LF Laptop advice.

Tharg

Hello I am just looking for some advice concerning a new laptop clearly I wish to play SWTOR on, But I am unsure what’s a better Graphics card.

Of the 3 possible laptops I’m considering picking up which would be best for this game.

NVIDIA Geforce GT 520m.

AMD Radeon HD 7470m.

Or Radeon HD 6490m.

I any and if at all could they run the game at a good spec.

Thanks for the assist.

As far as I can tell from a quick Google, those cards are all pretty similar, with maybe the 7470 edging the other two out, although I would have thought the 6490 would have been fastest...

Regardless, the are all entry level cards, designed for nothing more than basic home/office/media use and not gaming. Looking at other forums it seems people have played the game on these cards, but not with good results.

I'd say you'd be looking at low settings at a sub-par resolution (1024x768 - 1200x720) with a hopefully playable framerate. Not sure how they would handle warzones though.

I recommend you definitely do not get on of these if it is to be your main gaming computer. Either spend the same amount on a more powerful desktop or spend slightly more on a laptop with better gfx processor.

If you link to the 3 computers I will see if I can find you better ones for the same price range.