Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

is the consular story any good?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
is the consular story any good?

SenatorPalpaTANG
06.11.2012 , 05:17 AM | #11
It's easily the worst of the force-user storylines (I've leveled an Inquisitor, Consular, Warrior and Knight). The other 3 have a much more epic feel and tighter pacing imo.

Personally I think the inquisitor story has been my favorite so far, so I'd recommend that over a consular any day if you're just interested in the playstyle.
Fantastically Furious, lololol

((=((==°((:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: >

DarthOvertone
06.11.2012 , 01:35 PM | #12
I've done three class stories. My ratings in hindsight:

1. Sith Warrior (10/10)
2. Smuggler (9/10)

3. Jedi Consular (4/10)
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Tarakona
06.12.2012 , 10:56 AM | #13
I truly hope it picks up in Chapter 2/3. I've completed all the Imperial class stories and am almost done with the Jedi Knight one. Trooper became my next focus because the JC was just hard to get into. (And the end of the Smuggler prologue was just dumb IMO.) It's had a couple moments where it's gotten interesting (close to the end of Tython and Coruscant) but otherwise it just feels so dragged out IMO.

I can see the idea they were trying to do. To me it's like the other class stories (for the most part, not always) fit well in the time alotted...whereas the JC story is too short so they had to stretch it out a bit with fillers. And that's why I think it kind of drags and gets a bit boring.
Tarakona (50 IA) | Surikona (50 SW) | Norikona (50 BH) Kirakona (50 SI)
Yurikona (50 JK) | Jurikona (50 Trooper) | Kidakona (39 JC) | Kelekona (47 Smuggler)

chimunga
06.13.2012 , 06:52 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarakona View Post
I can see the idea they were trying to do. To me it's like the other class stories (for the most part, not always) fit well in the time alotted...whereas the JC story is too short so they had to stretch it out a bit with fillers. And that's why I think it kind of drags and gets a bit boring.
That's a very good way of putting it.

Gimpl
06.13.2012 , 08:23 AM | #15
I am one of the few, who thinks it's one of the best. Played through 6 stories so far (lvl50) . Compared to many others (except agent), it gave me the feel that the story itself fits to the various planets and story arcs there. I also like the interaction with your big groups of followers. But seems the more crazy or simple action story lines win the broad audience - so nothing new here. The most stupid and boring was for me the jedi and bounty hunter story.

So it's certainly not for everybody, but there a few of us out there who actually like it. I even liked all acts ^^

MasterChiang
06.13.2012 , 08:49 PM | #16
The Jedi Consular story is most suitable for those who enjoy solving mysteries. Especially for those fascinated by the Force, this story brings up many new, original concepts.

Based on my experience, one part of the story I really enjoyed was the relationship between my character and one of the masters. To me, my character formed such a strong connection with this person that I saw the relationship as being almost familial.

JMarchini
06.13.2012 , 10:14 PM | #17
Just an update, after completing Chapter 1 last night, it seems like the story is starting to pick up some, but it still rather boring. Chapter 2 is starting to have interesting ideas, but it will be interesting to see if they come to fruition. The only planet, out of the first 5 you go to that I thought was well done, was Alderaan because of what you had to do there:

Spoiler

Though this and the Agent are the only classes I have played through, I spoiled myself by playing and completing the Agent first.

chimunga
06.13.2012 , 11:51 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Gimpl View Post
I am one of the few, who thinks it's one of the best. Played through 6 stories so far (lvl50) . Compared to many others (except agent), it gave me the feel that the story itself fits to the various planets and story arcs there. I also like the interaction with your big groups of followers. But seems the more crazy or simple action story lines win the broad audience - so nothing new here. The most stupid and boring was for me the jedi and bounty hunter story.
Younno, people keep saying that it's not well-liked because it's not action packed. Actually, the reason I find it watered down is that it doesn't have enough complexity. I wish there were more subtleties to the story. I wish there was more diplomacy, and less smacking people in the face with my lightsaber. But that's just me.

Spiili
06.14.2012 , 05:59 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by chimunga View Post
Younno, people keep saying that it's not well-liked because it's not action packed. Actually, the reason I find it watered down is that it doesn't have enough complexity. I wish there were more subtleties to the story. I wish there was more diplomacy, and less smacking people in the face with my lightsaber. But that's just me.
After doing a majority of the storyline for smuggler then doing my shadow, I was disapointed in the lack of shags a Shadow gets compared to a Smuggler
Hayhá - Lethality/Engineering Hybrid Sniper
Lolzcatz - pr0smash

LKaras
06.14.2012 , 06:45 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by chimunga View Post
QFT.

For example:
Spoiler

Act 2 isn't very strong in any of the class stories, but it's especially bad for Consular.
-Karas Parsa - Sage
-Gray Council
-Keller's Void Refugee on Jedi Covenant