
Quote: Originally Posted by Jigerix View Post
i didnt really rush to the end, i leveld 2 characters to 50 via personal story line, heroic quests and PvP. I did heroics because they offered great loot, crapload of exp i was mostly levling up wiht a friend so it was easy to do 2mans, and we could usualy pick up 1-2 more for the 4mans.

Leveling wasnt too bad, like i said, i skipped grindy quets, heroics pvp and personal story line only. What ruined the game for me was Ilum post 1.1 (it was tolerable prior to 1.1), and the broken WZs that followed with ubergeared imp BMs facerolling to the point where i would win MAYBE 10% of my matches.

I did try pve, raided hard modes...felt JUST LIKE normal once all the dps had the right gear cause all of the fights come down to dps race. If you beat enrage you 99% win.

Anyways, my friends stopped loggin in, i was winning less and less WZs untill i couldnt complete my dailies or weeklies...at which point i tossed in the towel.

Why am i still here? cause i have sub untill april, i bought 3mo...oh well. I did not want this game to fail, i wanted it to be great...alas it is what it is. TORTANIC =/
Nooooo not the 3 month sub mistake! Rule number 1 of WoW clones: don't sub for more than a month at a time lest it becomes a TORTANIC

dschlan
02.27.2012 , 08:35 PM | #408
I will take your "smallest, quickest part of the game" comment in a few months or so. But not 2 months after launch.

But yet I am having a blast and playing many different chars and not complaining about "no end game" after 2.5 months of an MMO? Sure, may come later. But, ya see, it takes time to develop, test, and continue to create the next set of content. I see no need to rush toward it.

Again, just a different perspective and way of thinking. Most of these people blame the game and not their impatience or style of play. Yes, I see many of the things that are complained about. I just know that a lot of it comes from the "elitist gotta rush through content and then complain" people. Everyone is entitled to do it. I am just hoping the BW can do something quickly to keep some of them since MMOs have to have those people too.

Again, I play for the fun and taking in the storylines, not just rushing to get my purples and "first" to finish content. Fun first......
If you like grinding 200 quests over and over just to get 2 minute cutscenes, that's your deal. It's a basic rule of WoW Clone MMOs that if the end game is bad, the game tanks. Sorry if you don't feel that way but it's basic MMO principle. There's nothing "elitist" about it. You should look that term up. People rush to end game because in the WoW archetype it's the most fun part of the game. Again, you're in the MINORITY. 2.5 months is an extremely long time leveling for all but the most casual of players.

lytlbyt
02.27.2012 , 08:37 PM | #409
Quote: Originally Posted by Jigerix View Post

Yes that ilum issue sucked. I hear you. Just don't get how 1 day's activity that helps other people will dictate my fun. I too play with my friends. If they stop playing, probably make me stop too. That's what I am saying I want BW to at least address a couple of the big things they decided to delay and address. I am not saying at all that there isn't issues. I am just saying that I am giving them time to address them. Hopefully, giving them some time here, they will do something to appease the impatient masses quickly.

dschlan
02.27.2012 , 08:38 PM | #410
Yes that ilum issue sucked. I hear you. Just don't get how 1 day's activity that helps other people will dictate my fun. I too play with my friends. If they stop playing, probably make me stop too. That's what I am saying I want BW to at least address a couple of the big things they decided to delay and address. I am not saying at all that there isn't issues. I am just saying that I am giving them time to address them. Hopefully, giving them some time here, they will do something to appease the impatient masses quickly.
Thus far Bioware has shown no competence whatsoever in fixing major issues. Why should I wait when most of the stuff they "fixed" is still broken?