Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Self Destruct Penalty

Zohkar
12.14.2013 , 12:39 PM | #41
There is a penalty for self destructing weither intentinal or not. When you go back to your respawn point you might have to wait upwards of 15 seconds. Some people self destruct because they are trying to avoid incoming fire power directed at them from various angles and in-advertinly run into obsticles. I know myself, I have by accident went to hit my F3 and instead hit 3 and barrel roll right into something. So your saying I am cheaping the victor you had over me. No you still get a point and I am out of the match for 15 seconds plus flight time back to attack or defend.

Secondly, some ships are designed for dogfighting while others are made for hit and run or hiding and taking shots are people dogfighting. So I will use what ever tactics for each of those ships, via on my scout im taking out turrets and hunting gunships. Strike Fighters I am humping a satellite and your not getting me off no matter what. If I am in my gunship I am finding the best place to snipe and planning my escape route incase someone attacks me. Which ever I do you can gurantee I will run and turn around and attack when I have my advantage back weither you like it or not. But something I won't do is intentinally suicde, it's something that just happens.
60 Zohkar (Guardian) 60 Sa'brina (Immortal)
60 Zankar (Shadow) 60 Selura (Corruption)
60 Zandakar (Sharpshooter) 60 Sil'mara (Operative)
60 Zanlamar (Gunnery) 60 Sondrea (Shieldtech)

AlrikFassbauer
12.15.2013 , 06:30 AM | #42
The day before yesterday I actively tried to evade & shake a following starfighter - and of course I used tzhe speed boost.
However, I used it into the wrong direction & crashed into something.

It never occurred to you PvP players that one could be just doing wrong things because of panicking ? Because of feeling frightened ? Kernel panic ?

If not, then it shows how little you know about human psychology.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Elmerpl
12.15.2013 , 06:47 AM | #43
I have an adequate punishment for suicide, just make a splatter of blood and oil on the surface they crashed into and a big shiny letters saying "HA HA - <Player Name>" appear on it for a minute or so, no mechanic change just add insult to injury, that should be enough. And on a more serious note, respawn time + 30 sec to get to the nearest point or fight + 10 or more sec to regen at least some engine power, yeah I'd call that punishment enough.

AlrikFassbauer
12.15.2013 , 07:06 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Elmerpl View Post
I have an adequate punishment for suicide, just make a splatter of blood and oil on the surface they crashed into and a big shiny letters saying "HA HA - <Player Name>" appear on it for a minute or so, no mechanic change just add insult to injury, that should be enough. And on a more serious note, respawn time + 30 sec to get to the nearest point or fight + 10 or more sec to regen at least some engine power, yeah I'd call that punishment enough.
Sounds like a nerd rage. You are just angry that people avoid your kills - either intentionally or unintentionally (and if you can't believe that "unintentially" actually exist, then you have actively ignored my posts above).

If you were a team player, then you just wouldn't care about "avoided kills". And you'd acknowledge that there are far more important zimgs than that.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Elfa
12.15.2013 , 08:35 AM | #45
I crash into walls all the time to strip people of their kill. If I'm going to die anyways, I'm not going to do it padding some guys ego.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Elmerpl
12.15.2013 , 09:55 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
snip
Ok so you didn't get the "On the more serius note", I'm not angry at all, and not a kill hog, the first part was a joke, not an ironic rage or whatever, just for fun, you know, to make people laugh. The second part was serious, and I see nothing angry about that as well, just pointing out that those timers are enough punishment as it is and there is no need for anymore of it for those who self-destruct... are we clear now?

MalakaiCaine
12.15.2013 , 03:57 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
The day before yesterday I actively tried to evade & shake a following starfighter - and of course I used tzhe speed boost.
However, I used it into the wrong direction & crashed into something.

It never occurred to you PvP players that one could be just doing wrong things because of panicking ? Because of feeling frightened ? Kernel panic ?

If not, then it shows how little you know about human psychology.
i actively make people crash if they're sucky pilots close to things.

box em in, block off an angle, watch em turn away from my fire.. SMASH into a rock.

Imaslicer
12.15.2013 , 05:11 PM | #48
The more upgrades I get and the better I become, I notice that deaths become less enemy inflicted and more self inflicted. I die mabe 1-3 times a game and most of the times they are ill placed retro thrusts and not from someone shooting me down, the only time I intentionally suicide is when I'm out of rockets but that's very few times.
pew pew

rbl_holmes
12.15.2013 , 06:39 PM | #49
The penalty of zerging and awaiting a respawn timer seems enough to me.

I've self destructed a few times, some from hitting the wrong button at the wrong time, others from misjudging my wing span, and others from the over the top particle effects from the "explosions in space" completely obscuring view of anything for a few seconds and flying into something hidden in or behind the cloud.

Lord_Ghaleon
12.15.2013 , 08:35 PM | #50
Didn't see this thread, so made a secondary one (whoops). I agree, there should a bigger penalty for SDing. If I dogfight someone for 30 seconds, get them to <10 health and they take a turn right at an asteroid it's annoying. GIve more points toward the 1000 for a SD (like 5 or 10), give them -1 Kill on their own stats, or bump the respawn time up to like 30 seconds.