Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if the few hundred voices of the remaining subs suddenly cried out in terror and went Mooooooooo. I fear something terrible has happened."

Warned all of you months ago this was incoming.

Soon™ you will be paying for those new Quests, Fp's and Ops with your CC and the apologist's will continue to defend ever single decision.

But we will be getting new titles for free with our subs:

"The Fleeced"

"The Hosed"

"The Gullible"

And for those who bought the DD or CE:

" The Jersey"

"The Holstein"

"The Shetland"

"The Southdown"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please just tell me that if the ability to alter our looks has to come through the CM that it will be a straight purchase not a rare item lumped in one of the lottery packs. Or needing so many packs bought to earn rep to be able to use it.

You don't have to pay extra for stuff you don't use in other games, it's included in their expansions. :rolleyes: So you're saying WoW charges me for the expansion and extra for playing a panda? LMFAO.

I paid $10 for the expansion. Other game expansions charge $40-$60... I'm obviously paying more. Yet you're sure none of that surplus is for new races? Because one of the selling points in those expansions is "Play as this new race". So, if it's selling point, it must be part of the cost.

Edited by Lostpenguins

LOTRO and WoW DON'T charge you, it's in-game currency which it should be.

Wow charges you if you want a *complete* recustomization (anything other than hair). It's $15.

The barber shop gives you choices of a few hairstyle changes and earring changes for the few races/gender combos that allow it.

Edited by chuixupu

Please can I be ripped off more, I love it!

I don't know why you are complaining about having to pay for game features two, three, four times; you are just greedy, self-absorbed, simpering sycophants.

Poor EAware is in desperate need of more money so stop whining and pay them, anyone would think we are in the depths of a global recession!

Cartel Market is great value for money and enticing people to gamble is good because Star Wars said so.

Barber shop available only via cartel market? I hope that's just a poorly/quickly formed post that failed to deviate the species change from regular body changes like hair or eye color.

If its not the case, lets take a look at some other MMORPG's:

1. The largely hated WoW: Only race change costs money, rest is bought used in game currency.

2. Rift: I'm unaware if race change is available, but last year when I was playing a barbershop was available to change body features using in currency.

3. Lord of the rings online: No race change, but hair and facial features changeable via in game currency.

I really hope that I misread the statement about how they are going to implement the barbershop feature and this is just being blown out of per portion.

1. The largely hated WoW: Only race change costs money, rest is bought used in game currency.

Obviously you haven't actually played WoW...as I just said in the last post, everything change *except* hair style and color change costs real money. Race change, gender change, faction change, skin color change, face change in most cases (some races have an extra button like horn/jewelry change that you can use in the barber shop). Poor blood elves all pretty much look identical except for hair, anyway. :rolleyes:

Edited by chuixupu

Barber shop available only via cartel market? I hope that's just a poorly/quickly formed post that failed to deviate the species change from regular body changes like hair or eye color.

If its not the case, lets take a look at some other MMORPG's:

2. Rift: I'm unaware if race change is available, but last year when I was playing a barbershop was available to change body features using in currency.

3. Lord of the rings online: No race change, but hair and facial features changeable via in game currency.

I really hope that I misread the statement about how they are going to implement the barbershop feature and this is just being blown out of per portion.

Star Trek and Champions Online also let you change gear and features for free for the first time and then in-game money after that. You can buy costume packs from their stores.

The barber shop gives you choices of a few hairstyle changes and earring changes for the few races/gender combos that allow it.

Which is what we don't get for in-game currency in SWTOR but have to pay for through the CM. And it sucks.

Edited by Lent_San

Obviously you haven't actually paid WoW...as I just said in the last post, everything change *except* hair style and color change costs real money. Race change, gender change, faction change, skin color change, face change in most cases (some races have an extra button like horn/jewelry change that you can use in the barber shop). Poor blood elves all pretty much look identical except for hair, anyway. :rolleyes:

But if you just want to change your hair style i don't think this should be charged for. Les hope there are some things free other wise this will end up like the reputation issue.

Obviously you haven't actually played WoW...as I just said in the last post, everything change *except* hair style and color change costs real money.

That's what a barbershop does. Every sub game I've ever played, even ones with cash shop, gave this option for ingame currency, to name a few:

WoW

Rift

Lotro

EQ2

I'm all for the CM and I even agree with charging for the races, but for the barbershop? No, not at all. That's a standard feature.

Edited by Vember

Which is what we don't get for in-game currency in SWTOR but have to pay for through the CM. And it sucks.

Without actually seeing how it's set up, I'm not going to complain about it yet. If I can buy the unlock for 15k credits whenever, or even if it's just 15 cc's, then it's fine. If I had to pay a one time larger fee and it was accessible forever, also fine. If any time I wanted to get a hair cut it cost me 300 CCs, then not fine.

But if you just want to change your hair style i don't think this should be charged for. Les hope there are some things free other wise this will end up like the reputation issue.

I hope something as simple as a hair change would be bare minimum effort at the very least. They should be considering carefully how to balance it. I've expected this to be cartel market thing since the game went F2P. But so far they've not always been really smart about how they implement things.

Edited by chuixupu

Like the title says I'm a little disappointed about the new sort-of "ingame barber shop". There are several reasons why but first I'm going to put the quote from the "State of the Game #3" here.

While I first read it I was like "Great! That is awesome!" But then I took a closer look. "...using Cartel Coins." To me this seems like too much. But first lets talk about the species change. To me that shouldn't happen because it isn't "realistic" but I found that it could be ok. The other things like hair, body, and eye color was all fine. But why with CC? This game is turning into "Your a sub but you have to pay MORE real money for basic features like a barber shop!" I could understand the species thing being in the CM, but ALL of the barber shop?! That is going too far. What next? Having to pay money for certain class abilities in the CM? :rolleyes: Whether you think so or not barber shops ARE basic features. Personally I think they should've been ingame since launch. But why do we, the players, have to pay MORE money to you for a basic feature?

I think that they should change this before they release it. BW should either take out species changing or leave it in the CM... BUT make the rest of the "Barber Shop" not cost CC. Make it ingame currency. If they don't I'm not sure how much more I can take. :mad:

So... what are you doing with all your free coins from your months of subscription?

Personally, I am saving them....just for things like this. ;)

Protip: save for the future. It works well in real life, and it works well in virtual games.

How do race changes affect race bonuses at Level 50?

Example: Say I'm a Level 50 Human that pays to race change to a Cyborg, do I get to unlock all the extra cybernetics for that character and for all of my future characters? Will that get rid of my +presence legacy perk? Will that cause all my characters on my legacy to lose their +presence legacy bonus?

Just a thought.

But you have to pay real money to get them either by a sub or payment for a pack. In-game credits are free from selling junk /mission rewards

Actually, no. I am going to pay my sub to play this MMO regardless of the CM. Why? Because I enjoy the game a lot.

So actually... for me... the free cartel coins each month are better then in game credits because I don't have to expend any incremental effort to obtain them. ;)

Edited by Andryah

But you have to pay real money to get them either by a sub or payment for a pack. In-game credits are free from selling junk /mission rewards

Hmmm...really because when I first started playing this game for $15 it didn't include 600 free CC's?!?

You still pay $15 a month for your credits too.

While I support paying money for all the new CM stuff this seems to be a step to far. Really? Real life money for a barber shop :rolleyes:

I already pay a subscription and this is a very basic function that people wanted from day 1, having me to pay again is dumb :rolleyes: