Question Regarding Botting to Stay online??

CaptRogue

As per title, is this allowed??

A certain guild on the server I'm on has a player that has 2nd account(s) that will stand on the planets like 24/7 during the conquest weeks that have the "X: Slayer" objective where you kill enemy players on the specified planet. That player also wears no gear so it's an easy kill & auto respawns so it can be spawn killed.

I would think that since this is a form of botting this isn't allowed. But seeing as this player does it all the time maybe it is allowed...

It's not that much different to gaining PVP planetary achievements by having ops groups form up, and having imps kill pubs one week and pubs kill imps the next.

I would imagine that it is frowned upon. Whether it's a punishable infringement is up to the studio. So report it and see if it stops.

It's not a huge conquest points gain, unlike multi-box-botting to kill mobs 24/7 so it's a marginal call at best.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

It's not that much different to gaining PVP planetary achievements by having ops groups form up, and having imps kill pubs one week and pubs kill imps the next.

See I disagree with that. But that is my opinion. To have an Ops group on both sides, one side not wearing gear or fighting so the other team can farm them for achievements & conquest is still weak. It's not that hard to actually do what it's meant to do. Especially for the larger guilds, like the one this player in question is a member of.

Honestly a smaller guild I would understand a bit more even if I disagreed with it.

As per title, is this allowed??

A certain guild on the server I'm on has a player that has 2nd account(s) that will stand on the planets like 24/7 during the conquest weeks that have the "X: Slayer" objective where you kill enemy players on the specified planet. That player also wears no gear so it's an easy kill & auto respawns so it can be spawn killed.

I would think that since this is a form of botting this isn't allowed. But seeing as this player does it all the time maybe it is allowed...

Two accounts, both logged in at the same time...multi boxing...is not against the rules. (provided you're using two separate computers/mice/keyboards...changing that to where 1 keystroke controls both accounts IS against the rules)

Somehow automating one of the two accounts (botting) is very much against the rules...as someone else already mentioned.

Edited by Darev

A certain guild on the server I'm on has a player that has 2nd account(s) that will stand on the planets like 24/7 during the conquest weeks that have the "X: Slayer" objective where you kill enemy players on the specified planet.

How do you know that / how can you tell whose 2nd account it is?

Regarding your question: Botting is not allowed in this game, isn't it? From this point of view, this should be sanctioned. If this player would do it manually, I think that it's OK behaviour.

This is sadly a common issue, mainly the largest and most well known guild on Darth Malgus has even highraking officers that do this. They even have automated afk messages setup when you whisper their toon. These are violations against ToS as you are running sub programs influecing the game. This can have a negative effect on the game itself, that is the main reason why it is not allowed.

As it was mentioned, you can have more accounts, but they need to be on different computers or they can be on same computer, but you have to control one account at a time. That way you dont cause issues to the game. If you setup a macro (a sequence of repeating keystrokes) that is the real offense and that is not allowed.

How do you know that / how can you tell whose 2nd account it is?

Regarding your question: Botting is not allowed in this game, isn't it? From this point of view, this should be sanctioned. If this player would do it manually, I think that it's OK behaviour.

There is a couple of ways I know. None of which I will state right here. I can PM you, if you're interested but that's it.

I thought it was against the rules. But like others have stated, they don't seem to get bans as they do it all the time.

And yes, this is a higher ranking officer of said guild. They don't seem to care.

Granted this guild seems to have a disregard for rules anyway.

This, at best, could be called a "form" of botting, but technically, a bot is a character that is controlled by software (not a human). However, if the character constantly dies and respawns, that would keep them logged in, without requiring a "bot". It's more of an "afk" than a "bot".

This, at best, could be called a "form" of botting, but technically, a bot is a character that is controlled by software (not a human). However, if the character constantly dies and respawns, that would keep them logged in, without requiring a "bot". It's more of an "afk" than a "bot".

No, the toon only dies if attacked. Other wise it just stands near easy respawn points.

No, the toon only dies if attacked. Other wise it just stands near easy respawn points.

Are you making fun of me for dying on Dantooine in the PvP zone? I wasn't afk...I just wasn't paying attention and I'm not nearly as good as I should be ;)