Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

is the consular story any good?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
is the consular story any good?

Intarabus
07.26.2012 , 07:07 PM | #61
Since I am 100 % lightside Jedi, this was the first (and only one) by now, that I played through.
At least, I was not overwhelmed by the story.
It started of well on Tython, were you acted a little as if you were a Jedi explorer.
But then, act 1 is very boring, for five planets it is exactly the same. Although Cedrax is a useful companion, it is not explained well, while that smeary "information broker" aka thief will accompany new.
Act 2 is very good, since you are a Jedi in a somewhat different role compared to other games and movie appearances, a politician/warlord. And
Spoiler

The last act is ok, but
Spoiler
. And for me, personally, final battle was a little disappointing.

Lorewise, I have one more problem.
Though its nice to play a shadow and you can skip a lot of battles later, this spec seems not fitting for the consular. As the jediest of Jedi, its not the right thing, to do sneak attacks and the like.
Otherwise, Sage is perfect for it.

Ferkles
07.31.2012 , 10:25 AM | #62
Playing the Jedi Consular storyline to 50 has sucked the will to grind other toons to 50 from me, no matter the storylines. The storytelling was repetitive, lack-luster and predictable. The big revealing of a secret enemy at the end was something I was easily able to guess after the first part of chapter 2. Personally I hated the storyline with a passion and only sheer willpower (heh) gave me the drive to finish levelling. And the levelling definitely felt like a grind to me, especially at the end.
Getting a new signature. Eventually~

_biddan_
07.31.2012 , 03:38 PM | #63
is good to see people answering,this story really is different from the others,you are more a diplomat than a fighter or a defender,that's not for everyone,but i like it,i really do.
The Red Eclipse

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50