Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR dying?

lytlbyt
02.27.2012 , 11:13 PM | #481
Quote: Originally Posted by Conveit View Post
The fps issue should have been fixed already the fact that it hasn't is a clear sign that they don't care. They try gimmicky ways to make it seem like they are working on it but they are failing. My main issue is the fact that I have a better then average computer I can play every other game on high setting and they all run smoothly, but this game I have to run everything on low if I wanna play in Ilum, Wz, or go into a cave.

Sorry but the fact that they used a bad engine shows that it was flawed from the start. I really don't see how this problem made it past the alpha stage of testing seriously. Also, the fact that it isn't fixed yet make me wonder if they ever are going to fix it.

The fps issue is really the only main complaint I have I would much rather play this MMO then WoW or any other one. I love the lore, I love playing with a lightsaber, what I don't like it the fact that I can go from 60 fps to 2 fps by just going into a cave, or because I'm fighting in a WZ.

Fix the FPS ISSUE and this game would be worth it

Very good point

longgrassgrows
02.27.2012 , 11:15 PM | #482
Quote: Originally Posted by LordNimvaruss View Post
So let me try and understand what your saying. Your saying that for 6yr of develpoment that 3 ****y WZs illum which is a joke and 2 Raids are acceptable endgame content??

You sir must not have played many MMOs or atleaast not any good ones.
i am saying that, yes, this game has acceptable end game content...or at least as much as i expected it to have

you sir, have no idea what it take to make a game on this scale and i suggest you keep quite because of that
My beats your

dschlan
02.27.2012 , 11:15 PM | #483
The fps issue should have been fixed already the fact that it hasn't is a clear sign that they don't care. They try gimmicky ways to make it seem like they are working on it but they are failing. My main issue is the fact that I have a better then average computer I can play every other game on high setting and they all run smoothly, but this game I have to run everything on low if I wanna play in Ilum, Wz, or go into a cave.

Sorry but the fact that they used a bad engine shows that it was flawed from the start. I really don't see how this problem made it past the alpha stage of testing seriously. Also, the fact that it isn't fixed yet make me wonder if they ever are going to fix it.

The fps issue is really the only main complaint I have I would much rather play this MMO then WoW or any other one. I love the lore, I love playing with a lightsaber, what I don't like it the fact that I can go from 60 fps to 2 fps by just going into a cave, or because I'm fighting in a WZ.

I heard they're fixing it in Ilum by not having some of the guns shoot...cause, you know, THAT'S the real problem

dschlan
02.27.2012 , 11:17 PM | #484
Quote: Originally Posted by longgrassgrows View Post
i am saying that, yes, this game has acceptable end game content...or at least as much as i expected it to have

you sir, have no idea what it take to make a game on this scale and i suggest you keep quite because of that
The end game isn't about quantity, it's about quality. The raids are a joke. You can do Nightmare 8 man in less than 2 hours (both KP and EV) without having anyone in your raid use anything in their chest slot. The PvP end game is 3 WZs and Ilum...yeah, definitely quality endgame...

longgrassgrows
02.27.2012 , 11:18 PM | #485

Try this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Z9OG8-R58Yw
hope it helps
My beats your

lytlbyt
02.27.2012 , 11:18 PM | #486
Quote: Originally Posted by dschlan View Post
All that stuff that you said an MMO should have can be found here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

Pretty sure that this one right now is the definition of HYPE. I will try it, yes. However, I rather see SWTOR continue because I am loving it right now. I am tired of fantasy MMOs. I will believe the "new game style MMO" on this one when I experience it. I will tell you this RIGHT NOW though. I promise you these same complainers will show up complaining about running out of content way too early because their impatience will drive them to get to the end quickly.

iLLaDeLpHLife
02.27.2012 , 11:18 PM | #487
Quote: Originally Posted by cschwartzy View Post
It boggles my mind that people don't play for fun. My server and ques are good, almost an instant warzone pop and I never have to wait more than a few minutes. To the above guy with 4 level 50s. This game has been out for what, 2 and a half months and you've leveled 4 50's? And you wonder why you have issues.

I don't see the game dying. I am still having fun along with my friends and people on my server.
this.. and yet he will tell others they have the issues

these kids needs lives

the game is fine

dschlan
02.27.2012 , 11:21 PM | #488
Quote: Originally Posted by lytlbyt View Post
Pretty sure that this one right now is the definition of HYPE. I will try it, yes. However, I rather see SWTOR continue because I am loving it right now. I am tired of fantasy MMOs. I will believe the "new game style MMO" on this one when I experience it. I will tell you this RIGHT NOW though. I promise you these same complainers will show up complaining about running out of content way too early because their impatience will drive them to get to the end quickly.
I'm pretty sure that yes it's hyped but it actually deserves it. Eh, do what you will, just saying that it's an MMO that's actually different from WoW, has the qualities you talked about and has got insanely good reviews so far

dschlan
02.27.2012 , 11:22 PM | #489
Quote: Originally Posted by iLLaDeLpHLife View Post
this.. and yet he will tell others they have the issues

these kids needs lives

the game is fine
The game is far from fine. We've been over this. Take your illogical ad hominems somewhere else please.

Weaselis
02.27.2012 , 11:22 PM | #490
i look at it like this people hit their lvl 50 and probably end game so they stopped playing till new content. my friends on wow did the same.hit end game and quit because they didnt do pvp
It's Good To Be ...Me