Crafting 6.0 PVE & PVP

Bjond-Sain

Returning (3 year gap) and trying to make plans for my rather large herd of characters (culled down to 29 from 64 when I first logged back in .. wth was I doing with them!?). Here are some things I've learned, guessed, or assumed along with a few questions. Hopefully y'all can help correct any misapprehensions and provide feedback. :)

It looks like reusable meds are back. Crafting costs have gone hyperbolic and are leaving the system. On the dark side, FP-grinding seems to be moderately fast and providing better gear than crafted. So, what can crafting do that farming doesn't do better and faster? Here's what I have so far:

• Reusable Meds .. Biochem (only source)
  • Augment kits .. Arms, Armor, Synth (only source)
  • Augments .. Arms, Armor, Synth (only source?)

Seems like Cybertech and Artifice can be punted completely due to being replaced by farming.

PVP v PVE: my recollection is that the PVE meds (stim, adrenal, & medpac/unit) do not work in PVP? Is that correct? The Warzone adrenal & medpac say they can't be used in PVE, but the others don't have any PVE-only comments.

BIOC "required" for PVE? Given the prohibitive cost of consumable crafted PVE meds in 6.0, I'm thinking every PVE character needs 700 biochem to use the reusable meds. This really isn't such a bad thing for me; I can make my non-BIOC crafters PVP-only and swap biochem for a gather skill on my triple gatherers.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure about the reusable meds. There is one that requires Biochem600, but I don't know if there's a newer, better, one. The B600 one is relatively low powered now because of increases in total endurance.

Edit - at this time, the B600, reusable med pack does about the same amount of healing as the best new 'green' med pack. However, I don't know if there's a schematic for a new reusable available somewhere, or somehow (such as RE'ing).

I'd have to agree that Cybertech and Artifice can sort of be ignored. Artifice is useful for making dyes, but i'm not sure there are any dyes that require more than 600 in Artifice. Most of the rest of the stuff you can craft with Cybertech and Artifice is no better than the drops you get.

Biochem is not "required" for PvE. Most of the time in PvE you will either be going solo with a healer companion, or in a group with a healer. For those times when there is no healer - such as veteran FPs - you can use koltos and single-use med-packs. I find that for doing Veteran FPs, archeology, scavenging, and slicing (which you can have all on one character) are more useful for opening doors, activating droids, and activating elevators. (And they don't need to be levelled up to work in the FPs)

Edited by JediQuaker

unless you wanna spend massive amounts of credits on consumables, get biochem and either craft yourself or buy the new reusable consumables on gtn.

all schematics are on the vendor as per usual you earn the reusables by RE:ing green into blue, blue into purple and purple into gold (gold=reusabe).

Reusable meds doing less heal in WZ then WZ heal, and +|- same in OPs as old 600 because of bolster. In true 75 new meds are better.

Also not sure about shield, seems stronger in old ops too. But that needs exact measure by tools.