Force Barrier is gonna be awesome.

Xethis

Getting nuked by a Jugg and two Maras, Need just a few seconds for sprint to come off cd, is your healer cc'd and you need to buy some time before you can get your support. If you played a Mage in WoW, then you will be very familiar with all the advantages this skill will bring.

Getting nuked by a Jugg and two Maras, Need just a few seconds for sprint to come off cd, is your healer cc'd and you need to buy some time before you can get your support. If you played a Mage in WoW, then you will be very familiar with all the advantages this skill will bring.

Mage's had a distinct advantage when using Iceblock that Sorc's do not have and that was Blink. Once the channeled spell is off, you are still going to be surrounded. IMO, the "phase walk" ability that Assassins got went to the wrong Advanced Class.

•A new ability, Force Barrier, has been added. Force Barrier projects a barrier around the Sorcerer, providing immunity to all damage and effects while channeled (up to 10 seconds). Force Barrier is trainable at level 51.

So...

Taking your described situation, what happens if no help arrives? You can't heal yourself while in this immune state, cause it's channeled... if you're a healer, you're boned. If you're a DPS, you may have a chance to survive if you have healing support nearby... if not, you're boned. The only thing you did is waste 10 seconds of everyone's time...

Woo... yeah... great ability.... failtastic job, devs.... what kind of drugs are you all taking over there???

If you're going to implement this, at least make it instant cast, NOT CHANNELED. Maintain duration, and upon use, you lock yourself out of all damage abilities for the duration of the barrier. Make a defensive ability that's worth using, not a last-minute desperation idea that came to you as you were passing by a TV and saw the WoW MOP commercial on ...

They thought there wasn't enough CC in the game already, so they gave us a channeled stun. The person we use it on cannot move, heal, do damage, nothing for the entire time we channel it. Up to a full 10 seconds. Except that we can only use it on ourselves...?

Are you bleeping kidding me? Dumbest idea I have litterally ever heard. Right above: "Hey, wanna watch melaunch a bottle rocket out of my ***?"

IMO, the "phase walk" ability that Assassins got went to the wrong Advanced Class.

Another melee class with another soon-to-be used and abused ability as a gap closer. Why don't we all just make maras/sins/juggs and swing our lightsabers around with wild facerolling abandon? Seems that's what devs want, right? They've swallowed the melee lightsaber all the way down to the hilt, it seems.

I think you guys are missing the point. You don't have to waste your stun or KB on a Mara that is starting his Ravage. You don't have to do it for the whole 10seconds. You can hit it to avoid his Ravage then get back to business. Or a Jugg with 4 stacks of Shockwave that just leaped to you, you might be able to time it so he wastes his Smash. Or a Merc that is unloading on you, a Sniper that is in the middle of casting Ambush. What if you only have 4 more seconds till your bubble is off of cd. OMG I could go on and on and on. Yes WoW's Ice Block was simpler to use, but it does not mean that Force Barrier is not going to be awesome for this class. Sure the Sorc does not have Blink, but they do have sprint combined with an AOE KB, if you need a few seconds, Barrier it up, exit with a KB and Sprint away, just as effective.

Sure if you just start casting Force Barrier when people run up to you, yeah, they will just wait for it to be over and proceed with the beating cause you are a bad. But if you know when to use this ability you can really do some damage to the other team.

Another melee class with another soon-to-be used and abused ability as a gap closer. Why don't we all just make maras/sins/juggs and swing our lightsabers around with wild facerolling abandon? Seems that's what devs want, right? They've swallowed the melee lightsaber all the way down to the hilt, it seems.

Gap closer lol, first off, I have to use it in stealth. As far as I know there really isn't a gap to close because Sins can just walk or sprint to where ever they want in stealth anyways. Second, even if you could use this ability out of stealth, you have to plant it in stealth, how the hell are they gonna know where Sorcs and Mercs are gonna run to anyways?

Assassin is my main, trust me, there is no exciting buzz about this ability. Most Assassins are pretty damn confused and unexcited about there toons at 55. The way I see it is that it is similar to the Shadow Step from Rogue in WoW but you have to aim it, and has to be done in stealth. So I can Mezz someone and port to a cap. Or I can sit quite a ways away gaurding a cap cause I can port to them so I reduce my chances of getting caught in stealth. Im downloading PTR now I will definitely give some better feedback on this ability.

Edited by Xethis

If you honestly think that you can't coerce someone into manuvering a certain direction during a fight, then I don't know what else to say. With most flight classes (Ranged DPS, healers), first thing in their mind is "get the hell away from that guy". You attack from a specific direction as a sin, 99/100 times, they'll go running in the exact opposite direction that you attacked from. Smart sins are going to catch on to this quickly, and devise attack plans around objectives (i.e. a lone defender on a turret in Civil War, offensive and defensive placements along ramps in huttball, etc.) It's not hard. Just a quick few extra seconds of planning out how to incorporate this new ability into their attack.

Gap closer lol, first off, I have to use it in stealth. As far as I know there really isn't a gap to close because Sins can just walk or sprint to where ever they want in stealth anyways. Second, even if you could use this ability out of stealth, you have to plant it in stealth, how the hell are they gonna know where Sorcs and Mercs are gonna run to anyways?

Assassin is my main, trust me, there is no exciting buzz about this ability. Most Assassins are pretty damn confused and unexcited about there toons at 55. The way I see it is that it is similar to the Shadow Step from Rogue in WoW but you have to aim it, and has to be done in stealth. So I can Mezz someone and port to a cap. Or I can sit quite a ways away gaurding a cap cause I can port to them so I reduce my chances of getting caught in stealth. Im downloading PTR now I will definitely give some better feedback on this ability.

I was able to use this ability out of stealth on my assassin and teleport out of stealth to the point I placed. The ability is a 1.5 second cast to place your spot to teleport to and instant to use (in or out of stealth) as long as you're within 60 meters. An assassin can now vanish > Teleport away or Vanish > teleport to door/node to defend. The ability goes on CD for 45 seconds after you use the teleport.

For an assassin to be able to teleport out of the fray (60 meters away no less) is ridiculous and unnecessary because you already have a vanish and an immunity spell. I've never seen an assassin crying about survivability in pvp. It's something that I can see being very abused. (Since you play one... you probably can admit to that.)

Sorcs, on the other hand, need escapes. The force barrier currently roots the caster in place while they wait for their team to help out. It's good, but it doesn't provide the escape that you need (unless you're heal spec'd where after using the barrier your Force sprint is immediately available again).

Edited by veyl

I was able to use this ability out of stealth on my assassin and teleport out of stealth to the point I placed. The ability is a 1.5 second cast to place your spot to teleport to and instant to use (in or out of stealth) as long as you're within 60 meters. An assassin can now vanish > Teleport away or Vanish > teleport to door/node to defend. The ability goes on CD for 45 seconds after you use the teleport.

For an assassin to be able to teleport out of the fray (60 meters away no less) is ridiculous and unnecessary because you already have a vanish and an immunity spell. I've never seen an assassin crying about survivability in pvp. It's something that I can see being very abused. (Since you play one... you probably can admit to that.)

Sorcs, on the other hand, need escapes. The force barrier currently roots the caster in place while they wait for their team to help out. It's good, but it doesn't provide the escape that you need (unless you're heal spec'd where after using the barrier your Force sprint is immediately available again).

If I am wrong on how this ability is used then I do apologize, I am only able to refer to the description of it. Still downloading ptr. Anyways, Sin is my main so like, if that is the case then, weeeeeeeee!

I agree sin with another escape move (and a very great one too) is strange.

However, the barrier has so much possibility for PvP its mind-boggling. Escape focus, wait for that huttball pass, delay a cap, (he can start it, but will be interrupted)

Of course it remains to be seen live, but it has potential.

I agree sin with another escape move (and a very great one too) is strange.

However, the barrier has so much possibility for PvP its mind-boggling. Escape focus, wait for that huttball pass, delay a cap, (he can start it, but will be interrupted)

Of course it remains to be seen live, but it has potential.

i agree... i cant wait for this ability

I was hoping they would fix the tooltip mistake on Static Field ability, it says that it absorbs a high amount of damage, but it only lasts a few hits from a group of normals, so i guess biowares' version of high amount is totally different to reality.

What do you expect, a 20k damage bubble?

It soaks up about 4k damage, which is roughly 20% health a fully DG sorc health.

I say its a "high" ammount of damage.

•A new ability, Force Barrier, has been added. Force Barrier projects a barrier around the Sorcerer, providing immunity to all damage and effects while channeled (up to 10 seconds). Force Barrier is trainable at level 51.

So...

Taking your described situation, what happens if no help arrives? You can't heal yourself while in this immune state, cause it's channeled... if you're a healer, you're boned. If you're a DPS, you may have a chance to survive if you have healing support nearby... if not, you're boned. The only thing you did is waste 10 seconds of everyone's time...

Woo... yeah... great ability.... failtastic job, devs.... what kind of drugs are you all taking over there???

If you're going to implement this, at least make it instant cast, NOT CHANNELED. Maintain duration, and upon use, you lock yourself out of all damage abilities for the duration of the barrier. Make a defensive ability that's worth using, not a last-minute desperation idea that came to you as you were passing by a TV and saw the WoW MOP commercial on ...

You have issues if you can't see uses for 10 seconds of immunity to damage and effects.

10 seconds where you can't be removed from a cap point irregardless of how many are against you and can drop out to interrupt when you have to.

10 seconds in the middle of a fight when a healer can heal the crap out of you and make all of it count.

Massive boss damage inc in PVE? 10 seconds of immunity and you don't even need to move out of the fire.

Want to be a target for a tank to leap to on the goal line but don't have full resolve to stop the enemy team pulling/pushing/ganking you? Sprint in and 10s immunity on the goal line....

I'm not even trying to think of ways to abuse it, these are just the screamingly obvious ones.

Edited by Gyronamics

A MAra will like to beat on your shield, build rage and wait for his CDs :)

At that point, you have already been healed to full by your Op healer tammate after almost getting killed when you popped the Barrier with 100 hp left. :D

One has issues if one can't see the uses for 10 seconds of immunity to damage and effects.

Edited by paowee

You have issues if you can't see uses for 10 seconds of immunity to damage and effects.

10 seconds where you can't be removed from a cap point irregardless of how many are against you and can drop out to interrupt when you have to.

10 seconds in the middle of a fight when a healer can heal the crap out of you and make all of it count.

Massive boss damage inc in PVE? 10 seconds of immunity and you don't even need to move out of the fire.

Want to be a target for a tank to leap to on the goal line but don't have full resolve to stop the enemy team pulling/pushing/ganking you? Sprint in and 10s immunity on the goal line....

I'm not even trying to think of ways to abuse it, these are just the screamingly obvious ones.

Meh, big effin deal. So unlike other classes' defensives, we get to stand still and do jack whilst we channel it. This is not what I wanted in any way. This so called defensive does nothing to deter people attacking you, it's just ignore, until you stop channelling and you're going to be roflstomped on afterwards. And I bet within a month when the knights and warriors QQ about their smash toys not working this will be nerfed to the ground.

Why don't we have shroud like we should you know as the "force masters". Why do Juggernauts and Guardians get the damage reflect, when that is thematically an ability for a "mage" class?

Have they addressed sorc dps in pvp in any meaningful way? No.

Have they nerfed lolrauders? No.

Have they made us even more useless against tanks? Yes.

Have they made PVE dps competitive? Oh wait, guess what? No. It's sad, did 16Man Xeno HM last night, at the end of the fight the two carnage marauders had over 100k more damage dealt than the sorcs in that fight. You think this patch is going to change any of that?

It seems to me, they have read and ignored, or just ignored our complaints, done their own thing again and crapped on the Inquisitor and Consular classes.

I've got a 50 marauder, I might as well start pvping on it, coz that's where it's at. I am at the point where I truly think Bioware just don't care about sorcerers, and I'm done trying to fight an uphill battle and being ignored when legitimate concerns are raised.

Force barrier is going to be amazing. It is useful in so many ways, I don't understand how you guys are not seeing this. You arent going to pop this ability and sit there for 10 seconds...unless you are solo defending then maybe it will be needed. This is manly to save your CC's, interrupt big hitters (ravage) fake out a smash, by yourself time for heals if your team is mezzed, lure bad players to hit you for no reason while others beat on them, give yourself time for your cooldowns to come back. Straight nasty skill

bads will be bads.

As for assassins teleport. It is like Warlocks portal which is completely amazing. I played a lock for 7 years at highly competive level but the thing is, they arent ranged...you arent using it for escaping that often. I dont think it will be as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. If they port away from you, good they are probably 30-60m away and not hitting you, move on.

Mage's had a distinct advantage when using Iceblock that Sorc's do not have and that was Blink. Once the channeled spell is off, you are still going to be surrounded. IMO, the "phase walk" ability that Assassins got went to the wrong Advanced Class.

It did not, imo.

Teleporting like that sounds more like a stealthy, tactical move to me.

And I'm gonna love using it.

Then again, I come from Rift, where Rogues had that skill, and I only played Rogue there, well a skill very close to it (Actually, it's identical, only difference is, on Rift you use one skill to capture where you're currently standing, and one skill to teleport to the captured spot where you were standing.

Edited by Katszc

Force barrier is going to be amazing. It is useful in so many ways, I don't understand how you guys are not seeing this. You arent going to pop this ability and sit there for 10 seconds...unless you are solo defending then maybe it will be needed. This is manly to save your CC's, interrupt big hitters (ravage) fake out a smash, by yourself time for heals if your team is mezzed, lure bad players to hit you for no reason while others beat on them, give yourself time for your cooldowns to come back. Straight nasty skill

bads will be bads.

And those wishing to ignore the obvious will continue to do so. It completely misses the fundamental concerns with sorc pvp. Way too much set up, non existent burst and joke dots. This hasn't changed. All this does is keep you up for however long you got it channeled. Big deal.