Iresso romance not acknowledged

TinaLovesHan

What the title says.

I played through the story yesterday on my Consular (Nayelii on Shadowlands) and there was no acknowledgement of their romance (which is completed and he is 10k affection, as she is my first character from 2011). She stayed faithful to him all these years and now in this expansion I guess it means nothing? I'm pretty disappointed.

I'm wondering if there will be a fix for this? I know it's not all characters as my friend started her Consular today and received his letter and got to tell the Emperor that she was committed to Iresso.

Thanks in advance.

Edited to add: So, after discussing the dialogue in cutscenes with my friend who ran her Consular through the beginning of KotFE it seems the mess up comes somewhere after Iresso leaves Marrs ship and before the first

dream conversation with the Emperor

if that helps.

Edited by TinaLovesHan
to more properly represent the thread

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the same problem with Kira on my Jedi Knight and Elara Dorne on my Trooper.

I didn't have the time yet to looked on all my character.

It's really frustrating to gave them a Rank5 purple gift and have a lot less then they should have

Same problem with Nadia. Finished all the current content, no email or mention in the dream sequence.

I wonder whether this is a bug that is striking people who ran through the romance storyline at launch. That would be the worst.

Same issue with my Warrior regarding Jaesa.

When approaching the group I couldn't state that my warrior loved one of them, instead had an option regarding a certain traitor. Then again when Valkorian mentioned love I was unable to reply that my warrior had found love.

I escaped out - and waiting for a resolution hopefully before continuing. I'd like to play the new chapters on my main, but not if it's not acknowledging my choices already.

Thank you for all the responses! So it's not just me, and it's not just the Consular. I wonder if there is a way to narrow down what is causing the bug to occur?

I didn't even know that it had happened to me until my aforementioned friend told me about letters and dialogue. I would have escaped out as well and waited for a fix. But as it is, it's too late for Nayelii, unless she can some how be reset and re-play the chapters?

I played on my Warrior tonight and was able to affirm a romance with Malavai. So, so far, just my Consular is affected.

Thank you for all the responses! So it's not just me, and it's not just the Consular. I wonder if there is a way to narrow down what is causing the bug to occur?

It also worked on my LS Warrior and Vette. Again, he is a somewhat more recent character, but not very.

It's too bad that the automatic level 60 can't do any companion interactions (outside of a couple with Qyzen Fess, apparently). It's also been a long time and I can't quite remember which characters have flirted with Lana or that chick from Republic Makeb (something Avesta?). Most of them didn't. I think I tried once for each out of curiosity. So I'm not sure how to narrow it down from here.

Edited by TaintedMustard

It also worked on my LS Warrior and Vette. Again, he is a somewhat more recent character, but not very.

It's too bad that the automatic level 60 can't do any companion interactions (outside of a couple with Qyzen Fess, apparently). It's also been a long time and I can't quite remember which characters have flirted with Lana or that chick from Republic Makeb (something Avesta?). Most of them didn't. I think I tried once for each out of curiosity. So I'm not sure how to narrow it down from here.

They could of done a system like mass effect and have the player go through some of the major choices so that actually having an automatic lvl 60 wouldn't block you out of content. They could of done it exactly like the no voice over conversations in chapter 9. just have the player answer a set of question through the non-voice acted responses to flag choices and old romances. Would of made having a free lvl 60 more appealing imo.

It would of also been a way to by pass the bug of romances not being acknowledged. Hopefully they fix this bug though, its frustrating not having your choices being mentioned at the beginning, worried if it has blocked you from older romance content we have literally waited years to hear from.

Edited by Jilinna

Hopefully they fix this bug though, its frustrating not having your choices being mentioned at the beginning, worried if it has blocked you from older romance content we have literally waited years to hear from.

That is the part that had me so upset. Four years invested in Nayelii and Iresso. Haven't heard anything (majorly) new from our LI in years and now for Nayelii it appears she will never hear it :(

I'm just hoping they can reset the people who have had their romance ignored so they can redo the chapters if they so choose. Which I would!

It seems to be a problem with new romances as well. After confirming the romance window with Theron, courting gifts yield no influence gains and no change seems to have been made with the companion interaction.

Ran into the same issue with my Agent who romanced Raina Temple.

Not sure if it's because I didn't pick the "correct" dialogue choices or because of some bug that occurred, but i never received Raina's letter and have no idea what the state of my romance with her is.

Any clarification on this matter from Bioware would be greatly appreaciated.

Ran into the same issue with my Agent who romanced Raina Temple.

Not sure if it's because I didn't pick the "correct" dialogue choices or because of some bug that occurred, but i never received Raina's letter and have no idea what the state of my romance with her is.

Any clarification on this matter from Bioware would be greatly appreaciated.

After comparing the Consular dialogue with my friend, it appeared that I never even got the option of making the "correct" choices to re-affirm her relationship with Iresso.

So it *seems* to be a random thing affecting random characters (old and new/numerous classes/both genders). As stated many times, I really hope they can find a fix for this.

And i second your statement that we would greatly appreciate some clarification or response that this is a known issue that's being looked at.

Edited by TinaLovesHan

Just dropping by to add that I had another Consular on a different server that also romanced Felix Iresso and I played through the new stuff up until the first conversation with the Emperor where you can state you love one of your companions and hers worked fine.

I've been checking around in threads to see if devs had said anything about ignored romances but haven't found anything. I did notice in a few threads that others were experiencing the same situation as here though.

Wish I could rename the thread so others would know to post about it here as well.

I can confirm this from my experience with Ashara and Raina. Raina still gains the same rate of influence from gifts including courting gifts. Ashara on the other hand has reverted to the abysmal pre-romance level of influence gain from all gifts.

The romance is not being recognized and was probably unflagged by the patch.

The romance is not being recognized and was probably unflagged by the patch.

That's what I'm thinking as well.

Next questions are: Will it be addressed/fixed? When you meet up with you LI (I have no idea when that will be) are they going to ignore that you were in a relationship with them or will it be flagged as active?

Because I've bypassed up all available flirts I've had so far

(Lana, Theron, Koth)

in hopes that it will be fixed.

Edited to add: I just had another thought. If the romance was unflagged, when you eventually meet back up, will you be able to re-start the romance maybe?

Edited by TinaLovesHan

I hope this is fixed. While I haven't started the expansion yet, Risha (Who I did romance) does not get any affection from courting gifts anymore while Akaavi who I did NOT romance gets moderate affection. If my Risha romance is gone my character immersion is ruined.

So I played through on my sorc and did not get the option to tell the emperor that I loved someone; however, I did get a letter from Ashara. Not sure if the game is recognizing the romance.

My sorc is not a character from launch as I am not a founder though he is the first toon I ever made on this game.

This the response I got from Customer Service:

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

To allow us to identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center.

We also recommend checking the latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for information on any fixes or changes in our game updates or our Known Bugs list, located at the top of our Bug Forums which can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Galactic support is our specialty…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

So make sure to file bug reports. Still no answers.

Can our characters to be reset so we can have the option to replay if we want after the bug is fixed? Will we be able to resume the romance when we meet our LI? Will they treat us as previously romanced or not?

Any answers from dev would be greatly appreciated. At this point, I'm not sure whether to keep playing my Consular or not.