Staged Rollout Was A Win For Me

SlyJeff

So I got in last night, despite not pre-ordering until December. I thought I'd get 1 day at best, so I thought it was great to be able to log in and play last night.

No queue, no lag, no problem competing with other players for mobs and quests- I enjoyed the four hours I got to play and was glad two of them were not spent waiting in queue.

I know different people have different values, but for my money I'd rather have an enjoyable few first hours later than a crummy few hours at the same time as everyone else. This was so much more fun than the WoW expansion launches I've experienced (I wasn't in for WoW vanilla).

And if Dec 20 ends up being a rough time, I'll just log and give it a day- I'll probably need a break by then anyway.

I know I'm not going to change the minds of the people who are mad they didn't get in with everyone else, but I'll say this anyway: if you allow the good fortune of others to damper the enjoyment you get out of something, the only one being hurt is you. If you can learn to live with unfairness and consider the deal you get on its own merits, you will be much happier in life. This is true for so much more than video games, so for your own sake think about it. If you some day end up with a 100K job you'd do for 75K, don't get upset when you find out someone else is getting 110K- that kind of stuff will always happen because life isn't fair, and no matter how angry you get it won't change the way the world works. But if you change YOU, then you'll be content whatever the situation.

A pre-order costs the same as buying the game after the 20th. Getting to play even one day in advance for simply putting down a down-payment of $5 is a pretty good deal- you aren't giving up much and you are getting a lot. If some people got a better deal, that doesn't change that you still got a good deal.