Is the recent buffs a not so subtle way of telling us we have to be healers?

NathanielStarr

Are the recent buffs a not so subtle way of telling us we have to be healers in PvP?

The healer buff may make them feasible in PvP, but the "buff" that affects DPS will make no difference.

Out of those of you that PvP that play DPS currently how many of you are changing or considering changing to heals for PvP?

I don't want to do it, but I've taken Arsenal about as far as I can and any hybrid healer seems to just be gimped on both accounts. But my future of playing the game may depend on it.

Edited by NathanielStarr

The buffs to healing are still fairly minor. They will give us a slight survivability increase and the kolto shell buff will give us some of the AOE healing we've been lacking which tends to bring our overall numbers down. I think the boost to our raw healing output will bring us more in line with the other healers as far as the scoreboard is concerned, but with that aside merc healers still need help.

Healing mercs will still suffer from exactly the same problem DPS mercs have. The skill cap is vastly higher than the other classes. We have to put in much more skill and effort to compete with, or even match some of the other classes, most of which can faceroll their keyboard and still be more effective. Not to say mercs can't be competitive even in their current state though. I firmly believe they can, but only the exceptional players/teams make that cut and just barely.

But to answer the original question, if you're used to playing Arsenal I would just stick with it. The pushback changes are a joke, but at least it's something. Its not worth switching to a spec you'd rather not play when its buffs were also so minimal. I would actually argue healing mercs are still in a worse position than DPS mercs to be honest.

Either way I would just stick at it and hope the pushback changes make more of a difference than you expect. It has been known to happen.

I play arsenal and last night I decimated the republic on prophecy of the five in the void star warzone. You just have to pick your battles and be aware of your surroundings in pvp.The minor pushback buff will help to some degree, and as the prior response stated, stick with whatever your comfortable playing with. Good Hunting.

I play arsenal and last night I decimated the republic on prophecy of the five in the void star warzone. You just have to pick your battles and be aware of your surroundings in pvp.The minor pushback buff will help to some degree, and as the prior response stated, stick with whatever your comfortable playing with. Good Hunting.

Plus, I don't care what your class or spec is...

If you get surrounded by four or five enemies and there's no help coming, there isn't all that much that can be done.

Nice played but you should refer to the most challenging pvp: the ranked. I bet some credit you will not have the same success there :(

How can you survive having a foucs of 3 ? In full Obroan, if you spend your ccn quite often you will not have chance to fire 1 Tracer Missile.

What we need is a skill like the Operative roll (Jetpack?)