BH/trooper getting boned in 1.2

radbass

first off, i am NOT QQing, because i dont even play this class. i play a sniper and an assassin.

heres my logic

1: mercs spam tracer for a reason. it is the core mechanic of their arsenal tree and they are FORCED to use it to be effective. the tracer missile debuff will make the entire arsenal tree as worthless as powertechs advanced prototype. same for vanguard grav shots.

2: mercs are the only class getting a true healing nerf. people cry about a sorc nerf, but sorc are not being nerfed. they are fixing a bug and removing an exploit. that is NOT a nerf. merc/commando on the other hand, are receiving effectively at least a 25% healing nerf.

3: as stated before, advanced prototype (powertech/vanguard melee tree) is already worthless

4: the core mechanic of the pyrotech tree is rapid deployment of railshot (or pub equivalent). by placing a hard cooldown on this mechanic, they have made the tree essentially useless because without the ability to spam free railshots, the class has terrible heat management and cant put out any significant damage without maxing out their heat

essentially, if you are playing anything other than a powertech/vanguard tank, you're class is getting screwed over.

Edited by radbass

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much, although sorcs are getting nerfed into uselessness as well.

Overall the 1.2 changes are very poorly thought out. And the results are obvious on live already.

Edited by Redmarx

first off, i am NOT QQing, because i dont even play this class. i play a sniper and an assassin.

heres my logic

2: mercs are the only class getting a true healing nerf. people cry about a sorc nerf, but sorc are not being nerfed. they are fixing a bug and removing an exploit. that is NOT a nerf. merc/commando on the other hand, are receiving effectively at least a 25% healing nerf.

Really Sorc nerf isn't a nerf? So if we took your Aimed Shot or whatever ability you use every 10 seconds or so and changed it from casting in 3.5 seconds to 7 seconds it wouldnt be a nerf?

If anyone would understand how bad a nerf the sorc nerf is it should be a Sniper who knows how often people gte out of range when casting a long cast ability.

Now add to that that everyone is trying to kill the Sorc..of yea they are trying to kill you the sniper to shut down your DPS too.. but take that and like quadrouple. Everyone is hunting Sorcs and everyone has interupts and some classes have liek 4-5 interupts.

How bad is making Aimed Shot take 7 seconds to cast instead of 3.5?

If you think Sorcs are crying about the bug fix you didnt read teh patch notes.

I think the 1.2 PvP and class balance patch notes should just say...

"Fixed a bug where Powertechs were on even ground with Shadows/Assassins and Marauders/Sentinels."

Edited by Sevvy

4: the core mechanic of the pyrotech tree is rapid deployment of railshot (or pub equivalent). by placing a hard cooldown on this mechanic, they have made the tree essentially useless because without the ability to spam free railshots, the class has terrible heat management and cant put out any significant damage without maxing out their heat

actually the too big internal cd (which is 6s) is not the only issue with this nerf. they also disallow it to work with any other cell than plasma cell. so no one can use the ion cell any longer to have a somewhat increased survivability.

considering that even using the shared try you must be most of the time in melee range or nearly melee range (<=10m) you die pretty much in a second.

actually the too big internal cd (which is 6s) is not the only issue with this nerf. they also disallow it to work with any other cell than plasma cell. so no one can use the ion cell any longer to have a somewhat increased survivability.

considering that even using the shared try you must be most of the time in melee range or nearly melee range (<=10m) you die pretty much in a second.

i actually think the cell is how it should have been from the start. most classes cant use abilities high up in their tree without using that trees stance. ion cell is a tank stance, and pyro is not for tanking. if you want dps you have to expect to be made of paper. that's good balance. no class should be able to tank and dps at the same time. thats why people are qqing so much about tankasins in dps gear. thats a whole different issue though, cuz you cant fix that without ruining assassins as tanks.

thats why people are qqing so much about tankasins in dps gear. thats a whole different issue though, cuz you cant fix that without ruining assassins as tanks.

Sure you can.

- Dark charge reduces damage done by 50%, increases threat by 100%.

Simple.

Edited by Redmarx

Sure you can.

Simple.

the unique trait of assassin tanks is higher dps than other tanks. they're ASSASSINS. and thats not what this thread is about redmarx. go troll somewhere else.

Edited by radbass

the nerf to tracer missile is not going to change anything. 10% damage reduction is minimal in the grand scheme of things, but the mechanics of the arsenal tree are unchanged. people will still be forced to spam tracer missiles.

the nerf to pyrotech was just uncalled for. the internal cooldown was put on PPA to remove the ~4% chance to get 3 rail shot procs in a row. personally, ive never had that happen in several months of play. so that nerf was made to "balance" a once in blue moon occurence.

rail shot is white damage. without a crit, it hits like a wet noodle. so factor in the ~4% chance for 3 resets AND the chance for all 3 to actually crit and do decent damage, youre looking at basically a <1% chance of this occuring.

theyve also removed the chance for the best RNG result (3 procs), yet have not removed the chance for the worst RNG result (no procs).

the requirement for the CGC stance is also absurb. the hybrid builds, specifically the carolina parakeet, was NOT a source of huge DPS. yes, they had above average DPS to go with their above average survivability, but they excelled at neither. killing hybrid builds is a stupid move on bioware's part; cookie cutter classes suck.

the nerfs to the pyrotech tree were made with absolutely zero thought from bioware, and they were done in response to the QQ on the forums about how well some pyrotechs were doing.

a DPS class doing DPS? say it isnt so........

Sure you can.

Simple.

and then sin become useless in pvp the reason people are going tank in dps is gear is so they can live on my sin as deception i get 3.5k crits as darkness i get 2.5k with an empowered shock using recklessness i do less damage i just have more survivabilty if you never darkness' damage a sin is worse off then how bad people are claiming ops are because sin are more substained damage not burst and deflection is the most useless defence ever

the nerf to tracer missile is not going to change anything. 10% damage reduction is minimal in the grand scheme of things, but the mechanics of the arsenal tree are unchanged. people will still be forced to spam tracer missiles.

they are also increasing the channel time for tracer and i think i read that they are adding a short cooldown to "encourage more diversity in the playstyle" or some bs.

my point exactly is that the arsenal tree still requires the spamming of tracer. which means a 10% tracer nerf is a 10% nerf to the entire spec.

and then sin become useless in pvp the reason people are going tank in dps is gear is so they can live on my sin as deception i get 3.5k crits as darkness i get 2.5k with an empowered shock using recklessness i do less damage i just have more survivabilty if you never darkness' damage a sin is worse off then how bad people are claiming ops are because sin are more substained damage not burst and deflection is the most useless defence ever

this thread is not about tanksins. it is about BH/trooper. if you want to whine about tanksins, there are already like 10 threads for that

also, are you 5? try using some sentence structure......

they are also increasing the channel time for tracer and i think i read that they are adding a short cooldown to "encourage more diversity in the playstyle" or some bs.

my point exactly is that the arsenal tree still requires the spamming of tracer. which means a 10% tracer nerf is a 10% nerf to the entire spec.

there is no short cooldown, and the cast time is remaining the same if you properly spec your talent points.

the 10% nerf to tracer missile is outshined by increased unload procs and 10% damage increase to heatseeker. overall, arsenal is going to be in a very good place.

ignore him. hes the one who started a qq thread about assassins. some BADDIES just cant stand it if their class cant roflstomp another class with no effort.

I play an arsenal merc and the 10% damage nerf on tracer is a non factor. They increased the chance for barrage procs. Unload is potentially our highest single target damage ability. They also increased the damage on Heatseeker by 10%.

I know they wanted a more "active" rotation but what they got was the same rotation just more damage. People are still going to have to use tracer for the armor debuff. They're still going to use tracer for the armor buff, we still need tracer for barrage procs, 5 tracers is still max damage on rail shot, and 5 heat sigs still increases heatseekers damage.

Its the exact same thing only we can use unload more often, but any arsenal merc worth anything was already using unload when barrage procd. Its an effective damage increase overall.

The nerfs to pyro suck. Mostly for PT but Mercs took a hit too. With the 10% nerf to tracer damage comes the same 10% nerf to power shot damage. Power shot was one of 2 skills that proc'd PPA for free railshots. Now theres a 6 second internal CD on PPA and the skill pyro mercs used to proc it does less damage.

I play an arsenal merc and the 10% damage nerf on tracer is a non factor. They increased the chance for barrage procs. Unload is potentially our highest single target damage ability. They also increased the damage on Heatseeker by 10%.

alright well as i said im no merc so i didnt understand the mechanics of those other adjustments. all i know is tracer is integral to the tree.

and yeah. the pyro nerf is garbage.

I think the Pyro PT nerf is being way overblown.

Its a 6 second cooldown to PPA, not Rail Shot.

So you can cast Rail Shot, PPA procs, cast Rail Shot again. PPA can't proc again for another 6 six secons.

You can still cast Rail Shot twice in a row, you just can't do it 3 times in a row. Big Deal.

So you can cast Rail Shot, PPA procs, cast Rail Shot again. PPA can't proc again for another 6 six secons.

You can still cast Rail Shot twice in a row, you just can't do it 3 times in a row. Big Deal.

its a heat management issue. pyrotech has HORRIBLE heat management, and the free rail shots are the only way around that.

the unique trait of assassin tanks is higher dps than other tanks. they're ASSASSINS. and thats not what this thread is about redmarx. go troll somewhere else.

If they have high damage, they should not have high survivability. What would you consider the drawback of an assassin?

If they have high damage, they should not have high survivability. What would you consider the drawback of an assassin?

they dont have high damage. just highER damage than other tanks. they also have less inherant survivability than other tanks.

the high tankasin dps comes from tanks gearing in full dps gear. thats the gear, NOT the spec. nerfing the spec because of gear imbalances would ruin them for pve, which is half the game. but again, this is not an assassin thread.

Edited by radbass

Arsenal/Gunnery damage reduction buff from TM/Grav is also getting cut in half.

Because we weren't already glass cannons? Oh wait, now with more glass and less cannon.

that, im on the fence about. i feel that any expectation to be both powerful AND durable is unrealistic. tanks require dps to play their role, but dps should be avoiding situations where they take damage. a typical player should not be able to best 2 typical players.

it is a very big deal.

aside from the fact that this change was not even necessary, PPA was a HUGE source of heat management for pyrotechs. with this change, we will only be able to vent heat effectively every 6 seconds, which means the overall DPS output is nerfed due to resource management.

and you make it seem like we can just proc 3 Rail Shot resets on command. IT IS A ~4% CHANCE! to do decent damage with those 3 Rail Shots, they need to crit. assuming you have 40% crit, the chance of you getting 3 resets AND 3 crits is .35%. LESS THAN 1% CHANCE!

now, to get 3 Rail Shot resets would take 6 GCDs to complete the combo. all of these abilities would need to crit to be as devastating as many players claim them to be. the chance of that happening, again assuming 40% crit, is a .4% chance. AGAIN, LESS THAN 1% CHANCE!

the nerf to pyrotech is because of the above scenario. i have been playing pyrotech for a few months now, and i have never gotten 3 resets in a row. bioware had actually balanced the reset chances quite well. with 1.2, theyre implementing an all encompassing nerf to the pyrotech tree. if they really wanted to try to prevent the perfect RNG outcome, they should have just decreased the PPA proc rates a bit.

this nerf is because of the massive amount of QQ about pyrotech that was coming to the forums. the same thing that happened to operatives is happening to pyrotechs. bioware has made it clear they dont make significant class changes based on actual statistics. they make them based on whether or not the majority of their customers want to have a class nerfed