Advanced Prototype is a joke right?

oceansofmars

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally love this tree. It feels good and I do great damage.

LOL....

Ok the tree IS horrible, period. Every time someone raves about this tree can only mean one thing; they really dont know much about the class. I am not trying to make fun or insult, but it truly is what it is.

It is said, because everyone was really excited about it at first. It is supposed to be our PvP spec. I really hope they revamp it for it to really be that. I think it would create a very new experience and role for a PT.

LOL....

Ok the tree IS horrible, period. Every time someone raves about this tree can only mean one thing; they really dont know much about the class. I am not trying to make fun or insult, but it truly is what it is.

It is said, because everyone was really excited about it at first. It is supposed to be our PvP spec. I really hope they revamp it for it to really be that. I think it would create a very new experience and role for a PT.

OR they just like the tree for their own reasons , dont like it ? too bad maybe?

OR they just like the tree for their own reasons , dont like it ? too bad maybe?

Yea and maybe someone would also like to run naked in a WZ and dance at the objective thinking a distraction would win the game. Who am I to say that's not a good strategy. lol

We are not talking preference or playstyle here. You have quite a few choices as a PT actually, but deep AP spec is not one of them. Unless you enjoy gimping yourself completely, that's another story.

Yea and maybe someone would also like to run naked in a WZ and dance at the objective thinking a distraction would win the game. Who am I to say that's not a good strategy. lol

We are not talking preference or playstyle here. You have quite a few choices as a PT actually, but deep AP spec is not one of them. Unless you enjoy gimping yourself completely, that's another story.

As I said , people can play how the hell they want. And it is down to preference and playstyle , some people don't want the ZOMG ROLL MY FACE OVER THE KEYBOARD AND WIN feeling. Some people do some people don't . Preference buddy.

As I said , people can play how the hell they want. And it is down to preference and playstyle , some people don't want the ZOMG ROLL MY FACE OVER THE KEYBOARD AND WIN feeling. Some people do some people don't . Preference buddy.

You think by repeating the same garbage and using caps, you are going to make your argument stronger? In fact you do not have an argument.

People come to the forum for advice. When they read someone giving thumbs up for a broken tree (which is a fact not an opinion), and no one criticizing it for what it is, then you are doing them a disservice and you are flat out lying to them and maybe even causing them to have a frustrating gaming experience.

There is a difference between playing the AP tree because you know what you are getting yourself into, and for some reason you just want a challenge, VS., playing it because some clueless person makes unfounded claims about it on a forum and you follow it.

I kinda enjoyed this spec in pve...because I dont PvP....everyone here is probably talking about it in pvp.

But kids will be kids...OH IT SUCKS BECAUSE IT FEELS AWKWARD OH ITS TERRIBLE AND ANYONE USING IT IS A STUPID BUTTFACE. I wish someone plays an Adv. Prototype and comes up with an amazing guide how to play to wipe these smirks off the faces of people that bash **** because ITS TOO HARD I DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY IT!

Edited by Bobinator

I kinda enjoyed this spec in pve...because I dont PvP....everyone here is probably talking about it in pvp.

But kids will be kids...OH IT SUCKS BECAUSE IT FEELS AWKWARD OH ITS TERRIBLE AND ANYONE USING IT IS A STUPID BUTTFACE. I wish someone plays an Adv. Prototype and comes up with an amazing guide how to play to wipe these smirks off the faces of people that bash **** because ITS TOO HARD I DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY IT!

Pyro is leagues ahead of AP in PvP and even more in PvE. The kids and babies I see are those who refuse to listen to reason. Just like kids, whose parents have seen that and done that and try to explain to them that this is the better way, the teenager will still rebel, yell (or write in caps) and believe that they know better than those who have been in their shoes before.

- There are no AP guides because you cant write a guide about a broken tree

- There is nothing "hard" about playing an AP. If anything it is alot easier than a pyro.

Back to the kids analogy, they all eventually learn, the hardway and often end up doing what their parents advised them to, or they end up in jail. lol

Pyro is leagues ahead of AP in PvP and even more in PvE. The kids and babies I see are those who refuse to listen to reason. Just like kids, whose parents have seen that and done that and try to explain to them that this is the better way, the teenager will still rebel, yell (or write in caps) and believe that they know better than those who have been in their shoes before.

- There are no AP guides because you cant write a guide about a broken tree

- There is nothing "hard" about playing an AP. If anything it is alot easier than a pyro.

Back to the kids analogy, they all eventually learn, the hardway and often end up doing what their parents advised them to, or they end up in jail. lol

^This... Yea sure I can kill a bunch of nabs with AP, 1v1 prob starts when a group fight starts and get singled down cus I HAVE to be in melee.... Then you have the "other" problem that AP dmg is noticeably lower than pyro! Dont get me wrong Adv Proto is awesome to mess around, and would be even more awesome if somehow it was viable, cus for me a real mandalorian would be AP specced... but as for now its just the gimped cousin of pyro... For me the worst spec in the entire game....

I used to advocate it as best as I could, because I really wanted to love it. Unfortunately, they're pretty much right about AP.

I won't be snide or anything, but the tree definitely needs a rework. It is a one-trick pony with Hydraulic Overrides, and everything else is either low enough to not be unique to AP, or completely outclassed by the other 2 trees.

For example: AP has MOBILITY! ST has more mobility, and Pyro has range and snares. Both are better than AP's mobility in practice. I should also mention that the 2 classes that Hydraulic Overrides helps the most against are dps Mercs/Commandos and Sage/Sorcs. PTs can rip both of these classes apart w/out the ability very easily, so it really becomes useful only for Huttball and running away from engagements/finding LoS.

AP has ELEMENTAL/INTERNAL DAMAGE! Pyro actually outclasses AP by a rather hefty margin when it comes to elemental damage, and RB just doesn't even compare to IM for DoT damage. RB is cheaper, however, and far less useful because Pyro has Flame Burst proc'ing CGC at 10m and applying a snare.

AP has DAMAGE REDUCTION! Pyro has Energy Rebounder which wins, imo. ST has almost as much full-time passive damage reduction as AP gets during stuns only.

AP has BUFFED FLAMETHROWER! I try not to lol when I hear this, because using this outside of stun cds (which is every 45 secs-1 min at the most) depends entirely on your opponents being idiots, and NOT your own personal skill at all. You can literally just walk away from it and negate the damage. I'm not willing to bank on that every match. I'd much rather use Pyro's superbuffed Flame Bursts/Rail Shots, or ST's utility.

AP has IMMOLATE! This ability looks downright cool, and I wish I could use it all the time, but it's not worth all of the terribly designed talents to get to it. Also, if I really cared that much about hitting hard? Pyro has TD. In fact, Pyro doesn't even need TD to outdamage 31 AP; it can do it handily w/ only 25 points and buffed Rail Shots.

This is why people call it a joke. I really want to love it, but it needs a rework. It is a fun playstyle.

Also, just for the record, it's far harder to stay alive to do your job as a Pyro since you can't simply use HO every 30 seconds to escape. Also, heat management is more involved. If anything, AP was an "easier" spec to play, but I was underwhelmed by the results when compared to my current spec.

I hope that does a better job of explaining the tree's shortcomings. You can fight to overcome them, certainly, but it's an uphill battle and largely unecessary unless you just REALLY enjoy the AP playstyle and are willing to underperform for that reason alone.

Edited by Varicite

I haven't tried a full AP spec because I just don't see it working, but I did attempt to work it into my spec that I posted here in the PT forum (read: Dusky Sparrow). Admittedly the dps is lower than the carolina parakeet version of it, but I really wanted to find a spec that made some use of the AP tree. Maybe for now it can't be done effectively, but I wanted to experiment with it. Edited by OldSchoolC

I haven't tried a full AP spec because I just don't see it working, but I did attempt to work it into my spec that I posted here in the PT forum (read: Dusky Sparrow). Admittedly the dps is lower than the carolina parakeet version of it, but I really wanted to find a spec that made some use of the AP tree. Maybe for now it can't be done effectively, but I wanted to experiment with it.

Best uses of the tree that I've seen are Taugrim's Iron Fist, and the hybrid Run 'n Gun spec.

I don't know if you can even count Iron Fist, as it doesn't go that high into the tree.

Edited by Varicite

its very sad but i agree with most of you guys, if you play proto especially a killer proto with hegc/generator in pvp, apply that skill and play pyro, you will be more useful to everyone, including yourself, and yes if aps could do proto flamethrower on the move and if hegc could proc something useful for pvp (lol@vent heat) like the other 2 stances snaring and doing damage, i am sure many players would respec back to proto and nobody would be complaining about it but that is not gonna happen anytime soon.

Hate on it all you want. I am no pro or anything...

But after scoring top four in damage and kills from lvl 10-12 in pvp I personally think I am enjoying the class as a whole. I mean; I might keep playing and find holes... But so far I am definitely enjoying myself. A lot.:eek:

You sound like me when I was lv12. : D!

I didn't switch out of AP until after I was 50. I still enjoy the playstyle, like I said, but it underperforms. I didn't know this for a long time, of course, as I had no other experiences to compare it to.

I'm not hating, and if you look at what I wrote, I tried to be very clear about exactly why I felt it underperforms. You can definitely make it work for you, but like others have said.. you could probably do better w/ another spec.

Hate on it all you want. I am no pro or anything...

But after scoring top four in damage and kills from lvl 10-12 in pvp I personally think I am enjoying the class as a whole. I mean; I might keep playing and find holes... But so far I am definitely enjoying myself. A lot.:eek:

Ok you are basically a plain Bounty Hunter, not even a dps or tank, let alone an Advanced prototype. You have 1-3 points in any given tree. I am not even sure what you are talking about? Are you saying that you are enjoying the bounty hunter class in general? then great, because it IS an awesome class. Both the ST and Pyro trees are very solid. This whole thread is about the middle tree, which honestly you still dont have 0 experience in yet.

I enjoy the concept of what I am to become. A close range dps. I just for some reason do not enjoy playing with sabers in this game. It is too twitchy for my tastes. EDIT: I find it a bit sad I don't get one of those Gatling guns as imperial. :p Edited by DamienHelzcoming

I enjoy the concept of what I am to become. A close range dps. I just for some reason do not enjoy playing with sabers in this game. It is too twitchy for my tastes. EDIT: I find it a bit sad I don't get one of those Gatling guns as imperial. :p

You're going to be a close-range dps no matter which tree you choose, don't worry about that. : )