Pve healing as a merc worth it?

Shadowseve

So I was running hammer station on my merc when the healer disconnected. We were in the middle of a boss fight, so I put on combat support cylinder and proceed to unload on the tank. Now I am arsenal so it was challanging to keep everyone alive but it was a heck of a lot of fun. So I may try to run as a healer. Are mercs any good compared to operatives and sorcerers?

I have a 50 sage healer, a 50 sorc healer, a 30 operative healer, and a 30 merc healer. I thoroughly enjoy healing ops on my sage and sorc. I do enjoy FP's on my merc not sure about end game yet though as I have found no merc or trooper healers that can handle tfb or EC on hm yet. I know they are out there but not in my guild and the couple that we have pugged into the hard stuff were horrible. Granted the guys that get pug into stuff usually don't have the experience of someone on a actual raid team.

So overall I enjoy he merc healer way more than the op but I am unsold as of this moment on the end game stuff.

I dinged 50 on my merc last night, bought 2 war hero power relics, transfered my black hole gear from my powertech to my merc - so i need my belt / bracers, implants, ear, barrels and better mods / enhancments...

I did that, and went and healed TFB SM about 20 minutes after I dinged...and it was fine! I had only around 780 tech power, but when my heals crit they went into the 5k range.

I have healed everything on my sorc healer which was my main for the longest time, and i plan on gearing this merc up to hazmat / 63's...just bored of sorc healing. Next is to level my operative healer

End game is very do-able with a merc healer. The single heals are where we accell. The armor buff and kolto residue are an asset to both healers. I am typically paired with a sorc healer during my raids and we complement each other very well. Sorc can hit the AOE heals with my kolto residue thrown on top. I can buff the tanks and have excellent burst heals when things get sketchy. The heat management takes some getting used to, but it can be done.

You also have the benefit of being a decent PVP healer.

Merc healing is very capable in end-game. I find it more beneficial to run with a Sorc as the second healer, though running with an Op healer as the second is do-able as well. Sorc just makes things a little easier combined with a Merc healer.