Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: January 30th, 2018

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: January 30th, 2018
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Khaleg
01.30.2018 , 12:53 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Good questions!

This is an intended change so that the server status page matches the in-game interface for server select which we changed a few months ago. With the previous in-game change and now the web change, we ultimately removed two columns:
  • Server population - This column was fairly misleading due to the way in which it generated its value. The value it displayed was the current population relative to the total population cap. This often created situations where servers with more players would actually show as lighter than a less populated server due to its pop relative to its hardware cap. For that reason we removed it altogether.
  • Server type - Since we made the change where a player can be in any instance type, we no longer have specified server types. We similarly removed this column so it wouldn't falsely impact a player's server choice.
If someone was using a widget to get that information from our site previously, they should just need to adjust it for the missing columns.

Hope that clears up any confusion!

-eric

Ok, thanks for the answers Eric.

The widget I was referring to was just a Server up/down widget though (see http://tcf.enjin.com at up left). And it still doesn't work anymore, shows the server offline while it is online. This could be an IP change or some firewall in your data center blocking it from outside or something. Do you have any idea about that? It worked until before today's patch.

kind regards

Frank
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

Glzmo
01.30.2018 , 12:58 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleg View Post
Ok, thanks for the answers Eric.

The widget I was referring to was just a Server up/down widget though (see http://tcf.enjin.com at up left). And it still doesn't work anymore, shows the server offline while it is online. This could be an IP change or some firewall in your data center blocking it from outside or something. Do you have any idea about that? It worked until before today's patch.

kind regards

Frank
Indeed all Enjin sites that used the widget are affected. Would Bioware please be so kind and contact Enjin and tell them how to fix it?

kodrac
01.30.2018 , 01:20 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
Indeed all Enjin sites that used the widget are affected. Would Bioware please be so kind and contact Enjin and tell them how to fix it?
Sounds like an Enjin problem not a BioWare problem.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Iíd find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

DarthSpuds
01.30.2018 , 01:47 PM | #34
Good questions!

This is an intended change so that the server status page matches the in-game interface for server select which we changed a few months ago. With the previous in-game change and now the web change, we ultimately removed two columns:
  • Server population - This column was fairly misleading due to the way in which it generated its value. The value it displayed was the current population relative to the total population cap. This often created situations where servers with more players would actually show as lighter than a less populated server due to its pop relative to its hardware cap. For that reason we removed it altogether.

-eric
You honestly expect us to believe that?

You removed the Server Population column so there was one less way for players and, more importantly, potential players to see just how bad the health of the game is.

Pretending otherwise is like pretending you didn't know the West Coast Servers were going the way of the Dodo.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

grumpehcat
01.30.2018 , 02:04 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Avianatorsparkma View Post
I do. I have completed everything... KOTFE, KOTET and Iokath. I have done EVERY previous companion alert ( I have them all) and I also did the Umbara and Traitor among the Chiss flashpoint quests. Nevertheless the Andronikus return is not triggered for my sorc.

As mentioned before it's probably due to the fact that I got Andronikus back from the Odessen terminal some months ago.
I got Andronikos back from the terminal not long after KOTFE launched--I ran my main sorc first. I didn't have a problem receiving the quest. Submit a ticket perhaps?

Gamemaron
01.30.2018 , 04:07 PM | #36
Good questions!

• Server type - Since we made the change where a player can be in any instance type, we no longer have specified server types. We similarly removed this column so it wouldn't falsely impact a player's server choice.
If someone was using a widget to get that information from our site previously, they should just need to adjust it for the missing columns.

-eric
Hi Eric,

Just a short thing about your Ąnewď server-status-page and the removal of server types:
While it may be clear with us-servers which language they are, I think itís more complicated for European servers, because all 3 European servers have different languages.
Now, with the changed server-status-page, if a new European player looks there to see which server matches his language, and doesnít know beforehand which server is which, he just canít see/tell it. Meaning a French/German/English players who donít speak one word German/English/French has a huge possibility (of 2:3) to end up on the wrong server.
So maybe it would be better to at least add the language-column back?

Kind regards and sorry for any grammatically weird english wording
Gamemaron

ExarSun
01.30.2018 , 04:14 PM | #37
G[list][*]Server population - This column was fairly misleading due to the way in which it generated its value. The value it displayed was the current population relative to the total population cap. This often created situations where servers with more players would actually show as lighter than a less populated server due to its pop relative to its hardware cap. For that reason we removed it altogether.

-eric
Funny thing how this thing is only being made clear now, and until this moment evidently wasn't a problem. Funny coincidence.....At least move back the language info for the EU servers.

Tromador
01.30.2018 , 05:31 PM | #38

Server type - Since we made the change where a player can be in any instance type, we no longer have specified server types. We similarly removed this column so it wouldn't falsely impact a player's server choice.
Will this not have the effect that new players who enjoy primarily PvE may go to a server full of people who live in PvP instances (on account of being former "PvP server" players) and potentially find grouping a problem?

DarkMoonAngel
01.30.2018 , 05:56 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Avianatorsparkma View Post
I do. I have completed everything... KOTFE, KOTET and Iokath. I have done EVERY previous companion alert ( I have them all) and I also did the Umbara and Traitor among the Chiss flashpoint quests. Nevertheless the Andronikus return is not triggered for my sorc.

As mentioned before it's probably due to the fact that I got Andronikus back from the Odessen terminal some months ago.
I'm having the same problem and have been wondering if that could be it and what could be done.
Death Is Only The Beginning!

Khaleg
01.31.2018 , 01:36 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Sounds like an Enjin problem not a BioWare problem.
That is not a correct assumption/not the right way to view this. Bioware changed something in yesterday's patch that made it not work. Something Enjin might not know or can't even figure out on its own (if its not a simple IP change) so it's a good idea that Bioware explains what has changed so Enjin can fix that. I already wrote a ticket to Enjin to make them aware of the problem.
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude