My First Character

MyNameIsArhu

Hello everyone. I'm about to create my first character and I'm planning to play the most of the content with that character alone ( I'm not a huge fan of many alts ) I want to choose either Smuggler or Trooper. My question is if I choose either one of the classes will I miss any significant story throughout my adventure? Can I do all of the content with Smuggler or Trooper or is the game force biased? :D

Hello everyone. I'm about to create my first character and I'm planning to play the most of the content with that character alone ( I'm not a huge fan of many alts ) I want to choose either Smuggler or Trooper. My question is if I choose either one of the classes will I miss any significant story throughout my adventure? Can I do all of the content with Smuggler or Trooper or is the game force biased? :D

each class has their own unique storyline

Specifically:

* During the first part of the story there are eight unique class-based "main" stories. Troopers cannot play the Jedi Knight story, for example.

* On each of the planets you visit for those stories, there are a host of missions that are tied to your chosen faction (Republic or Empire). Smugglers cannot play the Empire faction missions.

* Some planets are limited to one faction.

But OP should *consider* playing at least a few alts (specifically seven) because:

* The individual stories have many different choices, and those choices are of the "once you've chosen, you cannot choose something else on that character" type.

* Some aspects of the stories are tied to whether your character is male or female.

* There are bonuses that you can get if you complete at least the "class" stories on al eight classes. These bonuses apply to all your characters.

* If you like crafting, and you want to train in all the crafting skills, you'll need at least six characters, since any one character can only train one crafting skill.

Specifically:

* During the first part of the story there are eight unique class-based "main" stories. Troopers cannot play the Jedi Knight story, for example.

* On each of the planets you visit for those stories, there are a host of missions that are tied to your chosen faction (Republic or Empire). Smugglers cannot play the Empire faction missions.

* Some planets are limited to one faction.

But OP should *consider* playing at least a few alts (specifically seven) because:

* The individual stories have many different choices, and those choices are of the "once you've chosen, you cannot choose something else on that character" type.

* Some aspects of the stories are tied to whether your character is male or female.

* There are bonuses that you can get if you complete at least the "class" stories on al eight classes. These bonuses apply to all your characters.

* If you like crafting, and you want to train in all the crafting skills, you'll need at least six characters, since any one character can only train one crafting skill.

Every elaborate post. Thank you very much for the answer as this is what I was looking for. :)