Let The Community Fix This Game

Farleft

So we all know that SWTOR is going F2P and while some are enraged by this and some are ok with it, I think we can all agree that the game is going F2P because it's just not doing well. I've recently read that the current Sub totals are around 500k. That's a huge drop from the 1.7 million that were here at launch. In fact what that equates to is an over 70% total drop in the player population. When the reports came out that the game had dropped to 1.2 million In February there was a slight call for alarm, though alot of people contested (Not me) that the decline was natutal for an MMO to drop subs after the first couple months. Yeah thats true but 500k in 2 months is bad and now with 1.2 million after just 8 months is even worse. Quite simply this game is about to fail and F2P is a clear indication of that. Now it's true that F2P could revitalize the game, but thats a bandade quick fix to what is truly alot of major and glaring problems. So the point of this thread is to let Bioware and EA know what we want and what they can do to keep the rest of us around and hopefully bring more people in.

Here are some thoughts

1. Create new armor - The armor and gear in this game is horrible. Most of it looks junky and clunky and the color schemes are aweful. I honestly dont understand why its easier to find blue, pink and purple colored gear than black. One quick fix to that can be to allow people to choose the color of their gear. I'm not talking about matching pants and gloves to the chest I'm talking about full color customiozation.

2. Return to the old manner of crafting gear - I among others were ticked off when the new augmentation system came out and as I said then after 1.3 this will cost the game subs and lead to F2P. What I mean by this is if orange gear is critted on during the crafting process make the augment slot MK-6 not just equal to the items lvl.

3. Make space combat interesting and worthwhile - Let's face it space combat in this game sucks. It;s basically like the old Sega game AfterBurner in space. Let people actually fly their ships with engaging combat that is somewhat realistic. In other words a cockpit view where I'm not destroying 100 enemy ships in 3 minutes. The current system is a joke. Also, make the rewards wothwhile. I could care less about fleet commendations when there isnt anything worth buying with them. And please don't say I can use them for starship upgrades, bc I'd only be upgrading my ship for something that I don't want to do in the first place.

4. Add new alien species - Nobody wants the Thundercats. So create something like Ithorians, Wookies, Rodians, Weequays, etc... Give us something we've seen in Star Wars and actually want to play.

5. Create crafting missions that actually require the character to get the materials needed for the items themselves. (EX: maybe I have to go to an asteroid to mine some kind of ore or have to kill some smuggler who has a limited supply of an underworld good. Create smuggling missions for smugglers, where they are paid to retrieve and transport illegal contraband and Bounty missions for BH's.

I have other ideas, but would like to leave some room for other poeple's thoughts. So please anyone who wants this game to survive and maybe even thrive please post any ideas that you might have on how the game can be improved.

I think the community has made a bunch of post on how to fix this. But they rather have a couple of dev's who failed at their last MMO do it instead, even though the community's (okay some of them) ideas sound great. And yeah, they never listened to us before, why start now?

Do you see that link at the top of the forum that says 'Suggestion Box'?

Yeah.

Also, if you had done a simple search, of the Suggestion Box, you would see everything you posted already there... multiple times.

Thanks I actually didn't see that. Of course you could have just said hey there's a a place to submit threads like this, but youy chose to be an ******e. Congrats

I think the community has made a bunch of post on how to fix this. But they rather have a couple of dev's who failed at their last MMO do it instead, even though the community's (okay some of them) ideas sound great. And yeah, they never listened to us before, why start now?

youde think the suggestion box would be a place where if something generates enougth buzz the dev would have said ok well work on it.

but no it is really a place for us to go so bioware can ignore us.

youde think the suggestion box would be a place where if something generates enougth buzz the dev would have said ok well work on it.

but no it is really a place for us to go so bioware can ignore us.

This is the truth.

Your 100% right, which is why Im probably going to unsub soon and play Secret World. But figured I'd throw some hope out there. But your right the Dev's have ignored the community and this game is F'd and probably won't be around much longer.

which is why Im probably going to unsub soon and play Secret World.

OR, you could do like I do, stay subbed and play both games. You would be surprised how much better an MMO is if you don't constantly play the same MMO over and over day after day. SWTOR and TSW are so different that moving between them keeps them both refreshing IMO.

Just a suggestion, to consider.

Edited by Andryah

OR, you could do like I do, stay subbed and play both games. You would be surprised how much better an MMO is if you don't constantly play the same MMO over and over day after day. SWTOR and TSW are so different that moving between them keeps them both refreshing IMO.

Just a suggestion, to consider.

Yeah I agree with you, but I just don't have enough time to play more than one game at a time. Besides I know I would be happy playing just TOR if they would fix all the crap in it.

Do you see that link at the top of the forum that says 'Suggestion Box'?

Yeah.

Also, if you had done a simple search, of the Suggestion Box, you would see everything you posted already there... multiple times.

Oh yeah, This is a general discussion forum right. Well this is a general discussion not a simple suggestion so pisss off.

They do not care what they players want, they just want quick money.

They told the full time beta players they really did not care what we had to say, we were there to find bugs that they knew what they were going to do with the game and it would be great...

See how well ignoring their market worked for them.

They do not care what they players want, they just want quick money.

They told the full time beta players they really did not care what we had to say, we were there to find bugs that they knew what they were going to do with the game and it would be great...

See how well ignoring their market worked for them.

Lol, I didn't get the Beta, but are you serious. This is Bioware's first MMO, the least they could have done was listen to the Beta Subs. Unbelievable.

Lol, I didn't get the Beta, but are you serious. This is Bioware's first MMO, the least they could have done was listen to the Beta Subs. Unbelievable.

they told us that more then once, i evens tarted in beta over a year ago... they told us they did not care about what we thought that we were there to find bugs.

they told us that more then once, i evens tarted in beta over a year ago... they told us they did not care about what we thought that we were there to find bugs.

This is a perfect example of why Lucas Arts should have never given this game to Bioware and EA in the first place. They have no idea what they are doing with an online game.

[snip]

Here are some thoughts

1. Create new armor - The armor and gear in this game is horrible. Most of it looks junky and clunky and the color schemes are aweful. I honestly dont understand why its easier to find blue, pink and purple colored gear than black. One quick fix to that can be to allow people to choose the color of their gear. I'm not talking about matching pants and gloves to the chest I'm talking about full color customiozation.

100% agree

2. Return to the old manner of crafting gear - I among others were ticked off when the new augmentation system came out and as I said then after 1.3 this will cost the game subs and lead to F2P. What I mean by this is if orange gear is critted on during the crafting process make the augment slot MK-6 not just equal to the items lvl.

Neutral on this. Personally I'm enjoying how available these augments are.

3. Make space combat interesting and worthwhile - Let's face it space combat in this game sucks. It;s basically like the old Sega game AfterBurner in space. Let people actually fly their ships with engaging combat that is somewhat realistic. In other words a cockpit view where I'm not destroying 100 enemy ships in 3 minutes. The current system is a joke. Also, make the rewards wothwhile. I could care less about fleet commendations when there isnt anything worth buying with them. And please don't say I can use them for starship upgrades, bc I'd only be upgrading my ship for something that I don't want to do in the first place.

There were plans to make a revamp of space, no idea what the status of it is now

4. Add new alien species - Nobody wants the Thundercats. So create something like Ithorians, Wookies, Rodians, Weequays, etc... Give us something we've seen in Star Wars and actually want to play.

Actually sinse Beta people ahve been begging for Cathar, so please, next time don't speak for the imaginary people who are under the label "nobody;" many, many people DO want Cathar.

5. Create crafting missions that actually require the character to get the materials needed for the items themselves. (EX: maybe I have to go to an asteroid to mine some kind of ore or have to kill some smuggler who has a limited supply of an underworld good. Create smuggling missions for smugglers, where they are paid to retrieve and transport illegal contraband and Bounty missions for BH's.

We are able to do this for the most part you know..

I have other ideas, but would like to leave some room for other poeple's thoughts. So please anyone who wants this game to survive and maybe even thrive please post any ideas that you might have on how the game can be improved.

2 cents and another +1 to suggest this gets moved to the proper Suggestion Box forum

2 cents and another +1 to suggest this gets moved to the proper Suggestion Box forum

I'm not sure what you mean by "Snip", but as far as the crafting goes you can still keep the augment tools, while keeping the critting on crafted gear worthwhile. I admit I engaged in Hyperbole as far as the Thundercats go, but I would argue that far more people would rather see STAR WARS aliens instead. Finally I'm talking about interactive crafting and class based missions, not just sending your companions away to go do stuff for you. In other words at least in regards to crafting, the mission is so important that you yourself need to take care of it.

This is all I hear about. Beta tester's pointed out a bunch of bugs, that never got fixed. And after playing this game since launch, the bugs that I know of still exist. Even though they have been reported plenty of times. So I dont doubt it, in fact I put even more faith into what a Beta tester would say because of it.

Beta Tester: So umm, I found this bug when you do such and such.

BioWare: That's cool, whatever.

Beta Tester: You're not going to fix it?

BioWare: We already know it's there.

Beta Tester: So you're not going to fix it?

BioWare: OMG We know what we're doing. Relax we helped make Warhammer.

Beta Tester: ...That game that failed?

BioWare: ...

Today, it's pretty much the same. Bug's are reported. Bug's are reported in the next patch as being fixed. 2 minutes later after update, player's discover the bugs are not fixed.

But, I digress. I really want to contribute to the topic.. Gotta admit I have to agree with the OP. Especially the armor, horrible. Good thing we can move mods around as I do not want to look like a freaking swamp monster. Sorry for derailing your thread. But previous experience mentioned above, have made me a cynic towards this game, the devs, and thus its future.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Snip", but as far as the crafting goes you can still keep the augment tools, while keeping the critting on crafted gear worthwhile. I admit I engaged in Hyperbole as far as the Thundercats go, but I would argue that far more people would rather see STAR WARS aliens instead. Finally I'm talking about interactive crafting and class based missions, not just sending your companions away to go do stuff for you. In other words at least in regards to crafting, the mission is so important that you yourself need to take care of it.

I think he did it take take out the beginning of your original post, and using [snip] to signify that it was not the full original post. He just cut some of it out to save space and to get to the meat of the discussion. As I tend to do [...] to parts of quotes I have cut out to save space on a forum page.

Here are some thoughts

None of ur list we care,

TOR need the new story content,

all endgame is grinding,

that's why ppl left,

grind is proved that most ppl dont want it,

yet BW is still blind.

None of ur list we care,

TOR need the new story content,

all endgame is grinding,

that's why ppl left,

grind is proved that most ppl dont want it,

yet BW is still blind.

Yeah, I'm not sure what you mean. I suppose you might be right that the end game is lacking, but before BW goes investing hundreds of millions of dollars for more mundane conversations, they need to fix other issues first. And if your saying noone cares about my list, thats fine they can add their own thoughts thats what the thread is for, but I know for a fact that alot of people do care about the things I mentioned. You should read more threads.

This is a perfect example of why Lucas Arts should have never given this game to Bioware and EA in the first place. They have no idea what they are doing with an online game.

Bioware was not the issue honestly, Bioware made the best Star War games to ever see the light of day. The issue was EZ and the expectations they expected with the restrictions they put on Bioware.

EA has taken the best game RPG game maker and ruined it.

This game is beyond fixing. It can't be fixed. They hamstringed themselves durring development.

They needed to build an engine rather than use an outdated one, that was mistake #1 and it just steamrolled from there.

I truely believe the game was ment to go to F2P from the start, hence all the instancing and most all areas cut off by choak points. This makes it fairly simple to charge people to enter the area. probally why they designed it mostly on rails... skinny ones at that. "You want to enter this area?... go to the cartel (game store) and pay for it."

EA/BW were deceptive from the start. Then they launch the game without actually finishing it and working out the bugs. I am not talking about the little nuances like headgear not fitting twiliks etc. I am talking about major bugs that we as beta testers have reported since beta started.

Then instead of uping the server cap they rented/bought way too many servers. Then took way too long to transfer/merge etc. Wonder how many tens of thousands decided to leave because of dead servers. No one should be forced to reroll on another server due to server mismanagement.

Then we come to the heart of the problem... MMORPG???? Really? where is the MMO portion? This is a Single Player RPG with limited Co-Op features. Anyone that says different is deluding themselves or not being honest. I think this is one of the major reasons that people unsubbed. Most of us play an MMO for the community, grouping, and for quite a bit of ppl PvP. It's Star Wars for crying out loud... where is the PvP... warzones? Really? I shouldn't have to que up to go and kill me some repubs or imps. Every world is soposidly contested in one form or another. Where is the World PvP... non-existant.

Speaking about contested worlds... Every planet has the same exact problem. Some type of rebellion. It may be a civil war, or one Hutt taking out his former boss, etc. the imps back one side and the repubs back the other. Both work the shadows, even after you finish your class quests and it's full out war. The people incharge can't lead themselves to the bathroom without getting lost, nevermind a planet. Oh and you are the only person in the galaxy that can fix it. Apparently incompetence is running wild on both imp and repub sides. How about some varity.

All this is just the tip of the iceberg. Fanboys will flame me for telling the truth... the game just fails in most areas. The concept of voice acting everything is commendable. Truely it is. But they wasted too much money, time and other resources developing it. They forgot about the rest of the damn game. Space combat... anyone? What a total waste. ther is no Star (space combat) or Wars (world PvP) in this game. It's just the name, a few colorful glowing swords and a whole lot of nothing. Could of been great but they screwed it up.

All these things and more doomed this game. It was set up in such a way that it couldn't succeed. Now comes F2P in hopes it will save the investment. Again if you look at how every world is set up with choak points etc, it's a no brainer that they fully intended for F2P to be the end model. All F2P does is delay the enevitable. Content starts to roll out with longer waits. Most of it will be store content stuff anyways. might as well just cut your losses. Oh forgot to mention... the community will go straight down hill. Always does. The influx of immature 9-23 year olds will greatly screw up the in game, to include chat/LFG. You think gold spammers are bad, just wait. It always happens, and will this time too.

This is just my 2 credits worth. Unfortunately for the fanboys and those with rose collored glasses... it's true. Just because a person denies the truth, it dosen't make it a lie. It's still the truth. The game was designed to not be fixable. In order to fix it, they need to go back to the design table. From scratch. Spend another 7 years and 150 million bucks.

Flame on.

Thanks I actually didn't see that. Of course you could have just said hey there's a a place to submit threads like this, but youy chose to be an ******e. Congrats

I wouldn't worry about it, Suggestion Box is where topics are sent to be ignored and die.

Bioware was not the issue honestly, Bioware made the best Star War games to ever see the light of day. The issue was EZ and the expectations they expected with the restrictions they put on Bioware.

EA has taken the best game RPG game maker and ruined it.

They made one Star Wars single-player game and a flawed MMO. KotOR was a typical Bioware "go to these 4 locations in any order to find Macguffins, have a romance along the way, fight big boss, end.' The final fight ranged from mind-numbingly simple to near-impossible depending on what Force powers you chose as you leveled, making the game either a lottery or pointless once you learned the 'right' skills to take.

Apparently this game doesn't recognize evil Revan at all, which makes that storyline in KotOR (one of two) pointless- just like apparently Revan and Bastila got together, which makes female Revans pointless (as well as male ones that didn't romance Her Highness). Makes me wonder why SWTOR gives dark side points for romance given how the Shan women sleep around (and Satele is supposed to be my spiritual leader? Didn't she have an illegitimate child she abandonded?)

EA ruined Bioware? More like they ruined themselves by creating the same story ever since (all Bioware games since have had the same story with a new skin-including the same lack of impact from choices made in the previous installment).