Practice Advanced PVP Tactics during Preseason

SlimPikinz

Now is a good time to learn or refresh on how Target Modifier and Resolve mechanics work during preseason.

I stumbled across these old videos, courtesy of Kre'a, that really helped me when I was learning Assassin back in the day.

Just thought I would bring them back into the light since I doubt YT recommends 5 year old SWTOR content to very many people.

I think most stuff is still relevant but some stuff has changed.

Advanced Resolve Mechanics:

Focus Target Modifier:

RIP Assassin Phase Walk

Support Kre'a for creating quality SWTOR PVP content.

Now is a good time to learn or refresh on how Target Modifier and Resolve mechanics work during preseason.

I stumbled across these old videos, courtesy of Kre'a, that really helped me when I was learning Assassin back in the day.

Just thought I would bring them back into the light since I doubt YT recommends 5 year old SWTOR content to very many people.

I think most stuff is still relevant but some stuff has changed.

Advanced Resolve Mechanics:

Focus Target Modifier:

RIP Assassin Phase Walk

Support Kre'a for creating quality SWTOR PVP content.

My huge lag makes pvping in ranked during a season detrimental to my teams. So I don’t because it’s not fair to my team if I get globalled through DCDs due to them not activating fast enough. But I do play preseason and I do play a lot of arena in regs, lowbies and Mids due to low queue numbers when I’m playing.

It’s surprising how many people don’t know about focus target modifiers or even have focus target or focus target of target UI elements turned on.

One thing I’ve been trying to help do is get new or less experienced players to turn on these focus target UI elements and learn to use them or at least understand them.

So I think this is a great thread and time to do some back to basics training. And I fully support Kre’a and others who take the time to support and make content or threads to help our community :D

Also, R.I.P Assassin Phase Walk

Edit: such a shame resolve still doesn’t work 100% properly after all these years or all the time as it should. (ie, getting stunned to death while you already have full resolve)

But I’m assuming it’s typical Bioware bugs or lag because the mechanics seem to work a good portion of the time when it does work.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Question: are these UI target functions viable in solo's still? To be honest, I have not used them since 8vs8 and maybe through season two of arenas. In 8's, most teams ran with 2 healers so it was necessary to keep them stunned similar to vid but, in my experience, its not very often you see a healer queue up for solo now. I see no reason at all to use them in regs.

I could see it being used to lock up ranged dps….merc or sorc. Also, I guess if you had a lead dps who was swapping off of a tank guard to another player. I am used to just watching for all that.

I guess I am wondering how many actually use the functions and maybe an explanation of how they beneficial/used in the now dps heavy arenas vs. the old 8's.

TrixxieTriss, You’re talking absolute nonsense yet again. Resolve works as intended. You can have movement impairing effects when full white, no soft or hard stuns.

You’re constantly making posts and threads about “omg someone pulled me out of stealth”. “Omg someone did this to me in lowbies”

You’re full of **** and your posts are *********** irritating

Edited by -Ashton-

TrixxieTriss, You’re talking absolute nonsense yet again. Resolve works as intended. You can have movement impairing effects when full white, no soft or hard stuns.

You’re constantly making posts and threads about “omg someone pulled me out of stealth”. “Omg someone did this to me in lowbies”

You’re full of **** and your posts are *********** irritating

And yet you attack me without knowing all the facts or circumstances. Shame on you with your hate. I guess it’s easier to attack someone than having a decent conversation.

Edited by TrixxieTriss