1.1.4 - Mortar Volley fix anytime soon?

Sandzibar

This bothers me personally...

Every one of the animation issues favors the Empire. Personally I'd like an explanation about how something like that accidentally happens?

More specifically:

How did that make it to live? I know it was reported in the early days of beta.

A lot of players have been pointing out that all of the faction balancing ability issues favor the Empire. The one that favored the Republic (double ticking the Sage heal) was emergency hot fixed.

So far:

Mortar animation

Double taps by the Imperial canons in Alderaan Warzone

Sage Project ability

All favor the Empire.

Yet there are horrific bugs that only impact the Republic.

Don't get me started on the sheer heck it was getting the +10 datacron for the Republic vs the virtual ease on the Empire side.

Yet the two issues that negatively impacted the Empire:

1. The Void Star bug.

2. Double tapping the AoE consular heal.

Were both instantly fixed. This doesn't need to wait until 1.2 this needs to be done ASAP and more effort needs to go into addressing issues the Republic has rather than addressing issues the Empire has.

Don't forget that The Juggernaut's sundering assault cooldown is 4.5 seconds while the Guardian version has a cooldown of 5 seconds.

So i see from the notes another week goes by without you tweaking the timings on Mortar Volley (Trooper) so that its the same as Death From Above (Bounty Hunter).

Cant be that hard to fix can it? And its been bug reported many many wonderful times... </lassard>

its not as if we're asking for something in the same realm of difficulty as making ilum a viable and fun endgame for PVPers.. OHSNAP

There are literally thousands of issues in the game that need addressing. What's really amazing is that everyone thinks that THEIR issue should have priority.

Sorry, as much as some feel that this animation thing with troopers is game breaking (at least in PvP) it's just going to have to wait it's turn. No game company can ever move fast enough for the masses. Proven once again.

The funny thing is he didn't say that this skill would be instant. I will laugh my *** off if the put a delay in the bh animation to match ours! Mortars don't fire and land at the same time, btw :)

It's pretty clear it's Mortar Volley which is incorrect, the damage doesn't even begin till half-way through the channel animation.

This bothers me personally...

Every one of the animation issues favors the Empire. Personally I'd like an explanation about how something like that accidentally happens?

More specifically:

How did that make it to live? I know it was reported in the early days of beta.

A lot of players have been pointing out that all of the faction balancing ability issues favor the Empire. The one that favored the Republic (double ticking the Sage heal) was emergency hot fixed.

So far:

Mortar animation

Double taps by the Imperial canons in Alderaan Warzone

Sage Project ability

All favor the Empire.

Yet there are horrific bugs that only impact the Republic.

Don't get me started on the sheer heck it was getting the +10 datacron for the Republic vs the virtual ease on the Empire side.

Yet the two issues that negatively impacted the Empire:

1. The Void Star bug.

2. Double tapping the AoE consular heal.

Were both instantly fixed. This doesn't need to wait until 1.2 this needs to be done ASAP and more effort needs to go into addressing issues the Republic has rather than addressing issues the Empire has.

I wonder if it is some conspiracy by bioware to secratly desensitse us to the evilness of those Imperials aye?

stop trolling guys

it isnt easy to fix these, they took 2 month still no clue. or at least will be for next month.

chill it

It's been more than 2 months. This has been an ongoing issue for not only Trooper, but other classes as well for many months since beta (that I was in since 6-2010). Next month? Don't get your hopes up. I don't expect 1.2 to hit PTS until early April, with a live release a few weeks after IF (big if there) it gets tested enough, which as we know is nearly impossible without enough 50's on PTS.

Yes, please. "All of" 2 months now. Patience, young padawan!

If it's such a big problem for you, you might consider rolling an alternate character as Bounty Hunter for the time being.

This issue has been reported, and discussed ad nauseum since the 11/17 Beta Build,when they broke it. It worked perfectly prior to that.

Awesome how long we have to wait for this to be fixed when this issue and FullAutos has been around for more than 2 months. It has been around since early beta.

Republic is on the bottom of their agenda.

Amusingly enough, we share at least SOME bugs with our BH bros, though they definitely have less of them.

BH's and Troopers have the same issues with cells- Ion Cell deals less damage than the tooltip, and Plasma Cell/Cylinder apparently is missing it's initial tic when applied.

I've always thought that SWTOR needed at least three months of good QA work to really get up to full speed, and now thanks to being actually in production, their priority chart for bug-squashing is all over the place.

Right now, Troopers work, though not at all "working as intended" in some cases. That keeps us off the "FIX ME RIGHT NOW NOW NOW" list.

There are literally thousands of issues in the game that need addressing. What's really amazing is that everyone thinks that THEIR issue should have priority.

Sorry, as much as some feel that this animation thing with troopers is game breaking (at least in PvP) it's just going to have to wait it's turn. No game company can ever move fast enough for the masses. Proven once again.

I have to agree. take a number and get in line welcome to Department of EA/LA/Bioware

We have a new set of animations in the development pipeline that will even the timing between the class abilities, yes.

As for timing, at the latest these new animations will roll out with the next major content patch, 1.2.

Thank you!

It's nice that we've got an official response indicating that this will get fixed.

My mortar volley 2 cents...

first cent: You can't get the reticle for either of the aoe abilities until the GCD is off. I should be able to click the hotkey while the GCD is counting and have the skill ready to go when the GDC is over.

second cent: It never fails in a warzone, (and this could only effect me and my machine) but whenever I try to use mortar volley the channel will complete, during that time no rounds will be fired and no damage will be calculated. Then a second after the channel is done and i start running around, THEN the 3 rounds start coming out and the damage starts calculating. So now I have to try and guess where my target/targets will be 6 seconds in the future to make sure my mortar does damage. unacceptable.

A day late and a dollar short.. I couldnt take my instant abilities having a 3 second animation any longer and cancelled 2 days ago. I have decided that with the piss poor (ZEROENGINE) game engine they used and the lack of bugs being quickly fixed that i wont be back.

They are rushing in new content which is all good but whats killing the subs more than anything is the bugs and the abilities all buged favoring empire. Ironic that the quick animations are all on empire side ? I wont support a developer than doesnt look at their game as a single peice of work instead of favoring the empire like they do now. It makes me sick and this game will have a few faithful who hang on and by this time next year they be lucky to have 3 servers active.

good luck

Greetings everyone,

In case you missed it, here's what Principal Lead Combat Designer Georg Zoeller had to say about the Mortar Volley animation in this week's Community Q&A:

Chyp: Can we expect to see any animation/damage timing consistency changes between factions?

Georg Zoeller (Principal Lead Combat Designer): Yes. The animation team has been working on a new set of animations for abilities like the Trooper's Mortar Volley to provide closer matching of animation timings and improved combat responsiveness. We expect to roll these changes out with Game Update 1.2.

We hope this sheds some light on the issue. Thank you for all your constructive feedback. We continue to monitor these forums to find out which topics are of high interest to our players.

• 2 weeks later...
We have a new set of animations in the development pipeline that will even the timing between the class abilities, yes.

As for timing, at the latest these new animations will roll out with the next major content patch, 1.2.

The part that worries me about this post is the "even the timing between the class abilities." Doesn't say anything about troopers getting quicker... could just mean BH's getting slower.

LOL n/m... read post above me ... posted too soon.

Edited by the_coaltrain