Imperial Trooper Armor for Cartel Coins

Demonsgate

The one item I would very much like to see put into the Cartel Market is the Imperial Trooper armor the NPCs wear on Imperial Occupied planets. I know the armor is already in game and is only available to those that have purchased the Collector's Edition of SWTOR, but I know a lot of players out there would love to be able to get their hands on the Imperial Trooper armor.

For those that confuse the Imperial Troopers of SWTOR with the Stormtroopers of the original Star Wars franchise I supply a picture of the SWTOR Imperial Troopers.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ckUUujOnVrA/Tf6_nZPitnI/AAAAAAAAEZI/XmBN4eXci-E/s1600/img-ab_imperial_trooper.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already available as adaptive armour up in the VIP lounge.

Only for Empire faction players. Pubes get some cheesey officer uniform. Putting it on the cartel market opens it up to everyone.

To my personal feelings on this, I don't really think I want this to happen as one who bought the CE box (yes, with the swanky statue). I'd rather see the VIP adaptive armors go legacy bound so that I could still use them on my opposing faction characters.

The current state of the CE and VIP vendors are already a slap in the face to the people that bought access to them. Putting them up for sale to everyone sort of cheapens it even more.

Now if they were to roll out some new gear for these vendors while putting the old stuff on the cartel market, I could probably go for that (that's a hint, BioWare. Make it happen!).

Let bioware reevaluate and make the decision if they will keep it a CE item or not, this thread is just to put the suggestion out there for those that couldn't afford the CE and want the armor, or couldn't get their hands on a copy of the CE. All this post is for is to give Bioware a glimpse into the wants of the players regarding certain items. And at this point a CE only item set is irrelevant since SWTOR has gone F2P.

Let bioware reevaluate and make the decision if they will keep it a CE item or not, this thread is just to put the suggestion out there for those that couldn't afford the CE and want the armor, or couldn't get their hands on a copy of the CE. All this post is for is to give Bioware a glimpse into the wants of the players regarding certain items. And at this point a CE only item set is irrelevant since SWTOR has gone F2P.

I'm not sure this is entirely correct as you can still get most of the digital items found in the CE box for 5 bucks now. I couldn't find details to tell me if that also gives you access to the CE vendor on fleet, but if so, it might as well be considered already a part of the cartel store (as I found it in the Store tab on their website). Does anyone know if this is the case?

It does not give you access to the CE vendor, sadly. Otherwise I would not have to make this thread asking for the Imperial Trooper armor to be made available to everyone.

Ah.

Well that is quite the bummer I guess, but it really doesn't matter all that much. Perhaps if you were able to change the colors on it, it would be. But having the same black armor as ever imperial trooper npc in the game is kinda "meh" in my book. Maybe it's simply a case of the haves vs the have nots.

What I can say is, regardless of your, my, or anyone else's opinion, the VIP vendor gear will most likely make it to the cartel market in some way, shape or form. It's simply a matter of time and patience.

Only for Empire faction players. Pubes get some cheesey officer uniform. Putting it on the cartel market opens it up to everyone.

To my personal feelings on this, I don't really think I want this to happen as one who bought the CE box (yes, with the swanky statue). I'd rather see the VIP adaptive armors go legacy bound so that I could still use them on my opposing faction characters.

The current state of the CE and VIP vendors are already a slap in the face to the people that bought access to them. Putting them up for sale to everyone sort of cheapens it even more.

Now if they were to roll out some new gear for these vendors while putting the old stuff on the cartel market, I could probably go for that (that's a hint, BioWare. Make it happen!).

Which is why it won't / should never.

CE armor set for a reason....

I'm a CE owner and I'd like to see the Imperial trooper armour made available to everyone as well. As a roleplayer, I'd like to see Imperial military guilds pop up wearing proper armour, and with the restriction that isn't possible. Replace the CE armour with a red version of the armour and place the black one into the Cartel Market. That way, the CE owners still have an armour set that is unique while allowing everone to benefit from the awesome look of it. :D

I'm a CE owner and I'd like to see the Imperial trooper armour made available to everyone as well. As a roleplayer, I'd like to see Imperial military guilds pop up wearing proper armour, and with the restriction that isn't possible. Replace the CE armour with a red version of the armour and place the black one into the Cartel Market. That way, the CE owners still have an armour set that is unique while allowing everone to benefit from the awesome look of it. :D

I'd sh*t kittens if they removed (more) things from the CE vendor. Leave the existing armor there, add new stuff to the vendor, make old stuff available in the cartel store. That's my only compromise on this issue.

Edited by althene

Giving the CE owners a red version would be cool. So let's switch over to all the colors of the Imperial Trooper armor currently in game. Red, Black, Black & Red, and White that I've seen so far. I'd actually prefer to give the CE owners the Black & Red combo over the solid red, as a roleplayer myself I can think of a few Sith guilds that have an Imperial Agent rank as guards and for those guilds the Red armor might be best. Black is the standard color for aproximently 75% of the Troopers in the Empire, there's possibly aproximently 10% around in white Trooper armor, and aproximently 15% in Red Trooper armor. Few NPCs show up in the Black & Red combo colored armor thus leaving a unique look to it while others benefit from the look on various other colors as well.

The one item I would very much like to see put into the Cartel Market is the Imperial Trooper armor the NPCs wear on Imperial Occupied planets. I know the armor is already in game and is only available to those that have purchased the Collector's Edition of SWTOR, but I know a lot of players out there would love to be able to get their hands on the Imperial Trooper armor.

That stuff is stayin' exclusive man.

I'm a CE owner, and would like that armor to be available to everyone as well. Lower the price on CE vendor to 1 credit each piece, and put set on Cartel Market for 1200 coins. Add new versions like the red/black to both the CE vendor and Cartel Market as well.

While we're at it, add a republic trooper equivalent and imperial officer equivalent to both the CE vendors and cartel market, same prices as above.

I'm a CE owner, and would like that armor to be available to everyone as well. Lower the price on CE vendor to 1 credit each piece, and put set on Cartel Market for 1200 coins. Add new versions like the red/black to both the CE vendor and Cartel Market as well.

While we're at it, add a republic trooper equivalent and imperial officer equivalent to both the CE vendors and cartel market, same prices as above.

I applaud you, you are a god among men. At the start it being a CE only item was a good idea, but let's be serious, a lot of players (currently on F2P) can't voice their want of it since they are restricted from doing so. So I will voice it for them. There are 4 color variations of the Imperial Trooper armor, add the other 3 let people pick and choose which color they want to wear.

In an RP guild let the Officers wear Black & Red, while those directly under sith command wear Red, and the rest wear Black or white depending on their assigned planet or attunement. As for the Imperial Officer Uniforms, there's a crafted set for it (mostly, I haven't found gloves or bracers to go with it), but the Imperial Officer uniform pieces are called Hooligan's. They are medium armor only.

I'd sh*t kittens if they removed (more) things from the CE vendor. Leave the existing armor there, add new stuff to the vendor, make old stuff available in the cartel store. That's my only compromise on this issue.

That's a compromise I like, and discussed a while back.

Temporarily make new Cartel equipment available through the CE vendor a couple of weeks before it goes up on the market, and then remove it from the vendor once it's available as a CC purchase.

That's both a small reward for the fans who actually paid the obscene cost of the CE, and a way for BioWare to advertise Cartel equipment by giving a limited number of players the chance to show it off to everyone else.

EDIT: This suggestion might needs its own thread, maybe?

Edited by JediMB

If this were to happen, then i would expect that the CE vendor SHOULD get another set of unique adaptive gear for the Imps, otherwise their promised 'unique' armour wouldn't be very unique anymore.

Only problem i have with this... Imperial armor should be for Imperials only. I don't want to be running around the Republic fleet seeing people dressed up as imperial soldiers, because it wouldn't happen.

If this were to happen, then i would expect that the CE vendor SHOULD get another set of unique adaptive gear for the Imps, otherwise their promised 'unique' armour wouldn't be very unique anymore.

Only problem i have with this... Imperial armor should be for Imperials only. I don't want to be running around the Republic fleet seeing people dressed up as imperial soldiers, because it wouldn't happen.

From a strictly RP standpoint, I'd have to agree with you, but these games are all about, "I wanna kill that guy over there so I can wear his hat.". Simply put, you kill a dude, you get to wear his sh*t. It can be RP'd that way on republic and imperial factions (i.e. bounty hunters in imperial trooper gear).

But really, I'm all about compromise here. I'd say imperial officer sh*tty uniform for Empire players, and Republic trooper armor for Republic players. That way each faction has one crap set and one relatively cool set to choose from. No need for legacy binds at that point. To the point of having multiple colors, I'd have to say leave that for the "armor dye" patch. It's just easier that way.

A new armor has recently hit the cartel market that reminds me of the imperial pilots from the old star wars movies, this leads me to believe that sometime soon we might have the imperial trooper armor or something similar to it in the cartel market.

A new armor has recently hit the cartel market that reminds me of the imperial pilots from the old star wars movies, this leads me to believe that sometime soon we might have the imperial trooper armor or something similar to it in the cartel market.

Imperial and republic pilot armor is already available from their respective fleet vendors. Not sure what the level and social requirements are, however.

I don't own the CE, but i think CE stuff should stay CE stuff.

Don't own the CE either yet couldn't agree more.

If the Imperial Trooper armor set was available to me I'd for sure put it on a toon of mine or at the very least a companion because the set is truly so nice. However, and more importantly, it'a a matter of integrity and principal that the DEVS maintain and protect the sanctity of the CE.

Besides, I wouldn't want to see the scads of frenzied posts that would inevitably pop as the CE players began circling the wagons again.

Edited by Belacose

Don't own the CE either yet couldn't agree more.

If the Imperial Trooper armor set was available to me I'd for sure put it on a toon of mine or at the very least a companion because the set is truly so nice. However, and more importantly, it'a a matter of integrity and principal that the DEVS maintain and protect the sanctity of the CE.

Besides, I wouldn't want to see the scads of frenzied posts that would inevitably pop as the CE players began circling the wagons again.

I did say it didn't have to be the one in the CE vendor as there's several versions of it., like the red, white, and Black & Red that I've also seen in game, any one of these could be implemented on a vendor within the fleet for the imperials or put in the Cartel Market.