Returning player, Need advice to make creds.

Ccgv

There's so much cool gear, and new items to buy since i've left. The issue is, I only have 100k. I had 6m but I gave it all to my guild because i told myself i wouldn't play again(lol) but the market has changed a lot, and i've lost my mojo to play the market, since I transferred to a big server(Harbringer, or however it's spelled)

I was wondering if someone could give me an ideal of what sells well, and what markets to stick with. If you don't want to give any advice on the forums, feel free to mail Wolffé.

Anyways, whats some advice ya'll can toss at me to play on a big server, that has a lot of competition. I sold some of my old cartel items, but people undercut WAAAAY to much. Someone undercut me by 300k, next guy 200k, and the item went down to 50k. I was thinking of taking slicing, but i'd really like to get into the market.

The short of it, is that how do you play the GTN well on a big server? Thanks guys!

Best advice to get back into the swing of things, follow the story quests and while your on Planet X, do all the heroic quests... You will be swimming with credits and gear, and just buy what you like to get. I wouldn't play the market much these days unless you know exactly what to look for. Also pick up treasure hunting, I've heard it's good... And Welcome back! :)

Thanks a bunch, is the market really not worth it anymore unless you're very good?

Well, I think crafted would be better then reselling cartel items, I usually watch the cartel, it is a risk you could find some things going well below market and when you price them for the millions the market is at. You might get stuck with it for a while. With that being said. Just pick a few target items such as mounts I find the best overall to flip, but only the cartel ones. Know what's going for good prices. It all depends on your forte really. Sometimes people's cargo get so overwhelmed with CC items they dump them for really low, but again you need to know what to look for. Solid way to make loads of credits while you relearn the game would either be run WZ and Tactical's and do the daily's/Weekly's and run planet heroics.. Very worth it. :)

If you have cartel coins to spare, buy crates and hypercrates and sell them unopened on the GTN. Then use the credits to buy the items you really want.

If you are strapped for cartel coins, well... try making weekly Heroics in full groups, start slicing away and have a little patience. Credits are easy to gain these days, but GTN prices have skyrocketed.

Thanks a bunch, is the market really not worth it anymore unless you're very good?

The market is a very good channel to accumulate wealth..... if you pick your market segments well and know what your server craves. Of course you have to have money to make money... just like real life... so first accumulate a couple million and then start playing the market.

Leveling a character to 65 doing just heroics will net you multiple million credits, and can be done much faster now days. Many other methods of game play now days will net you similar rewards (though not the gear as you level). You literally have zero costs to level now days. No training costs, low repair fees (since it is rare to die now days), and the ability to get all the leveling gear you will ever need from the reward boxes from heroics as you level.

Edited by Andryah