stuck on installing..

MisterGuru

hi after the maintenance shutdown yesterday, i was able to play the game with no problem and since leaving and finishing work im unable to play star wars.. at first it was stuck on initializing, and after messing about with the properties changing things to true instead of false im not stuck on installing at 0%.

Ive also tried to repair the launcher and uninstalled and reinstalled with nothing really helping the situation.

can someone help :D

hi, ive tried that and nothing happens unfortunately, its more annoying because i was playing fine yesterday. it's still stuck on 0%

Try this:

Open the Task Manager.

Make sure BRSptsvc.exe and brw.exe aren't running, if they are, kill them both.

Go to your SWTOR directory and delete the Bit Raider folder, this should force the launcher to verify the next time you start it.

Hope it works this time.

Try this:

Open the Task Manager.

Make sure BRSptsvc.exe and brw.exe aren't running, if they are, kill them both.

Go to your SWTOR directory and delete the Bit Raider folder, this should force the launcher to verify the next time you start it.

Hope it works this time.

it says network error while installing patch date.. retrying (310)

and under that it says downloading English video 1 1.68gb remaining, but nothing is downloading

it says network error while installing patch date.. retrying (310)

and under that it says downloading English video 1 1.68gb remaining, but nothing is downloading

Now it sounds like a connection issue, there is a log folder in the game folder check the most recent launcher log file for ERROR messages.

Now it sounds like a connection issue, there is a log folder in the game folder check the most recent launcher log file for ERROR messages.

its strange after it froze on the error 310, i deleted it and reinstalled it and now its just stuck on initialzing download.. but with it being newly installed i havent messed about with the true false bit thing and the error messages are

2019-06-26 09:58:25 ERROR Version file doesn't match any version in patch manifest: patcher2017 (e212)

2019-06-26 09:58:25 ERROR Deleting D:\Star Wars-The Old Republic\patcher2017.version, and trying again.

2019-06-26 09:58:55 ERROR patching file to same version?

2019-06-26 09:59:26 ERROR Failed to initialize BitRaider query mapping.

2019-06-26 09:59:26 ERROR Failed to initialize BitRaider query mapping.

Edited by MisterGuru

At least it's not a connection issue sounds more like a communication error, if it's newly installed set the BitRaider Mini-Support Service back to Automatic again as described in the link i posted initially.

When you say "true/false thing" do you mean you tried to switch to the non-streaming launcher?

At least it's not a connection issue sounds more like a communication error, if it's newly installed set the BitRaider Mini-Support Service back to Automatic again as described in the link i posted initially.

When you say "true/false thing" do you mean you tried to switch to the non-streaming launcher?

i have teamviewer and you're welcome to try it for yourself if you wanted haha and yeah i saw a few posts saying go into the launcher settings and change something from false to true and try that, when i do that, that is when it comes up with error 310 and the bitraider is set to automatic :)

i have teamviewer and you're welcome to try it for yourself if you wanted haha and yeah i saw a few posts saying go into the launcher settings and change something from false to true and try that, when i do that, that is when it comes up with error 310 and the bitraider is set to automatic :)

You mean this? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/Guide-How-to-Switch-to-Non-Streaming-Launcher/td-p/4867417 are you certain you followed it to the letter because if you did you shouldn't see errors related to Bit Raider.

You mean this? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/Guide-How-to-Switch-to-Non-Streaming-Launcher/td-p/4867417 are you certain you followed it to the letter because if you did you shouldn't see errors related to Bit Raider.

i followed it perfectly and it said the error patching 301 and downloading video 1. i reinstalled it again and its just initialzing download again.. im thinking im doomed.. i have team viewer if you're wanting to try it, but nothing seems to be working

Edited by MisterGuru

The only things i'm left with are the most obvious ones you probably already tried, namely try running the launcher repair utility and make sure the launcher.exe is set as an exception in both firewall and your anti virus....you're not using a VPN the launcher isn't allowed to access are you?

The only things i'm left with are the most obvious ones you probably already tried, namely try running the launcher repair utility and make sure the launcher.exe is set as an exception in both firewall and your anti virus....you're not using a VPN the launcher isn't allowed to access are you?

ive tried it all.. im not sure what to do now, it worked perfectly fine yesterday.. hopefully some more people might have a problem so a solution can be found

It's not the patch server at least i just tried and it launches just fine, it could be your ISP routing to invalid servers i remember they had problems with that in the past.

It's more annoying with i was playing fine yesterday morning with no issues, now its just gone wrong

This is likely a local region issue as posted at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/game-update-5-10-3a/td-p/7976786/jump-to/first-unread-message

this is likely due to unable to reach the CDN that the dns server is pointing them too, should self resolve so recommend waiting at present.

thats my post actually haha but someone else is having issues too, so is it best just waiting?

• 1 year later...

I too have tried this, not working.

It's really odd, my one computer did not have any issue, tried to download patch on my other computer so I could invite an alt into my own guild and encountered this issue. At present I can still play, so overall better off than some but still....annoying to say the least.

There are a couple of things to try that might help. I've tried all of these myself at one time or another throughout the years that I've been playing and they have all worked to some degree or another. While not all methods were used to address this specific problem, I see no reason not to give em a shot. I'm sure everyone knows the patching process is outdated and buggy so I thought maybe some of these "odd" methods would work.

1. Make sure you have plenty of space on your primary drive (usually C) even if you have multiple drives. Should have a minimum of a gig.

2. Try turning off the windows firewall.

3. Check your antivirus programs. Sometimes they will block ports.

4. When the launcher gets stuck, end task on the launcher, reboot, retry. *

5. The next one is sorta a shot in the dark but it's worked on my machine when I had issues with it not even launching correctly. **

A. Find the folder that the SWTOR game folder is in. I think the default is in C:\Games

B. In the C:\Games folder, create a folder and name it SWTOR2 (or anything other than whatever the current SWTOR folder is named.)

C. Go into the current SWTOR folder. Copy all the files inside, to the Folder you just created in B.

D. Execute the launcher from the new folder.

*Number 4 has been working for me when my patch get's stuck at like 65% or so. When I try again, it just act's like it's already patched and I'm back to playing just fine.

**Number 5 worked for me several times when the launcher gave me some odd security warnings and wouldn't work.

I am, of course, assuming you've checked to make sure you actually have access to the internet. *grin*

6. If your a subscriber, call support. I have.

Hope that helps.