Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I missed my first Day 1 ever

Arconon
12.13.2011 , 11:00 AM | #1
Thanks to the staggered head start I've now officially missed my first "day 1 experience" ever....
and honostly I'm quite angry abou it.
Why?

Well, first of all let me point out that I've played about a dozen major subscription-based MMOs so far and I've ALWAYS played from day 1 on (day 1 of early access that is).

I just love the excitement and also the chaos that the first day of an MMO launch brings with it: server crashes, hundreds of players shouting and jumping onto the same MOB, you name it. Most importantly the fact and bragging rights of being able to say: I've seen the chaos and I was there on day 1/have been in the game since day 1.

Now I don't even have the chance to start on even terms, and choose the character name(s) I want.

I couldn't care less about a "smooth" start because it's unrealistic in ANY CASE and as an MMO player I'm not only used to a bumpy start I EXPECT/WANT one!

Bioware might think that all the single player RPG's players they attract might be uncomfortable with a chaotic start but I personally feel betrayed of the best experience one can have as an online player:

Playing on day 1!

No other day will be quite like that...

If they are so afraid of their precious starting areas, why don't they at least open up "character creation" so we can at least reserve our names and fiddle with the appearances of our avatars?!?

Have I mentioned that I'm really mad yet?

/ramble

frustrated Arc out

PS: I pre-ordered as soon as possible

Mairsil
12.13.2011 , 11:02 AM | #2
preach it brother

Ahandii
12.13.2011 , 11:02 AM | #3
I was there in beta... even better than day 1 ? bragwise imo

Tyranox
12.13.2011 , 11:03 AM | #4
Day 1 for life bro

StillMoving
12.13.2011 , 11:03 AM | #5
HAHAHA...I was thinking the same thing tho not quite so seriously....

This will be the first "day 1" I have ever missed from a game that I pre-ordered and beta played and that goes all the way back to beta UO hehe

Delsana
12.13.2011 , 11:03 AM | #6
Um... it was going to start the EGA on the 15th... these are bonus days... with a potential for more early access available to you than originally.

At least wait until the 15th to complain.

Lord_Itharius
12.13.2011 , 11:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Arconon View Post
I just love the excitement and also the chaos that the first day of an MMO launch brings with it: server crashes, hundreds of players shouting and jumping onto the same MOB, you name it. Most importantly the fact and bragging rights of being able to say: I've seen the chaos and I was there on day 1/have been in the game since day 1.
That's exactly what they're trying to avoid.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out." - battlebug

Averran
12.13.2011 , 11:03 AM | #8
Hello everyone,

We know you all have a lot to say about invites, early access and when waves are coming. In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the topic as it has relevant official information, we will be closing this one.