Problem Resolved

Jadescythe

That's exactly what crossed my mind about the root/snare resolve. Carnage offers some great crowd control as do some other specs, like either DPS sorc spec. It would make a sorcs life living hell.

If they replaced some of our CC with some actual real burst damage and put back in the instant cast procs we used to have (minus the double cast bug of course), I'd be more than happy about it.

My issue is that- if they decide to nerf our CC into the ground like they nerfed everything else for us- we'll go from being a class that's brought along almost solely for the bubble to being a class that isn't brought, period.

I don't mind a CC heavy spec- but make it a spec. If we have a tree that's called 'damage' it needs to do either burst for pvp, or sustained that comes with pressure.

Lightning and madness lack burst, they have good over time damage but there's no pressure- you don't feel any sort of urgency. It's why as a healer when I have 1 or 2 sorcs beating on me it's a yawn to outheal them- whereas having a single PT, jugg or mara on me is a desperate fight for my life I'll likely lose.

That would be fine if pvp wasn't confined to small areas around doors/turrets where you need a short TTK- sorcs aren't fundamentally flawed in pvp, they're flawed in this game's low TTK dependent pvp.

Until you've tried as a sorc to kill a ball carrier, or down turret guards or clear a VS door- then tried again as one of the classes that has heavy burst/pressure you won't realize how vast the difference is.

That stun is our best chance of surviving and disrupting others- so BW, please, if you take it away- give us something else, or you're just going to see the same sorc exodus you saw in 1.2 because playing a sorc after 1.2 really was miserable.

Let's discuss your changes point by point.

If 1 would be implemented then players that are good at dueling would lose one great asset and that is real time updating on their target resolve status. Also, since inactive resolve ticks down at 25 point per second, getting hard stunned for 4 second will give you 32 seconds when any subsequent CC will put you in resolved (active) state, even a knock back would do that. Good player will profit from that by holding on their stun breaker to break the second stun /mezz . Nothing wrong with that but with the current TTK to give such long period of "immunity" to a player could upset the balance.

2 sounds good I see no issues with that.

3 is too big of a change for me to pretend I know how it would affect the game-play. If you are focused by several enemies with roots then you shouldn't be upset, your team can move. If you are rooted again and again by a single enemy then maybe we should speak about that class/spec alone (don't think we should though)

If 4 would be implemented you should welcome back immortal in 1v1 healers (the good ones will be able to keep up with 1vs2 comfortably.) Opening with a stun does not guarantees victory by any degree in fact (except certain classes) it just diminishes your winning chances since you lose a great way to interrupt a big attack of your opponent.

Stunned to death happens but it's more about the short TTK and glaring imbalances between the opposing teams then about the amount of CC. I rarely get stunned to death when I'm playing with people that know how to guard/taunt/peel/heal while playing in a team that gets decimated gets me more epileptic deaths than I can bear :p.

Thank you for the constructive post though. o7

Edited by LenrocNewDawn

What do I think? Great ideas. Personally I think resolve to be worked out by breaking them out of all CC when it hits 1000. Any idiots who stack it up even in a PuG should have this coming to them. Hell even this would fix flashbubble.

Other then that the CD on the CC breaker needs to be lower at least to 30 seconds. Its ridiculous to have to pop that die and wait for it to still count down. Either that or you refresh it if you dead or refresh it when resolve hits 1000.

If i dont use my cc breaker, i may lose 60-100%HP while there is no 100% resolve filled

If i use it, there is a chance i get CC'd again imidietly.

When i need immunity, my cc breaker isnt ready.

On the bottom line, resolve fills too slow and cc breaker has no improvements in the skilltree.

What means CC breaker ? ... it doesnt only brakes my devotion, it also makes room for shields and heals and whistles.

We only break CCs in combat - logical ^^ so we are in a situation of a virtual life threat, a death threat.

CC breaker is a emergency tool, to gain back control.

If its not filled already in such a high alert threat - that you need to blast the chains on you - then its pretty worthless if you can be CC'd again right after the freeze.

At the moment, i only care if others are immune ...