Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR dying?

EternalFinality
02.27.2012 , 01:15 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by radbass View Post
if you expected them to be able to constantly provide fully voiced updates, then how come you can read? it makes no sense.

God we're still in 1.1. either stop ************ and make an alt, or ****. either way... noone wants to hear you *****.
You're starting to sound angry. Perhaps the truth hurts a bit too much. "I know there's no point, and future content will be of lower quality, but stop telling other people about it!"

Maestrodomus
02.27.2012 , 01:16 PM | #242
Canderous Ordo has never been busier. There are usually two instances of the fleet every night.

Last night there was a que to get on the server for over an hour.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]

radbass
02.27.2012 , 01:17 PM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by Ultratron View Post

PS. I'm curious what you would suggest someone like myself do, who has finished the story of all 4 main classes on my chosen faction. Would you honestly suggest I start rolling characters on the opposite faction to continue to enjoy this game? And if so, do you honestly still think that Bioware/EA delivered a good MMO and not just a fun single player game with a chatbox?
there is nothing in the definition of MMO that says there should be endless end game immediately at launch. or EVER, for that matter. and yeah. reroll the other faction. and it is NOT the same as replaying Rage because every storyline is different and independant. ****, if you swap factions youll even be doing 90% different quests. so yeah. that's a good idea to keep urself entertained until the next big patch

This game is saving me money. the size and variety of this game has kept me from my (and likely a lot of other peoples) habits of needing a new game every other week. i spent 15$ on video games this month instead of 120. im happy about that.

EternalFinality
02.27.2012 , 01:18 PM | #244
iv actually seen much more data that attests to the fact that leveling in TOR takes longer. things is, people just dont notice, and SPEND MORE TIME LEVELING because it's more fun than it was in WoW. thats why people are hitting 50 so fast. because its not a suicide-inducing grindfest.
Completely wrong. The leveling speed of TOR is shockingly linear. I leveled just as fast from 30-40 as from 40-50. This was not the case in WoW at ALL.

SirRobin
02.27.2012 , 01:18 PM | #245
iv actually seen much more data that attests to the fact that leveling in TOR takes longer. things is, people just dont notice, and SPEND MORE TIME LEVELING because it's more fun than it was in WoW. thats why people are hitting 50 so fast. because its not a suicide-inducing grindfest.
lol...

Okay, now that is funny.

Sorry, but I spent a lot more time gaming when WoW first came out. I don't have anywhere near as much time to game as I used too. It still took months for me to cap in WoW.

AngryBuddhist
02.27.2012 , 01:18 PM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldrenath View Post
This confuses me. So many hardcore gamers talk about EQ like the legendary lost holy grail of MMOs. Isn't it still online? If it's so great, why don't these people play it? Or has it changed so much that it's no longer like it was?

I'm not trying to flame or troll, I just wonder. I see posts about the greatness of EQ all the time and how they'd love to see another MMO like EQ, but EQ is still going and can still be played.
The graphics in EQ will make your eyes bleed.

radbass
02.27.2012 , 01:19 PM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
From what I recall didn't Aion hold up pretty well?
not at all. Aion was a god-awful grindfest. tons of people quit and never came back.

EternalFinality
02.27.2012 , 01:20 PM | #248
This game is saving me money. the size and variety of this game has kept me from my (and likely a lot of other peoples) habits of needing a new game every other week. i spent 15$ on video games this month instead of 120. im happy about that.
This game prevents me from playing other games.

Like Kingdoms of Amalur. Talk about value.

Phuzz
02.27.2012 , 01:20 PM | #249
Quote:
My server (Tott Doneeta) is 100% Dead... There is about 3 hours Mon-Friday where you get Que pops and it is almost all Huttball cause never enough Repubs.
How about grabbing your buddies and/or guild and rerolling republic? Ta DA! Problem solved!

Oh no, wait - then you wouldnt be able to post drivel about something YOU are part responsible for and could help fix.

Erasimus
02.27.2012 , 01:21 PM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldrenath View Post
This confuses me. So many hardcore gamers talk about EQ like the legendary lost holy grail of MMOs. Isn't it still online? If it's so great, why don't these people play it? Or has it changed so much that it's no longer like it was?

I'm not trying to flame or troll, I just wonder. I see posts about the greatness of EQ all the time and how they'd love to see another MMO like EQ, but EQ is still going and can still be played.
Gamer psychology would be an interesting study. From my observations it goes something like this:

I was bored with the game I just left although it was good in its time, but this game sucks. But that game I played a few years back (ignoring the fact that the game still exists and is playable) was really really great, I wish there was another game like it. Oh, and the next game they are advertising, wow it is the holy grail of MMOs I can't wait for it to come out.

"Give light and the darkness will disappear of itself."