BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

sorry, i should have said Marksman Sniper.

if you need further evidence, read the patch notes.

Ok you're referring to a "spec", not the class.

Lastly, I have no desire to sift through countless patch notes in search of the one thing you're referring to, so link?

Thanks.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok you're referring to a "spec", not the class.

Lastly, I have no desire to sift through countless patch notes in search of the one thing you're referring to, so link?

Thanks.

i have no desire to justify, or provide any further evidence.

i've had a sniper since launch, it's been imporved since.

i've had a Merc since launch, it's only declined since.

If they were smart Makeb would launch on May the 4th.

Anyway I already figured all other ACs would get an amazing new ability and we'd get an ability that makes the first hit of Hammer Shot a critical.

stop...please...stop.

cuz you know, that is gonna be the one post they read and think, "that's a great idea!!"

i have no desire to justify, or provide any further evidence.

i've had a sniper since launch, it's been imporved since.

i've had a Merc since launch, it's only declined since.

So you're comparing a full years worth of updates from Merc to Sniper?

Lol awesome.

Sniper has had minor buffs and boosts along the way, and the range nerf on stuns was huge for them.

I had initially thought he was referring "continued" as something of late (meaning the last month or so); not comparing the 2 classes since launch, cause obviously most know this already lol.

I agree this AC needs some loving, hope you all get it.

I suggested this as sarcasm in another post, but then I realized....why not suggest it? Lets see how OP everyone thinks this is....

Incendiary Missile: Each tick gives you a counter that makes your next rail shot do 25% more damage. Stacks up to 4 times

Thermal Detonator: Causes your next Railshot to be an auto-crit

----

Real suggestions:

-When Incendiary Missile and Fusion Missile are both applied to the same target, that target becomes snared for the duration that both DoTs are active. (If one DoT ends, the snare ends)

(the next 2 suggestions involve damage so they are very unlikely to even be considered)

-When Incendiary Missile and Fusion Missile are both applied to the same target, increase the damage of one or both DoTs.

-Further increase damage done to double burning targets. Similar to the skill box that causes 10% damage bonus to burning targets when using Rail Shot, etc. (Except this increase of damage only applies when both DoTs are active)

Edited by DarthBloodloss

I suggested this as sarcasm in another post, but then I realized....why not suggest it? Lets see how OP everyone thinks this is....

Thermal Detonator: Causes your next Railshot to be an auto-crit.

To make it even with Marauders make Rail Shot auto crit everything in an 8 meter area.

The cooldown is also 15 seconds and and we can do it from 30 meters away like their leap so you don't need any other changes.

Issue solved!

Edited by Kerensk

Real suggestions:

-When Incendiary Missile and Fusion Missile are both applied to the same target, that target becomes snared for the duration that both DoTs are active. (If one DoT ends, the snare ends)

(the next 2 suggestions involve damage so they are very unlikely to even be considered)

-When Incendiary Missile and Fusion Missile are both applied to the same target, increase the damage of one or both DoTs.

-Further increase damage done to double burning targets. Similar to the skill box that causes 10% damage bonus to burning targets when using Rail Shot, etc. (Except this increase of damage only applies when both DoTs are active)

1. 25 heat ability + 33 heat ability + 1 time every 30s = horribly designed slow mechanic.

2. DoT damage is fine and is not what needs to be adjusted

3. possibly this. something like changing the current talent box that increases damage to burning targets by 3/6/9% to increase damage by 3/6/9% for each fire effect currently on the target (only applicable to BH's own fire effects obviously). and Thermal Detonator should really be included in that talent box

CGC dot + IM dot + FM Dot = 27% damage bonus possible every 30s. not a bad idea

Edited by cashogy

Incendiary Missile: Each tick gives you a counter that makes your next rail shot do 25% more damage. Stacks up to 4 times

Thermal Detonator: Causes your next Railshot to be an auto-crit and hit all targets within 5 meters of target.

----

There fixed that for ya.

Edited by Aaoogaa

Thermal Detonator: Causes your next Railshot to be an auto-crit

----

Real suggestions:

Feel you were much closer with the changes to IR and HiB. It wouldn't be more OP than Smash is to be honest. I like it.

probably not the best criteria to base what a good change is and isnt.

That depends on whether or not they nerf smash or not. If that's the standard, we need to match it, plus it's still only single target damage. Course if it's not commando/merc only then all that change would really do is push Pyro PTs back to the top of the pile.

Plus we still would lack good team utility.

Either way it ain't DoTs we should be hoping to be better at.

They don't plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos.

They spend more time fixing bugs (Warzone passes stacking) then ever helping fix class balance. To them it's all about short term profit, and free to play.

They figure any mercs that would've left already left. So they don't ever bother to help us at all.

And yes, I'm angry.

They don't plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos.

They spend more time fixing bugs (Warzone passes stacking) then ever helping fix class balance. To them it's all about short term profit, and free to play.

They figure any mercs that would've left already left. So they don't ever bother to help us at all.

And yes, I'm angry.

angry, i understand.

it seems like every patch, every "game update" only makes matters worse and worse. in every aspect of the game. hell, they even messed up CC clothing!!

i WAS angry. then, i dumped my Merc and started playing my VG. night and day...my anger is gone (even tho i miss playing my favorite class, a class i've played since early beta, Merc/PT).

now, my anger is replaced with frustration.

unplayable server lag, glitches, bugs (TFN HM multiple bugs last night), unstable server (the C-r-a-p-inger), hacks, lack of meaningful OWPvP, GROSS class imbalance (i can easily prove via parsing Merc vs. VG same spec, EXACT same gear), and i can go on...

there is no pride whatsoever in the quality of product they put out. NONE. it's going the way of most American business, all about the $$$.

there is not "craftsmanship", customer service, and pride in product anymore.

the shell of this game is amazing, the innards are very poor.

i would be embarrassed to put my name on some of the content, fixes, etc. that they serve its customers.

no, it won't get better.

i put it on BW/EA to prove me wrong.

Edited by T-Assassin

1. 25 heat ability + 33 heat ability + 1 time every 30s = horribly designed slow mechanic.

Sure its nothing to write home about but its not all that poorly designed. When you go 1 on 1 with someone, most likely a melee toon, you don't always have Power Surge + Thermal Override + Fusion Missile available. But if you did, it turns it into a 6 second snare. Imagine that in the rotation vs a melee, 1 on 1.

I'm going to use Incendiary, and PS+TO+Fusion Missile anytime I'm 1 on 1 against a strong opponent. This just adds in a free snare.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

Sure its nothing to write home about but its not all that poorly designed. When you go 1 on 1 with someone, most likely a melee toon, you don't always have Power Surge + Thermal Override + Fusion Missile available. But if you did, it turns it into a 6 second snare. Imagine that in the rotation vs a melee, 1 on 1.

I'm going to use Incendiary, and PS+TO+Fusion Missile anytime I'm 1 on 1 against a strong opponent. This just adds in a free snare.

it brings very little utility to the table, its heat cost would be highly restrictive, and the chances of the stars aligning in order for you to get the snare when you really wanted it are slim.

i would much rather have a slow mechanic that would always be available when i needed it. like the missile blast slow i suggested in that other thread.

it brings very little utility to the table, its heat cost would be highly restrictive, and the chances of the stars aligning in order for you to get the snare when you really wanted it are slim.

i would much rather have a slow mechanic that would always be available when i needed it. like the missile blast slow i suggested in that other thread.

We already have a perfectly good CC option which is forced to be tied to Tech Override and that's Concussion Round. I'd prefer it was always instant, but there you are.

I agree we need real utility and that utility needs to be available more often. That's why I don't particularly care if we are able to spec into Interrupt Immunity on reactive shield because that ability is on too long of a cooldown. Same thing for any utility fix.

Either way we bloody well need something. I'm just not expecting it before the expansion, if it happens ever.

Either way we bloody well need something. I'm just not expecting it before the expansion, if it happens ever.

me neither, sadly.

I've abandoned my Merc (stripped all mods) and moved on to my VG. i'm much more satisfied in game, and having much more fun playing a class/spec that truly enjoy. (Pyro/Assault)

it is a travesty that i have to abandon my favorite character, especially with all the time and effort i've put in, but even my wife said to me, "why do you even play him, all you do is complain!!" LOL

i knew it was time for a switch.

if we get some love, sure, i'll come back. i love my Merc and everything i've put into him. it's just not worth it anymore, to be angry, upset, w/e you wanna call it, over the Devs inability to properly balance Mercs vs. other classes in both PvP and PvE. PvP especially!!!!!

if improvements aren't on the way, then i have no other choice but to move on...

I often wonder about folks like you.

How do you take personal pleasure in something that has nothing to do with you, and even reveals how inadequate you are? (nevermind, there's that whole PreMade thread full of the same types)

:rolleyes:

I honestly can't respond to this.

You are asking me how do I take personal pleasure in having fun?

How do I take personal pleasure in completely messing around with two buttons and one more button I have to stagger into the rotation and still pull out average dps along with all the other 15 players in the warzone, and besting most of them, while still playig objectively?

Is my inadequate mind getting what you are asking, correctly?

Let me see if my boarder line retarded brain can help out your obvious simple mind.

Majority of the Warzones are filled with lolsmash, PTs/VGs, Sins/Shades, and a healer or two of some sort.

All those dps classes, even at my best should out damage me every time. Let me repeat myself, just in case you missed it. All. Those. DPS. That. I. Listed. SHOULD. Out. Damage. Me. Every. Time.

The fact that I can keep up with them in damage, with only 2 main buttons and a staggered button, is HILARIOUS.

Down right rolling on the floor funny.

Do I need to repeat myself, wonder bread?

But hey since what I do clearly affects your mood (Learn tolerance imo) Let me ease your mind. I only do this simple rotation, when I no longer give half a sh*t about what I am doing in the warzone. You know one of those nights where you try your hardest to pump out the deeps and win the game but every time you get on the fight half of the other team jumps on you (No you probably don't know, I can safely assume that you sir, play one of the moron proof classes, as mentioned above.) As long as I still main at the objective I could care less if I did 1k damage. Since I expect to do about 75k total, I find it absolutely surprising and funny that my 3 button method still kills people.

Huh, I guess I could respond to that.

Hi everyone! I talked to Austin Peckenpaugh (Senior Designer) about Commandos and Mercenaries and their situation in PvP right now, and he had this to say:

I think it's fair to say that Mercenaries and Commandos have escape issues. Admittedly, they can be very hard to catch when used correctly to hug corners, but a lot of that "escapability" falls aside when attacked by multiple melee enemies, at which point they just aren't quite tough enough to sustain without further escapes. We have plans for the future that should give Mercenaries and Commandos better escapes in PvP.

I think the biggest issue I have with this statement is that he's saying we have to depend on walls to survive, that annoys me. The all direction push could have an added 2-4 second root which would add a lot of survivability (to me at least). and our 4 second stun needs to be returned to 30 meters.

I think the biggest issue I have with this statement is that he's saying we have to depend on walls to survive, that annoys me. The all direction push could have an added 2-4 second root which would add a lot of survivability (to me at least). and our 4 second stun needs to be returned to 30 meters.

Yeah, that statement rubbed me wrong as well. We most certainly need some sort of area root ability (besides dropping mines like Hansel and Gretel dropped bread crumbs) to allow some escape from multiple melee. Honestly, it seems obvious to me that it SHOULD have had a root from the start...otherwise it serves so little purpose.

It bothers me that we're one of (or the?) the only classes that has no Resolve bypassing root ability of any sort.

I go away for two days and you guys let the thread fall this far? Tsk tsk.

Sorry boss :) Won't happen again!

Yeah, that statement rubbed me wrong as well. We most certainly need some sort of area root ability (besides dropping mines like Hansel and Gretel dropped bread crumbs) to allow some escape from multiple melee. Honestly, it seems obvious to me that it SHOULD have had a root from the start...otherwise it serves so little purpose.

It bothers me that we're one of (or the?) the only classes that has no Resolve bypassing root ability of any sort.

Sorry boss :) Won't happen again!

It better not!

Also Knights/Warriors root on leap of course. Combat sents can root even longer. Balance Shadows/Sages can root, Gunslingers can root. Most shadows can't (they don't spec 31 Balance), and Vanguards can't I believe.

Still the lack of such things on a ranged class, in a game where melee have so many anti-kiting tools, is just ridiculous. There are days when I'm pretty sure this class was only half finished at launch, and they still haven't fixed everything.