New best in slot relic.

btw the obroan SA relic is now completely broken... doesn't proc at all (Even if it's the only relic you have equipped)

Do you have it equipped in the 2nd relic slot?

It seems, if you have two SA relics equipped, only the one in the first slot does proc while the relic in the 2nd slot gets completely locked out. But when you remove the relic from 1st slot, the relic in the 2nd slot is still disabled.

You have to re-equip it to fix this.

the main stat proc is proccing every 20 seconds right now, which makes it comprable to power proc.

Does it proc with the SA relic right now too? I have a relic token and am on the fence about which of my relics to upgrade.

I am a madness sorc. Currently I use Underworld Bounless Ages/SA combo for PvE. If the SA relic and Main Stat relic can proc independently I may upgrade to that over my power click...

feedback appreciated!

Does it proc with the SA relic right now too? I have a relic token and am on the fence about which of my relics to upgrade.

I am a madness sorc. Currently I use Underworld Bounless Ages/SA combo for PvE. If the SA relic and Main Stat relic can proc independently I may upgrade to that over my power click...

feedback appreciated!

It does, I'm in the same boat and have been parsing with the 2, I've found that the main stat relic isn't too bad surprisingly and depending on RNG I parse higher with it than the BA. However, its not working as the tooltip says at the moment and if it gets fixed it may change that completely. I'm also a combat sentinel so no heals or skill tree bonus. I've been doing above 3400 with both along with above 3500 depending on RNG, I wish there was some math to help me decide.

Edited by TrillOG-

I went ahead and bought the DF Main Stat Proc relic. I didn't augment it yet and took it for a quick parse. I am just about where I parse with an aug'd BA, just less burst, for obvious reasons. I would expect my parse to be a bit higher with the augment in.

I wish there was some math to help me decide.

Here, I found this during my search today. it should help you too.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=648556

Edited by LeenPonyD

Yes, Main Stat proc Dread Forged seems to be a nice choice for second relic, especially for classes with mainstat bonus via skill tree (as stated, it does not proc every 40 sec as in the description, but every 20 sec).

On the other hand, Kell Dragon internal force damage proc is great also for force users (there currently is no internal/elemental tech equivalent), especially for sentinels who do not have an increased strength talent. It is arguable that for combat sents with 40% armor penetration uptime, kinetic force damage proc is even better.

This is, of course if you do not want to have a power click relic as second option.

Edited by atschai

Are all the main stat on proc relics working like this? Going off every 20 seconds? Or just the dread forged?

I am debating getting the ranked PvP one since I have not even done one boss in HMDP which is the Op that drops the relic token for DF. Ranked is the same # on the proc as DF

I did parsing for Underworld Serendipitous Relic and the Arkanian Mainstat boost.

#1 Found that the arkanian Mainstat boost relic popped more frequently then advertised.

#2 Did not interfere with The UW SA relic... both proc'd without issue.

#3 I seem to be doing better on parsing without a second UW SA.

Theoretically, Mainstat also procs on heals and damage simultaneously same as Kell Dragon SA and below.

You can use SA and FR together, one each.

Keep in mind that Dread Forged and Orbroan SA do not proc on heals AND damage at the same time, FR does.

I've done the math on those:

Kell Dragon SA with self-heal, Uptime increased to 48%: 316 AP/120 DPS

Underworld SA with self-heal, 48% uptime: 291 AP/111 DPS

Arkanian SA with self-heal, 48% uptime: 269 AP/102 DPS

Dread Forged SA : 209 AP/79 DPS

Kell Dragon SA: 198 AP/75 DPS

Obroan SA: 191 AP/73 DPS

Underworld SA: 182 AP/69 DPS

Arkanian SA: 168 AP/64 DPS

Dread Forged FR, self-heal, uptime 70% with 9% Mainstatstat: 211 AP/80 DPS

Dread Forged FR, self-heal, uptime 70% : 197 AP/75 DPS

Obroan FR, self-heal, uptime 70% with 9% Mainstatstat: 194 AP/74 DPS

Obroan Forged FR, self-heal, uptime 70%: 180 AP/68 DPS

Kell Dragon internal damage proc: 173 AP/66 DPS

Kell Drache kinetic: 163 AP/62 DPS

Kell Drache kinetic, Combat, armor pen: 185 AP/70 DPS

Dread Forged AP Klick: 162 AP/62 DPS

Kell Dragon AP Klick: 151 AP/57 DPS

Edited by atschai

I spent the day testing relics on my combat sent.

After 20 or so parses, here's what averaged out best for me(1st slot relic is obroan SA)

Underworld Relic of Kinetic Tempest>Conqueror Relic of Kinetic Tempest>Obroan main stat relic(which is broken on sents, providing a 12 sec. uptime every 20 seconds instead of 40)>Dread Forged relic of Boundless Ages>EW relic of boundless ages

For me, the kinetic force dmg proc relics really outshined everything. I don't have the Kell dragon version, but from my testing, I'd say it's the second BiS. The Mainstat relic and the Dreadforged power click were just about on par with each other, assuming you have 100% uptime on cd w/ the power click. Lastly, EWH static 120 pwr, was dead last, about 200 dps behind the others.