Bugtown...HOW do I get there?

PenguinPerson

Run. :jawa_tongue: When all else fails, use your feet. If you use your map and have it identify taxis or binding points (both of which are generally close together), that should help, though mainly for the way back.

EDIT: Just realized there's an actual Bug Town and you weren't talking about the hole-in-the-ground place. When I unlocked the speeder (-1553, 1284) in Vanguard Outpost, it gave me access to the travel route to Bug Town.

Edited by CitizenSith

• 10 months later...
For imperials you need to explore the areas to the left of the map. There is a small outpost to the far left call Still Water Bend that has a speeder flight to Bugtown

Somehow, I think that 11 months after the question was posed (December 2011), the OP has either found Bugtown, or has given up on the task.

(Please take a moment to look at posting dates and consider whether a response would be timely.)

• 3 weeks later...
Somehow, I think that 11 months after the question was posed (December 2011), the OP has either found Bugtown, or has given up on the task.

(Please take a moment to look at posting dates and consider whether a response would be timely.)

Believe it or not, the OP may not be the only person looking for this information. Regardless of when the question was posed, if someone has a helpful response it may help people who come looking for it later.

Believe it or not, the OP may not be the only person looking for this information. Regardless of when the question was posed, if someone has a helpful response it may help people who come looking for it later.

Exactly. Especially since people like to say, "did you do a forum search before posting?"

You have to unlock the bonus series to get to bugtown. I am not sure if it is a quest or level that unlocks it, but it normally hops up as a travel point automatically when I am about 3/4's of the way done with normal questing. It will be obvious when hitting up a travel point because its way off the beaten path. Once you get there, make sure you get the special key from the vendor across the river.

• 1 month later...
On Imp side - I just gained access to Bugtown from simply unlocking the Vanguard Outpost Skyhopper in the Markaran Plains on the Western side of Balmorra. I had ONLY completed story quests and the ([Heroic 4] Assembly Line). I believe that no quest progress is required to make it to bug town.

• 6 months later...
The hint is that you have to be on the bonus series for the taxi to bug town to unlock. That is the only way there, you can't walk there.

http://feature.mmosite.com/swtor/inquisitor_datacron_guide_balmora.shtml

I just found this post as I was searching for the path to bugtown....

Out of date posts do come up during google searches. Dont bash the guy for responding.

• 1 year later...
On Imp side - I just gained access to Bugtown from simply unlocking the Vanguard Outpost Skyhopper in the Markaran Plains on the Western side of Balmorra. I had ONLY completed story quests and the ([Heroic 4] Assembly Line). I believe that no quest progress is required to make it to bug town.

I confirm it.

Out of date posts do come up during google searches.

With this thread, the problem is not that it is "out of date". Nothing about how to get there has ever changed over the years.

The problem is that there are too many wrong answers.

The hint is that you have to be on the bonus series for the taxi to bug town to unlock. That is the only way there.

This completely wrong.

You do not have to be on bonus series for anything to unlock.

The speeder route will unlock whenever you find the one other travel point where the speeder from Bugtown connects to. What missions you're on or have done have absolutely nothing to do with it.

The bonus series missions will lead you there eventually, if you follow where the missions take you to, but they are not required to unlock anything.

One can travel there at any time they want regardless of what missions they have or have not done.

All is needed is to explore the west part of the map until one finds the travel point that connects the other speeders to bug town.

• 4 months later...
Surprise! :eek: ...this forum still helps for Imperials, as in today w/ my BH. Never ran the bonus series (and didn't need to for this datacron). I never unlocked Vanguard Outpost when I ran the planet for class story and could not find any way to Bugtown by ground. Just had to head west and find Vanguard Outpost (as previous poster mentioned)...it's the only taxi to take an Imp to Bugtown. Got the datacron for my collection only because of this forum answer...even the amazing SWTOR-Spy datacron page wasn't clear on this point.

• 4 years later...