HELP! Launcher issues, Uninstall did not fix!

Ultimatummark

I launched swtor today and noticed the play button would not light up and in the bottom left corner it kept saying "initializing" after waiting about an hour with no change I took to the internet to find solutions.. i went into the launcher settings (as per a guide) and changed the bitraider settings to true. I went back and launched the game only this time It was telling me I had a networking error. Giving up I reinstalled the game. I have now been sitting at the fresh launcher for re-install for an hour and a bit and it has not stopped saying "initializing downloading" please tell me I did not mess this up beyond repair.. If anyone knows how I can get this working please please give me any advice or info you can!

I launched swtor today and noticed the play button would not light up and in the bottom left corner it kept saying "initializing" after waiting about an hour with no change I took to the internet to find solutions.. i went into the launcher settings (as per a guide) and changed the bitraider settings to true. I went back and launched the game only this time It was telling me I had a networking error. Giving up I reinstalled the game. I have now been sitting at the fresh launcher for re-install for an hour and a bit and it has not stopped saying "initializing downloading" please tell me I did not mess this up beyond repair.. If anyone knows how I can get this working please please give me any advice or info you can!

Here's what works for me. Open your Task Manager. Under the Processes tab, click Name to order the list by Apps and Background Processes. Scroll down to the Background Processes and look for ANYTHING that has to do with bitraider. When my launcher won't initialize, I usually find THREE bitraider processes. Be sure to close your launcher FIRST, then End Task on ALL the bitraider processes, one at a time.

Then start your launcher again, as normal. This now works for me EVERY time. So good luck!

When I go to my processes (after closing the launcher) all the bitraider stuff dissapears, its only when the launcher is active that I see it.. And if i wanted to delete it, would I just go to my control panel and uninstall bitraider?

Like I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, and all I did was sighn in. It hasn't run a patch or anything, or even started to do the minimum download, 3 hours in... There is deffinatly a problem, and uninstalling is not helping.. I just think I might have done something to mess this up for good.... :(

Edited by Ultimatummark

if it is similar to this https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/game-update-5-10-3a/td-p/7976786/jump-to/first-unread-message

recommend waiting likely a local issue that will self resolve

just in case if using biraider just check https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/GUIDE-Launcher-Stuck-at-0-or-100-Complete/td-p/5282877/jump-to/first-unread-message as well

Edited by OwenBrooks

When I go to my processes (after closing the launcher) all the bitraider stuff dissapears, its only when the launcher is active that I see it.. And if i wanted to delete it, would I just go to my control panel and uninstall bitraider?

Like I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, and all I did was sighn in. It hasn't run a patch or anything, or even started to do the minimum download, 3 hours in... There is deffinatly a problem, and uninstalling is not helping.. I just think I might have done something to mess this up for good.... :(

The problem with uninstalling and reinstalling, is that you reinstal bitraider too. What i've done (worked for me, might not for others), I left the launcher open, closed all the bitraider processes first, then shut the launcher, then removed bit raider, using the program files option in the control panel (or whatever it is in the different versions of windows, add/remove, etc.) The shut down the computer for a couple of mins, then restarted the client..

Edited by DarkTergon

Your reinstall could have screwed it up. If that wasn't the problem, however, my solution works and is better than uninstalling bitraider at the control panel... in Task Manager, you're just terminating the processes (including whatever that third one is that seems to muck up the Launcher).

The problem with uninstalling and reinstalling, is that you reinstal bitraider too. What i've done (worked for me, might not for others), I left the launcher open, closed all the bitraider processes first, then shut the launcher, then removed bit raider, using the program files option in the control panel (or whatever it is in the different versions of windows, add/remove, etc.) The shut down the computer for a couple of mins, then restarted the client..

Try NOT uninstallng bitraider in control panel... you shouldn't even need to restart the computer. Just end task the processes, start launcher again, and it should be fine.

ive been having the same problem!! im glad im not the only one, maybe it is a local thing hopefully, so its just a waiting game unfortunately