Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Arcann does appear gentler and 'lighter' than he has in the past, prior to his redemption. More orientated toward forgiveness, peace, doing the right thing which is pretty great for grey/light characters. I haven't romanced him but I really appreciated what he said to my PC before she went to Nathema, that honestly touched me.

However, I think if you play a very DS character, one who's blown up the Spire with that sun reactor, who did the bombing with Kaliyo, who's killed several others--a character who's been rather ruthless and unforgiving then no, what Arcann said before Nathema makes no sense. It doesn't fit that character and he should know them better than that. I'd also consider it less likely for him to be romantically interested in such a PC because they're so much of how he himself used to be and how his father was, and the opposite of the good he's striving toward.

Thing is, there is only one Arcann and one romance path. They didn't do a DS/LS version as they did with Jaesa which is understandable but it does mean that in ways, he works better with LS/Grey PCs than with the truly evil/DS ones. Anyone who'd hoped to get a partner in crime as ruthless as themselves, dark and evil as themselves, someone to enjoy creating chaos, destruction and mayhem with, they'll be disappointed because that is not this Arcann.

Arcann does appear gentler and 'lighter' than he has in the past, prior to his redemption. More orientated toward forgiveness, peace, doing the right thing which is pretty great for grey/light characters. I haven't romanced him but I really appreciated what he said to my PC before she went to Nathema, that honestly touched me.

However, I think if you play a very DS character, one who's blown up the Spire with that sun reactor, who did the bombing with Kaliyo, who's killed several others--a character who's been rather ruthless and unforgiving then no, what Arcann said before Nathema makes no sense. It doesn't fit that character and he should know them better than that. I'd also consider it less likely for him to be romantically interested in such a PC because they're so much of how he himself used to be and how his father was, and the opposite of the good he's striving toward.

Thing is, there is only one Arcann and one romance path. They didn't do a DS/LS version as they did with Jaesa which is understandable but it does mean that in ways, he works better with LS/Grey PCs than with the truly evil/DS ones. Anyone who'd hoped to get a partner in crime as ruthless as themselves, dark and evil as themselves, someone to enjoy creating chaos, destruction and mayhem with, they'll be disappointed because that is not this Arcann.

I guess they assume a completely Ds Pc wouldn't have saved him? There are a few times in game when they make the reason for you to pick a Ls/Ds option only fit one line of thinking. You just end up having to pick the lesser of two evils and head cannon around it. My Pc is Neutral alignment and still often runs into this (Base game and expansions), sometimes Light/Dark seems to translate to Naive Hypocrite/Stupid Despot. But thats the difficulty of a branching game, they can only feasibly finance so many routes, they have to choose...

I guess they assume a completely Ds Pc wouldn't have saved him? There are a few times in game when they make the reason for you to pick a Ls/Ds option only fit one line of thinking. You just end up having to pick the lesser of two evils and head cannon around it. My Pc is Neutral alignment and still often runs into this (Base game and expansions), sometimes Light/Dark seems to translate to Naive Hypocrite/Stupid Despot. But thats the difficulty of a branching game, they can only feasibly finance so many routes, they have to choose...

I can definitely understand why they chose to go with only one version of Arcann, and have tried to keep him as balanced as possible for both sides. Which he is for most part and it is only in the case of extreme DS, the evil for the sake of evil "I'm Sith mhuahaha", where he doesn't quite fit. They likely did assume those characters would not spare him (overlooking the fact they might have because he's 'sexy' or was a bad boy), so they chose the direction for him which makes most sense.

Most of my PCs are all neutral/grey. Hovering between LS 2-3 or DS 2-3 at best because some of the LS choices feel overly naive whereas many DS choices make the PC sound like a braindead psychopath. I've never been able to reach rank 5 in either direction and no matter how I headcanon, some options just feel far too cruel for me to stomach. I, as the player, get sad and feel bad so I don't do it lol.

Yes, it is very suitable for the LS option.

But in the DS version of the relationship is not based on friendship, but in the style of "master - slave." This excludes such concepts as mercy and friendship.

Dialogue for DS PCs should be based on personal gain.

Most likely, the developers think that the DS PC can not have Arcann at all. And they made only one version of the dialogue - for the LS PC.

But for the Sith to live their rage - the norm.

It turns out, Arcann refers to the "dark" PC as if he were "light".

But if you think about it, Lana is a Sith too, and she does not strike me as a selfish violent individual working in a "master-slave" way. Even her reaction if the PC leaves Theron for dead after Nathema is striking.

Lore gives a number of other examples of Sith that are not the pure bloodthirsty type. However, yes, you can play your character that way and in that case it does not realy fit.

LS, DS and light / Dark have had no meaning since SoR started, it's gotten far more complicated then that thanks to choices. Neither do "sith" and "jedi" since people play so differently and have different views of the personality and philosophy behind both. My SI is "dark" and "sith" but she's smart enough to know assets when she sees them, and she spared Arcann to make a statement to prove she isn't the "bloodthirsty ravaging madwoman conqueror" she keeps getting painted as... Because she isn't that particular kind of Sith, she has power. that's what she wanted, she didn't need to blow worlds up for it. According to Nathema that didn't work at all *rolls eyes* for any kind of commander, but she tried.

Well, thanks to this conversation I figured out why I was suspicious that Arcann was becoming too devoted to PC. Talk about cultural clash of a Sith world views and the reality in which certain things do not equal weakness and submission :p. RP much -_-.

As for "Do not kill Theron" with DS PC, Maybe Arcann would want to try to slow down Commander because they remind him of Vaylin (or himself)? There must be some goodness in them if they did not kill him. But pure DS romance makes no sense, no matter how you spin it.

But if you think about it, Lana is a Sith too, and she does not strike me as a selfish violent individual working in a "master-slave" way. Even her reaction if the PC leaves Theron for dead after Nathema is striking.

Lore gives a number of other examples of Sith that are not the pure bloodthirsty type. However, yes, you can play your character that way and in that case it does not realy fit.

Lana is somewhat of an anomaly, no? As Vorawann(sp), Acina and Marr.

I can definitely understand why they chose to go with only one version of Arcann, and have tried to keep him as balanced as possible for both sides. Which he is for most part and it is only in the case of extreme DS, the evil for the sake of evil "I'm Sith mhuahaha", where he doesn't quite fit. They likely did assume those characters would not spare him (overlooking the fact they might have because he's 'sexy' or was a bad boy), so they chose the direction for him which makes most sense.

Most of my PCs are all neutral/grey. Hovering between LS 2-3 or DS 2-3 at best because some of the LS choices feel overly naive whereas many DS choices make the PC sound like a braindead psychopath. I've never been able to reach rank 5 in either direction and no matter how I headcanon, some options just feel far too cruel for me to stomach. I, as the player, get sad and feel bad so I don't do it lol.

^^This made me laugh harder than it should have :D

Also yeah that's my general read too :) My Pc has never passed Ds/Ls 2...Yet. I don't always notice when they've gone up a tier. But it bounces back and forth.

I think my only LS 5 is my JK, maybe my JC too, but haven't touched that one for a long time.

My SI was a pure DS untill he became a Dark Councilor, he wanted power to be free, now that he is, he starts to think a bit more for others too and not only for himself (well, I guess Marr had a big impact on him).

My SW is more neutral than pure DS, he does not mind killing people or a bit of torturing either, if it benefit his goal, but he's quite calm and he's not an idiot either. And well, even if turned badly he learned quite a lot from Baras too.

My IA is more LS, though, that like my SW she does not mind killing people if it benefits her mission, but killing tons of civilians or things like that are not something she would appreciate that much.

And my BH tends to be a bit more DS but still quite neutral, killing is what she does for a living but becoming a Mandalorian and travelling with Torian changed her a bit and she somehow discovered that she can fight with honor too.

Anyways, starting from the begining of KOTFE, my DS character tends to let go of their DS tendencies, because playing KOTFE/ET as a pure DS character that always picks DS choices make them look like complete morrons with absolutely no brain (for my main characters that is)

I tried the full DS mode on a token SW and damn this guy must feel quite lonely now, because he does not have many people left around him, haven't touched him past KOTET thoug, I was at the begining of Iokath with him, but dunno if i'll ever touch him again, I don't want to kill Theron, killing Arcann and Senya was already bad enough i'm not sure i could handle killing Theron as well.

And i'd say that the LS choices on the JC sometimes are quite bordeline like messing with people mind over and over again, which does not please Tharan that much btw.

Edited by Goreshaga

I am always at Dark or light V on every character, not because of story choices chosen and actions taken but because of that toggle, and the crafting/crew missions thanks to it etc. Edited by Asmodesu

Bloodthirst has nothing to do with it.

DS does not at all mean that the character is a mad bloodthirsty maniac. He may just be a tough warrior who does not know what "mercy is to traitors" and he has no friendships with Theron. Theron is just another subordinate for him, just like Lana.

At the time of the dialogue, Arcann does not know that Theron is a double agent. He asks for a mercy for the traitor. (And this despite the fact that the "traitor" for the Sith Warrior is a trigger (he is betrayed by the whole vanilla story))

That's why my warrior's reaction was: "What?! :eek:Arcann, go to sleep! You're drunk!"

My SW started KOTFE with DS5. And all the cutscenes he was without a helmet ...

That's why he did good things with the KOTFE / KOTET. What would get rid of this terrible face.

Edited by MrJunay

My SW started KOTFE with DS5. And all the cutscenes he was without a helmet ...

That's why he did good things with the KOTFE / KOTET. What would get rid of this terrible face.

Your SW is pureblood? If so, I do understand why you would want to get rid of that "boiled shrimp" look :D.

Edited by RandomName_Ru

I am always at Dark or light V on every character, not because of story choices chosen and actions taken but because of that toggle, and the crafting/crew missions thanks to it etc.

Yeah that's why mines always toggling back and forth. I see it as a gauge on their temperament on any given day :rolleyes:.

Yeah that's why mines always toggling back and forth. I see it as a gauge on their temperament on any given day :rolleyes:.

Haha, I don't bother. the alignment was never very true to my character anyway. She also has her good and bad days xD

Your SW is pureblood? If so, I do understand why you would want to get rid of that "boiled shrimp" look :D.

Fortunately, he is a human. Unfortunately, his skin became cadaverous pale-blue. But I saw pale pink pureblood Sith.:D

At the time of the dialogue, Arcann does not know that Theron is a double agent. He asks for a mercy for the traitor. (And this despite the fact that the "traitor" for the Sith Warrior is a trigger (he is betrayed by the whole vanilla story))

That's why my warrior's reaction was: "What?! :eek:Arcann, go to sleep! You're drunk!"

Arcann does not know about all the betrayals the PC has gone through neither. Her only has his personal version of the situation coming from his own experience. And mercy does not mean being friends again with the traitor, perhaps only imprisoning him instead of killing him.

Arcann does not know about all the betrayals the PC has gone through neither. Her only has his personal version of the situation coming from his own experience. And mercy does not mean being friends again with the traitor, perhaps only imprisoning him instead of killing him.

And it turns out that in the case of the SW, Arkann accidentally step on his the sore spot.

I understand this dialogue perfectly in the case of LS, but in the case of DS ( and SW) it seems strange to me.

You know that you can remove that look if you want to?

I never hide the DS on the character because of the burning eyes. The PC usually wears a helmet (or mask) that allows you to see only the eyes.

I never hide the DS on the character because of the burning eyes. The PC usually wears a helmet (or mask) that allows you to see only the eyes.

Oh the day BW finally added red Sith eyes option to the customisation were the day my Warrior finally looked good wihout careful balancing of alignment:cool:. With long flowing hair. Yes, I know, not practical, but the Force, ok?

Edited by RandomName_Ru

Oh the day BW finally added red Sith eyes option to the customisation were the day my Warrior finally looked good wihout careful balancing of alignment:cool:. With long flowing hair. Yes, I know, not practical, but the Force, ok?

Now the eyes of the DS can be simply bought. But in those distant times, to have them, we had to do a lot of "dark" actions. And to reach DS5 was quite difficult. And the skin looked disgusting.

LS, DS and light / Dark have had no meaning since SoR started, it's gotten far more complicated then that thanks to choices. Neither do "sith" and "jedi" since people play so differently and have different views of the personality and philosophy behind both. My SI is "dark" and "sith" but she's smart enough to know assets when she sees them, and she spared Arcann to make a statement to prove she isn't the "bloodthirsty ravaging madwoman conqueror" she keeps getting painted as... Because she isn't that particular kind of Sith, she has power. that's what she wanted, she didn't need to blow worlds up for it. According to Nathema that didn't work at all *rolls eyes* for any kind of commander, but she tried.

My Sith Warrior spared Arcann and is Dark V. She did so out of spite (at first) to get back at Valkorion who saw his son as weak and worthless. Plus Valk treated the SW like garbage for being his Wrath and in that respect, she was looking for some payback on that. She is a real antagonist in terms with how she deals with people too. However, she began to gain clarity and understanding through her relationship with Theron and Arcann. Both saw more good in her than anyone ever did before. She didn't spare Quinn because she didn't want to resume a relationship with him. Her reasoning was a mercy killing was better than having him rot in prison or loiter around the base while she is smooching with another guy. If the game allowed a choice for her to say leave and don't come back, that would have been a better option but unfortunately for Quinn it didn't work out.

She fell for Theron but his betrayal brought back those dark tendencies to want him dead. She felt like it was Quinn all over again. Arcann helped her see that there are better alternatives. I actually liked this because it has allowed me to further explore and create a personality in my character that isn't all one-sided, evil and dark. She decided to romance Arcann. Now I haven't played the Nathema FP yet with her so I don't know if she will still get the romance scenes with Theron at the end. but because of Arcann, she won't kill Theron. I am curious about that.

She decided to romance Arcann. Now I haven't played the Nathema FP yet with her so I don't know if she will still get the romance scenes with Theron at the end. but because of Arcann, she won't kill Theron. I am curious about that.

From what i've seen on youtube, it seems that if you started the romance with Arcann after Umbara, and probably did not do the break up cutescene while Theron was away, you have an opportunityu to resume the romance with Theron or end it properly as he talks about his replacement.

On a side note, SW are betrayed a lot yes, but what did a DS SW do to Tremmel again ? Oh yeah he betrayed a mentor and killed him because Baras branded him as a traitor to the Empire and ordered them to kill him :rolleyes:

That little detail just came back to me.

I never really got why a mostly DS SW would not kill Quinn right after his betrayal, now I have a reason for my own SW to spare him, while he was chocking Quinn to death, he remembered that he did the same thing to his mentor, and that at that time he felt that he had no other choice.

Edited by Goreshaga

This xD . the second the sith eye colour pack came out? bam, I was all over that and recreated her because I never used the DS corruption thing, it looks hideous. Saf's meant to have done enough bad stuff in her past to get the glowy red/gold sith eyes at 13 , it was the best thing ever being able to start her with them finally ^.^

She wears a ponytail though, I'm torn now that there's a second ponytail w/ fringe option... I like them both, and I hate it!

It would actually be nice to be able to change our Force alignment so that it evolves with the character. We can't, right? Or at the very least decide on what side we want to get from our companions missions...

That's it, one of us has to change clothes or I let Lana go all Sith on ya... Agent's been wearing that since the class story prologue! fashion stealer!

I've waited too long for that.

It's why I just ignore that silly alignment thing now, since neither ever fit my main story character, nor did the 'popular' interpretation of the sith code, her philosophy was living by the code, but interpreting it differently xD

Don't need an alignment metre to know what my character is like, nor show it.