How do I know if I can still Romance Light Jaesa

MasterSutt

Hey,

I am in chapter 4 on Makeb. I am a light side male sith marauder and I only started playing in October or so. However I like Jaesa and I want my light side sith warrior to end up with her. This is my main character and I have not beaten the expansions yet at all, only the original story. I really liked it but I want to know if I have gone too far with Vette on the romance. She has confessed her feelings to me and my character said he liked her. She even sent me after the main game a message in the mail titled anniversary. However, the conversation that I have when I go to her starts out with me saying hello there, and then she says hey, don't worry I am not going to get silly again, I have had time to think.... So I know I haven't finished the love arc but I am wondering if the game has already considered me romanced with her or not. Is there like a notification that lets me know that we are together or is it after you decide to get married or what? I want to know if anyone knows and please no one spoil anything in the game for me. I already know that you can romance light side Jaesa in Ossus but like I said I don't want to get with Vette to end up with Jaesa. I feel like that is wrong. Let me know if I am already considered with her or if I get some notification or something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey,

I am in chapter 4 on Makeb. I am a light side male sith marauder and I only started playing in October or so. However I like Jaesa and I want my light side sith warrior to end up with her. This is my main character and I have not beaten the expansions yet at all, only the original story. I really liked it but I want to know if I have gone too far with Vette on the romance. She has confessed her feelings to me and my character said he liked her. She even sent me after the main game a message in the mail titled anniversary. However, the conversation that I have when I go to her starts out with me saying hello there, and then she says hey, don't worry I am not going to get silly again, I have had time to think.... So I know I haven't finished the love arc but I am wondering if the game has already considered me romanced with her or not. Is there like a notification that lets me know that we are together or is it after you decide to get married or what? I want to know if anyone knows and please no one spoil anything in the game for me. I already know that you can romance light side Jaesa in Ossus but like I said I don't want to get with Vette to end up with Jaesa. I feel like that is wrong. Let me know if I am already considered with her or if I get some notification or something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you got the mail about the anniversary, you're "with" Vette(1), except that there is (as you've found out) still a conversation to have. It *might* be that you can sort of cancel the Vette romance by not going through with that conversation ever. Maybe. Don't count on it.

However, there is one and only one thing that prevents (from a game-mechanical point of view) a warrior of either sex from being able to romance LS Jaesa. If you make a particular dark side choice right near the very end of the Jedi Under Siege story (takes place on Ossus and is set after all the other content except the Dantooine stuff and "Hearts and Minds"), she won't go with you. For reference, the rough sequence is the same for every class and looks like this:

* Prologue on the starter planet and the very beginning of the capital world

* Chapter 1 from there to the class-dependent events that happen after Tatooine and Alderaan but before Republic Balmorra / Empire Taris.

* Chapter 2 from the beginning of RBalmorra/ETaris to the events after Hoth but before Belsavis.

* Chapter 3 from the beginning of Belsavis to the end of Corellia. I'm not sure whether the events immediately after Corellia count as Chapter 3 or Epilogue.

* Epilogue / Interlude-the-first on Ilum (if you do it)

* Chapter 4 on Makeb (if you do it)

* Interlude-the-second on Oricon (if you do it)

* Chapter 5 is roughly speaking Shadow of Revan and its Prelude ("Forged Alliances") which you haven't begun yet.

* Interlude-the-third is Rise of the Emperor which is commonly referred to as "Ziost" because that's where it happens.

* Knights of the Fallen Empire Chapters I to XVI

* Knights of the Eternal Throne Chapters I to IX

* War on Iokath (introduces the so-called "Traitor Arc")

* The rest of the Traitor Arc. (Crisis on Umbara, A Traitor Among The Chiss, and Nathema Conspiracy)

* Jedi Under Siege

* Reunion Meeting with Light Side or Dark Side Jaesa for Warriors, Nadia for Consulars, or Doc for Knights.

(1) If you slept with her friend (the red one) on the Cada Bliss segment of Vette's story on Nar Shaddaa, you're considered "with" her from there on.

EDIT: in a sense, the lesson is, as in Real Life, that if you don't want to be "with" someone, don't flirt with them.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

So you are saying I am with her. I haven't done several of the romance scenes though, does that mean I can not be with Jaesa then? Also, I never slept with her friend. I said that we should all stay together. I just hope I didn't mess it up because I don't want to do another character just to romance Jaesa and I don't want dark side Jaesa. I don't know. Does it matter if I romance Vette, I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying. It sounds like it more depends on the choices I make in the end game, is that right? The farthest romance scene with Vette I have done is when we both said we liked each other but she got shy. I never kissed her, which is the next cut scene. However she did kiss me after I talked to her in the ship after I convinced her sister to not go after the hutts for revenge saying that I saved her life so I don't know. At what point in the romance arc, are you considered together? I am curious. Is there like a notification that I get saying are you sure you want to confirm this person as your partner or anything like that? Just let me know I guess. I do appreciate the help. Edited by MasterSutt

So you are saying I am with her. I haven't done several of the romance scenes though, does that mean I can not be with Jaesa then? Also, I never slept with her friend. I said that we should all stay together. I just hope I didn't mess it up because I don't want to do another character just to romance Jaesa and I don't want dark side Jaesa. I don't know. Does it matter if I romance Vette, I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying. It sounds like it more depends on the choices I make in the end game, is that right? The farthest romance scene with Vette I have done is when we both said we liked each other but she got shy. I never kissed her, which is the next cut scene. However she did kiss me after I talked to her in the ship after I convinced her sister to not go after the hutts for revenge saying that I saved her life so I don't know. At what point in the romance arc, are you considered together? I am curious. Is there like a notification that I get saying are you sure you want to confirm this person as your partner or anything like that? Just let me know I guess. I do appreciate the help.

The romance with Vette does not prevent the romance after JUS with Jaesa. (There's a chance to renew the romance with Vette during KotFE Chapter XIII if you finished the basic one before beginning KotFE, but even that does not prevent the Jaesa romance. However, doing the Jaesa romance will cause Vette to break up with you, but all Vette does is send you a mail.)

In the class companion stories, there is no notification about beginning the romance, nor about preventing it.

• 1 month later...
Does reaching level 70 and skipping KOTFE. KOTET etc going right to jedi under siege which defaults to your having made dark side choice, ie killing koth, killing senya, killing arcaan have any effect on lightside Jaese romance?

No. Well, for female characters, that is, and I expect it's the same for male characters. I class-storied a female Warrior in Light mode (including setting up LSJ and following her whole story), then sent her directly to JUS after the class story was done. Her Companions and Contacts panel is full of corpses, but because she didn't take the DS choice I referred to above *during* (near the end of) JUS, she was able to romance LSJ.

EDIT: You meet up with LSJ briefly during one part of the JUS story (before the DS choice), and she gives you a big huge enormous hint as to what to choose later if you want to romance her.

Edited by SteveTheCynic